Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT'

Almodusa

1 minute ago, Enrique523 said:

I love 1989 but better than Folklore/Evermore? Really?

1989 had a lot of impact in Pop music. It's considered a pop bible and it's a staple on her discography and pop music in general. 

It's not my favorite either and I'd place folkmore above 1989 too, but I don't think they based that list solely on the quality of the music but other things too. It was her breakthrough album and a genre shift that led to her legendary status. 

• Like 2

• Replies 50.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

2 hours ago, dalladallamallamalla said:

I'm just doing what y'all do on every platform to literally every other fanbase and artist right now, except I brought facts that don't line up with your rose-tinted image of IRL Cersei. Who are even your favs allies at this point? Sabrina Carpenter and Charlie Puth who have both publicly praised HMHAS and are silent on TTPD? You guys are too funny.

You're embarrassing. Congrats on getting Sabrian and Charli Puth notice though! Lmao

that user screams brandon:toofunny3: essays after essays

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, hungrymuffin said:

wait a sec :toofunny3:

4 hours ago, dalladallamallamalla said:

Well for one, Billie has never done anything to indicate she would game shipments/sales to block another artist on Billboard. Taylor has done this about four times now(high profile ones anyways). Let us list some facts:

1) Taylor has delayed and/or pushed up the shipment of special edition bonus track CDs, signed CDs, and a specific vinyl drop to this specific tracking week
2)Taylor dropped three digital variants, each with a different "memo" version of songs when they easily could've been combined onto one and saved her fans $12+.
3)When it became obvious that Billie's album is performing much better than expected and has now a potential top 5 BB100 song in Lunch, she dropped a remix version of Flopnight to try and remain relevant on the chart.
4) Taylor managed to save doing ALL of these things for the week another big, queer FEMALE artist drops a highly anticipated project. This shows Taylor's inability to let anyone else shine for even a moment.

Jokes on her because based on Billie's numbers today, this album is far more stable than anything Taylor has released in years. A -0.01% drop in streams on Spotify on your 5th day is almost unheard of. That is organic, global demand.

Is it truly that serious? These people are richer and more successful than any of us could ever hope to be. They will be okay no matter who hits #1 or goes multiplatinum first or sells the most vinyls. I promise

Go outside

7 minutes ago, hungrymuffin said:

It 100% is :rip: 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

brandon creating another dupe account as we speak

doing-fast-typing-with-laptop-o71l0dltyf

Edited by hungrymuffin
  • Haha 5

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, dalladallamallamalla said:

You can @ me in a few years when I'm proven right.

what will your username be? send me a list please

Edited by hungrymuffin
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)

Not the Tortured Men's Club stanning?

His favorite song on it, for the record, is "The Smallest Man Who Ever Lived,"

:ryan3:

Edited by Mandalore
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Hi swifties 😇, apparently the song started increasing now. I'll keep you guys updated.

Pop Radio: 
#6. Fortnight (+1) *NEW PEAK* 
Spins: 10.537 (+86) 
Aud: 25.845M (+0.142M)  

Hot AC Radio: 
#5. Fortnight (=) *Peak #4* 
Spins: 4.276 (+56) 
Aud: 14.652M (+0.334M)

• Like 13

6 hours ago, Feanor said:

Billie is not entitled to an #1 debut whereas Taylor had won an award. Those two things are not comparable in any way. :rip: 

Charts by nature don't operate on the "one for me, one for you" principle, they're based on competition.

Charts are meant to reflect what is popular on any given week and not be a competition to collect honors. It's the labels' and artists' (and also fans') fault for turning them into more than what they should be and for trying to game them. There's no need to come up with elaborate excuses to defend everything your fave does. Sometimes it's ok to call them out on their bs. Like she's still my fave, but this is not a good look and not a good move. It's ok to admit that. 

Some of you here like that crazed up @Starchild will rush to downvote any comment that speaks negatively of her like your life depends on it. Others will continously mock people trying to find flaws or hypocrisy in their arguments as a coping mechanism. But come on, this adulation is so boring. @YR. lemme hear your thoughts on this, you always say it how it is without the mental gymnastics 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 3

3 hours ago, Enrique523 said:

I love 1989 but better than Folklore/Evermore? Really?

The list wasn't about how "good" an album is. Here is the criteria they used:

I'm a Folklore person but 1989 is the right one to highlight in terms of cultural impact if you can only choose one. It's a perfectly crafted pop record that turned a huge star into a global superstar while also doing a genre switch. Multiple #1s, huge sales, AOTY. It's really unparalleled. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Goaty said:

The list wasn't about how "good" an album is. Here is the criteria they used:

Ok fair enough. 1989 was a big moment for sure.

• Like 2

i was browsing reddit and all i saw was people hating on her :gaycat7: puta tv is gonna be sick isnt it?

Bit over a month with the album and I think it's slightly too much to chew on when it comes to competing with my favorite album of hers (evermore). Still an entry into my personal Top 3 though. 

Paradoxically, what makes me love Poets more and more is the breadth of the material. Not a moment of respite throughout all 31 songs, fever high pitch of emotion and drama. Every time I listen to the full edition I have to marvel at how much of a bummer the album is, and how it's still so wildly enjoyable. 

Also...whatever is happening in this thread. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, liam13 said:

i was browsing reddit and all i saw was people hating on her :gaycat7: puta tv is gonna be sick isnt it?

It's just a vocal minority talking about her non-stop. 

Blood's thick, but nothing like a payroll

Bet they never spared a prayer for my soul

Sad Cat GIF

• Like 2

CNN Portugal: The new Queen of Pop :alexz3:

• Like 2

How this album still getting better with every listen... I've never hyperfixated so hard... It's crack. Can't go a day without immersing myself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guilty As Sin? the 4th most streamed sing daily and greatest gainer despite not being on the tour, beautiful to see 

• Like 3

GOJeoINXcAAYk4y?format=png&name=large

that mess better drop below CS :biblio:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Are we keeping the number one album title next week or not because Billie's discounted her album.

4 minutes ago, NorbertMinaj said:

Are we keeping the number one album title next week or not because Billie's discounted her album.

Probably not. I don't think she had 100k copies laying around to pull the 350k HDD is predicting. I think both will do around 310k

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NorbertMinaj said:

I guess no. It wasn't 50k gap, it was less to begin with. The album is under 5usd after 5 days, she posted a billion new videos now on YT and they are doing listening party in a few hours while this time TN decided not to fight back. No new version this week at all, no push or anything so it's gonna be close but we lost. 
I DON'T care cuz the album is great but the people in here… I can't stand them. I won't survive Monday.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.