Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT'

Almodusa

HDD:

TTPD - 375K

Billie - 329K

At the end it did wonders for both, as always. 

• Like 4

• Replies 50.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

2 minutes ago, omrimayo said:

HDD:

TTPD - 375K

Billie - 329K

At the end it did wonders for both, as always. 

incredible :clap3: I love how this ended up helping both of their units for this week! competition is literally ALWAYS a good thing it seems like

Ok so radio is back to supporting Fortnight BUT at the risk of losing steam for Broken Heart I think they should still consider moving on to Broken heart in another two weeks or so. That way Fortnight would have been given a near 1.5-2 month single run like most singles get and then she can focus on Broken Heart

11 =
Taylor Swift - Fortnight (feat. Post Malone)
34 11   45.68 +0.65

Top consumed album all round :clap3:

• Like 4

GREEN BRACELETS WITH BUTTERFLIES

Is she going to announce Debut TV?!?!

spacer.png

• Like 2

I just love when THOTS suffer, it just gives me that buzz

20240519_184319.gif?ex=665249e8&is=6650f

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

19 hours ago, Cruel Summer said:

On the Pretty Work Basketball Jock Man topic, let's just say that we're actual friends now (turns out he's shy, took some time) and going to a little festival thing together, possibly just us alone together for the first time other than quick little moments, tomorrow - so hearing THIS mashup, tonight, from this woman, with these songs? Oh I'm about to either enter a new dimension of life or get my heart forcefully shoved through a meat processor, we'll see how it goes!

Seriously, what kind of black magic is this woman on? The GENIUS of mixing the sport jock song and Treacherous. I'm weak, I need to lie down. The countless hopeless romantic gays she just Thanos-snapped with this track. I honestly think it's an all-time highlight, like Cornelia Street (Live From Paris).

This happens once every few lifetimes indeed :gaycat6:

19 hours ago, wastedpotential said:

I swear I can't have a SINGLE damn unique experience :deadbanana4:

Ugh his name was Joey and he was in my in my history class and I basically academically carried him through that year, and he didn't look TWICE at me in that way. Ugh let me go stream The Apostlesmy and drink my wine and light some candles and stalk him on instagram and cry :suburban:

Mother wrote a song for y'all :fan:

But actually keep the updates coming, Mother also taught us that true love finds a way :heart2:

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Buffy said:

GREEN BRACELETS WITH BUTTERFLIES

Is she going to announce Debut TV?!?!

spacer.png

I feel like this fan is a troll! are other fans showing this same bracelet? :jonny2: 

Why after all this time, i just realize My Boy 2nd verse has a completely different melody from the 1st verse.

Is this the 1st time it happen in one of her song? 

Make the song sound like a brilliant masterpiece now.

She kinda just confirmed High Infidelity is about her cheating on Joe with Matty with that mashup with Fresh out of the slammer.

Her vocal on the choruses is so good.

And finally The way i love you, the crowd was singing loudly to an album track release 16 years ago in an Europe stadium is wild.

1 hour ago, IBeMe said:

Ok so radio is back to supporting Fortnight BUT at the risk of losing steam for Broken Heart I think they should still consider moving on to Broken heart in another two weeks or so. That way Fortnight would have been given a near 1.5-2 month single run like most singles get and then she can focus on Broken Heart

11 =
Taylor Swift - Fortnight (feat. Post Malone)
34 11   45.68 +0.65

This, they must do something with the biggest smash of all time ICDIWABH!! 

I hope there is a video, remixes, live, physical copy. This deserve to be gigantic, I hope they won't pass on it.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, chiliam said:

She kinda just confirmed High Infidelity is about her cheating on Joe with Matty with that mashup with Fresh out of the slammer.

Her vocal on the choruses is so good.

And finally The way i love you, the crowd was singing loudly to an album track release 16 years ago in an Europe stadium is wild.

Local they said.

4 minutes ago, omrimayo said:

This, they must do something with the biggest smash of all time ICDIWABH!! 

