Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT'

Almodusa

6 hours ago, knewbetterpt2 said:

Taylor Swift is not the millennial Madonna lmaoooooooo

Taylor is dominating the industry, dominating conversations and dividing people the same way Madonna was so yes, she absolutely is. Being "the new Madonna" is not about being a hypersexualized pop star, Madonna is way more than that.

Beside, literally nobody else outside Taylor is either massive or influential enough to be "the new Madonna". 

• Like 6

• Replies 50.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

Taylor makes everyone bitter and she's the main topic of every conversation. She IS the new Madonna :clap3: 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, PoisonedIvy said:

The fact I want Taylor to step on the gas even harder and really lean into the villain role she's embracing :ahh: 

I might sound crazy but I'd like her even more if she pulled that :ahh: 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, devonedelrey said:

Ok, but billies criticism of her being a top polluter was valid her working with an environmental dj does nothing to her case lol as long as she takes 5 minute trips with her jet or releases 40 vinyl variants with each release

It literally isn't since Taylor isn't even in the top 30 of celebrities polluting the most, the whole thing is propaganda started by the Kardashians. Billie is a massive hypocrite, she called out Taylor for having supposedly "many variants" yet she herself has MORE variants for her new album than Taylor has for TTPD. She's not the "good guy" here.

You guys really couldn't care less about the climate, if you did you'd call out ALL people contributing to it and not just hyperfocus on Taylor. It's all performative activism :toofunny3:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dalladallamallamalla said:

HOPE THIS HELPS! ENJOY :)

And yet you guys and Billie are still gonna pretend that Billie doesn't care about charts? :toofunny3:

This is why you guys's criticism of Taylor can't be taken seriously: you're bashing her for things that other popstars are ALSO doing. Billie is just as chart hungry as Taylor is, the only difference is she's being a total hypocrite about it.

And the fact that Billie has to fight THAT hard to be #1 the first week is pretty pathetic honestly, you'd think she could easily beat someone who's into their fifth week, especially when they started with 2.6M first week :bibliahh:

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 days until I see this godly woman in front of me… I don't think I'm feeling well at all :gaycat6:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TayDuaStan said:

Taylor had 5 vinyl variants for TTPD, the same amount Lana had for TATUOB but i don't see you criticising that... Maybe you should have the same energy for you fave. And Billie has like 15 variants :rip:

The only difference is that Taylor actually sells while the other 2 don't

As i said in my previous posts, people are complete hypocrites when it comes to variants, Taylor has consistently less variants than her peers yet she gets all the backlash, it makes ZERO SENSE :toofunny3:

It's all about blindly hating Taylor and not any logical, coherent argument. Everything that she's being attacked for apply to SO MANY other popstars yet they act as if she's the only one doing it. It truly reminds me of Republicans in the way the arguments are ENTIRELY based on emotion and not reality.

• Thanks 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, OnlyManInTheWorld said:

Taylor makes everyone bitter and she's the main topic of every conversation. She IS the new Madonna :clap3: 

Exactly. Literally nobody else amongst female popstars dominates conversations and divide people the way Taylor is. People are absolutely OBSESSED with her.

You need to go on Twitter alone to see it: nobody praises their faves anymore, they just compare them to Taylor. What those people don't seem to realise is it doesn't matter if they talk about Taylor positively or negatively: it contributes to make her the biggest star in the world. You don't need to be universally loved to be the biggest star.

Edited by Enrique523
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Enrique523 said:

Taylor is dominating the industry, dominating conversations and dividing people the same way Madonna was so yes, she absolutely is. Being "the new Madonna" is not about being a hypersexualized pop star, Madonna is way more than that.

Beside, literally nobody else outside Taylor is either massive or influential enough to be "the new Madonna". 

The female Madonna :clap3:

I am DEAD reading that chart thread, Billie vs Taylor edition.

So entertaining.  Like a comedy show.

49 minutes ago, Dear Reader said:

2 days until I see this godly woman in front of me… I don't think I'm feeling well at all :gaycat6:

A Billie cover on the piano. Ya ready?

1 minute ago, Tusk said:

A Billie cover on the piano. Ya ready?

No because that would be a GAG actually. Hope she sings ocean eyes (Taylor's Version) :bird:

51 minutes ago, Dear Reader said:

Well, you should rest and give me the tickets. 

1 hour ago, TeamThiem said:

I am DEAD reading that chart thread, Billie vs Taylor edition.

So entertaining.  Like a comedy show.

Yeah, OTHs are losing their minds AGAIN, it's just endless comedy :ryan3:

As i said many times already i'd almost feel sorry for them if they weren't so nasty and cruel about the whole thing. I know what it's like to see a pop star you don't like being very successful, yeah it sucks. But the Taylor hate train has become pure misogynistic insanity, it will age HORRIBLY in the future. Especially since so many of those OTHs would call themselves "feminists" :toofunny3:

4 minutes ago, Taylor fanboy said:

Well, you should rest and give me the tickets. 

I'd go even if I had to undergo surgery :ryan3:

9 minutes ago, Enrique523 said:

Yeah, OTHs are losing their minds AGAIN, it's just endless comedy :ryan3:

As i said many times already i'd almost feel sorry for them if they weren't so nasty and cruel about the whole thing. I know what it's like to see a pop star you don't like being very successful, yeah it sucks. But the Taylor hate train has become pure misogynistic insanity, it will age HORRIBLY in the future. Especially since so many of those OTHs would call themselves "feminists" :toofunny3:

The only thing that is going to age terribly is Taylor doing to Billie what Kanye did to her - trying to upstage during Billie's debut week when your project is pushing five weeks now. She should know better not to do this to someone, it NEVER ages well. The industry has been rolling their eyes at this all week and that's just the beginning. You can @ me in a few years when I'm proven right.

• Thumbs Down 5

Whew, this has been fun. Love seeing her flex her power. Can't wait for everyone to give her a six week birth next time.

:ryan3:

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

5 minutes ago, dalladallamallamalla said:

The only thing that is going to age terribly is Taylor doing to Billie what Kanye did to her - trying to upstage during Billie's debut week when your project is pushing five weeks now. She should know better not to do this to someone, it NEVER ages well. The industry has been rolling their eyes at this all week and that's just the beginning. You can @ me in a few years when I'm proven right.

Taylor has been bothering people in the industry for a lot of reasons since 2014 but blocking Billie would not be one of them (would because it's not even really sure yet). All these people care about is money. They'll rather take a #2 selling 300k+ than a #1 selling 250k. Placement on the charts does not bring money. Taylor's competitiveness is upping everyone's numbers, meaning both Billie's and Taylor's work have become more profitable, which is what matters to them. 

And no, the Kanye thing has nothing to do with what Taylor is doing to Billie. Kanye attacked Taylor's worth as an artist during the VMAs. Taylor blocking Billie from #1 doesn't impact Billie's worth as an artist whatsoever. 

• Thanks 5

12 minutes ago, dalladallamallamalla said:

Girl, this is UNHINGED. This is the music industry, not the best friends industry :deadbanana4:

Anyway, that sentiment always only applies to Taylor on here. She's not a girls girl because she does her job and fights for her achievements? Give me a break. Standards other people would NEVER apply to their faves, but I guess not everyone's faves can bag 5 weeks at number one. 

• Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, dalladallamallamalla said:

Billie is not entitled to an #1 debut whereas Taylor had won an award. Those two things are not comparable in any way. :rip: 

Charts by nature don't operate on the "one for me, one for you" principle, they're based on competition. And the industry can continue "rolling their eyes" as much as they want. None of this is affectting Taylor's sales, streams or ticket sales, so "in a few years" Taylor will continue to smash and this chart "battle" will be forgotten just like all other chart battles in history, cause at the end of the day, it's not that serious. :laugh:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, IBeMe said:

same tbh. Not only her random comments but I just sat through her Zane Lowe Interview and in SEVERAL parts she and her brother KINDA shade Taylor lol...they mention how no one needs long albums and if people complain about an album being long it means it's not good (lol), then they talked about how diaristic song writing is lame and not their approach etc... while those comments can be general...I do think that the person these comments are mostly made about in their field is indeed Taylor so yeah...I get the sense they just do not like her much and CLEARLY she doesn't like them that much either based on the events of this week :eli: I live for this type of petty ish lol. It's harmless and stems from a place of pure competition and I really enjoy it

what? im not surprise though, they always sound like pick me, im better than anyone type.

Even if it`s not about Taylor. Those statement is still very pick me pick me, like you do you but why have to talk **** about other approach and think you`re the best. So cocky.