I hope there is a video, remixes, live, physical copy. This deserve to be gigantic, I hope they won't pass on it.

exactly! I really hope they dont waste the potential that song has to smash. It's not even my fav on this record but its undeniable that it can be a big hit if they really push for it!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IBeMe said:

exactly! I really hope they dont waste the potential that song has to smash. It's not even my fav on this record but its undeniable that it can be a big hit if they really push for it!

It's not in my top 10 even but it's for sure the biggest "hit" from this album and insane summer smash! She must recored a video for it, no? I mean, I don't know, I hope they will do something. Didn't like the fact it dropped 5 spots on TTH today. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I don't believe that she recorded only one video for this massive album. I think there are videos for ICDIWABH and Down Bad, it's just a matter of when she wants to release them. I could be wrong of course but hopefully I'm right here…

ICDIWABH and Down Bad are the clear singles, and in that order. ICDIWABH is perfect for summer and Down Bad will be perfect for fall.

Edited by Holiest Dreams
  • Like 4

The Billie dis track on TS12 is going to be fire! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, chiliam said:

Why after all this time, i just realize My Boy 2nd verse has a completely different melody from the 1st verse.

Off the top of my head ****! and Now That We Don't Talk do this as well

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chiliam said:

Yessss!! This Is Me Trying 2nd verse has a different prechorus melody

I was so ahead of the curve

The curve became a sphere

Fell behind all my classmates

and I ended up here

Pouring my heart out to a stranger

but I didn't pour the whiskey…

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chiliam said:

The narcotics are permanently in our bloodstream. Even after 16 years, I still know all the words :jonny:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IBeMe said:

I feel like this fan is a troll! are other fans showing this same bracelet? :jonny2: 

I can confirm, I have the same one :heart:

• Like 2

I NEVER wanna see those "local" allegations or that people don't know her songs. An entire STADIUM in one of the smallest countries in Europe was SCREAMING The Way I Loved You. A deep cut from Fearless. 

Fearless you will FOREVER be famous, sweetie. 

• Like 8

OH. :jonny5:

2 hours ago, Holiest Dreams said:

I don't believe that she recorded only one video for this massive album. I think there are videos for ICDIWABH and Down Bad, it's just a matter of when she wants to release them. I could be wrong of course but hopefully I'm right here…

ICDIWABH and Down Bad are the clear singles, and in that order. ICDIWABH is perfect for summer and Down Bad will be perfect for fall.

From your mouth to Alison's eard cuz if this hag doesn't release a video for Down Bad aka the best song on the alberm, she will be dealt with!! You'll be hearing from me in court, Taylor Alison Swift!!

• Like 1

sometimes i wonder who my fave would be if it wasn't taylor. my #2 atm is selena, but that's at least partially due to proximity to taylor.

my faves before taylor knocked them out were kelly & britney, but they were poised to be knocked out b/c i'd been a bit disappointed by their most recent output at the time. 

maybe lorde for her first two eras. maybe beyonce. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Great Username said:

Oh the girls that get it >>>

Thank you for sharing this video. It's easily my favorite review of TTPD that I've seen so far. I agree with a lot of what he says, and he even opened my eyes to some intricacies and meanings of the songs on the album. It was most prominent on "I Look in People's Window". After he finished talking about it I was like "damn, I really missed something with this one".

_

The Tortured Poets Department has had me on an emotional chokehold tbh. It's a really heavy one (in every sense of the word: in terms of length, subject matter, lyricism, references...), and it's pretty easy to understand why it received mixed reactions. I'm clearly on the side of people who think it is one of her absolute best body of work ever, despite some obvious flaws. evermore is the only album I'm debating whether or not it's better than TTPD. I guess evermore's being nearly 4 years old already (meaning I had more time to build a strong connection with it) and also the album that turned me into a fan is playing in its favor, but Tortured Poets truly is a work of art that I think will age incredibly well. I wouldn't be surprised at all if down the line, it gains the title of being her magnum opus. 

• Like 6

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.