8 hours ago, IBeMe said:

same tbh. Not only her random comments but I just sat through her Zane Lowe Interview and in SEVERAL parts she and her brother KINDA shade Taylor lol...they mention how no one needs long albums and if people complain about an album being long it means it's not good (lol), then they talked about how diaristic song writing is lame and not their approach etc... while those comments can be general...I do think that the person these comments are mostly made about in their field is indeed Taylor so yeah...I get the sense they just do not like her much and CLEARLY she doesn't like them that much either based on the events of this week :eli: I live for this type of petty ish lol. It's harmless and stems from a place of pure competition and I really enjoy it

what? im not surprise though, they always sound like pick me, im better than anyone type.

Even if it`s not about Taylor. Those statement is still very pick me pick me, like you do you but why have to talk **** about other approach and think you`re the best. So cocky.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, dalladallamallamalla said:

Imagine comparing releasing a single remix one week to publicly humiliating someone on national television. Are you actually serious? :biblio:

Once again, stop being so blindly hateful, you are not thinking rationally. I'm not even insulting you here, i'm being serious. Stop bashing Taylor Swift for things ALL pop stars do. The music industry is a BUSINESS, it's not a charity. Being competitive is GOOD, it's what makes charts interesting.

Serious question: Why should Taylor bow down to Billie when Billie would NEVER do the same for Taylor? Why is Taylor the only one who's supposed to be a "girl's girl" and the same standard is never applied to other pop stars? Why isn't Billie bashed for having many variants but Taylor is? You really don't see the hypocrisy here?

Edited by Enrique523
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Enrique523 said:

Imagine comparing releasing a single remix one week to publicly humiliating someone on national television. Are you actually serious? :biblio:

Once again, stop being so blindly hateful, you are not thinking rationally. I'm not even insulting you here, i'm being serious. Stop bashing Taylor Swift for things ALL pop stars do. The music industry is a BUSINESS, it's not a charity. Being competitive is GOOD, it's what makes charts interesting.

Serious question: Why should Taylor bow down to Billie when Billie would NEVER do the same for Taylor? Why is Taylor the only one who's supposed to be a "girl's girl" and the same standard is never applied to other pop stars? Why isn't Billie bashed for having many variants but Taylor is? You really don't see the hypocrisy here?

Well for one, Billie has never done anything to indicate she would game shipments/sales to block another artist on Billboard. Taylor has done this about four times now(high profile ones anyways). Let us list some facts:

1) Taylor has delayed and/or pushed up the shipment of special edition bonus track CDs, signed CDs, and a specific vinyl drop to this specific tracking week
2)Taylor dropped three digital variants, each with a different "memo" version of songs when they easily could've been combined onto one and saved her fans $12+.
3)When it became obvious that Billie's album is performing much better than expected and has now a potential top 5 BB100 song in Lunch, she dropped a remix version of Flopnight to try and remain relevant on the chart.
4) Taylor managed to save doing ALL of these things for the week another big, queer FEMALE artist drops a highly anticipated project. This shows Taylor's inability to let anyone else shine for even a moment.

Jokes on her because based on Billie's numbers today, this album is far more stable than anything Taylor has released in years. A -0.01% drop in streams on Spotify on your 5th day is almost unheard of. That is organic, global demand.

Edited by dalladallamallamalla
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 11

1 hour ago, DevilsRollTheDice said:

Girl, this is UNHINGED. This is the music industry, not the best friends industry :deadbanana4:

Anyway, that sentiment always only applies to Taylor on here. She's not a girls girl because she does her job and fights for her achievements? Give me a break. Standards other people would NEVER apply to their faves, but I guess not everyone's faves can bag 5 weeks at number one. 

EXACTLY. I'm SO sick and tired of people asking Taylor to be a "girl's girl" when that standard is NEVER applied to other female pop stars, ever. Billie sure as hell wasn't a "girl's girl" when she shaded Taylor many times over the years, especially recently :biblio:

It's so obvious that this anti-Taylor hate train is purely based on hypocritical double standards, that's why it's gonna age horribly. Taylor hasn't done anyhting wrong that other pop stars also haven't done, her only crime is being more successful than everyone else and people can't stand it. That's literally all there is to it, she would NEVER receive so much hate if she wasn't as successful as she is.

• Thanks 4

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.