Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT'

Almodusa

Easter egg for Taylor reuniting with max for ts12? I'd be fine with it for up to 5 tracks … up to 5 for Jack too … and Aaron can co produce . Then 1-2 new producers 

• Replies 50.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

I think even a month in the album is comfortably sitting in that #2 position. I've mentioned evermore has a sentimental comfort to it that I don't see TTPD toppling. But it's got an amazing blend of my #3 and #4 albums (Red and folklore), that keeps it at #2 as a hybrid of the highest nature. Speak Now solidly at #5.

Midnights and rep kinda bounce back and forth between 6 & 7, they're both my favorite pop albums from her.

Fearless & 89 rotate between 8 and 9 (wait) because they both are extremely polished, and basically no filler - all killer for her country & pop discogs, but they can just fall short of the better versions of themselves that came later in her discography.

Lover at 10 only because the vocals (and technically SOME of the writing) are stronger than debut, but debut TV may escape #11 and overtake it once I get those elevated vocals and vault tracks. :gaycat1: 

• Like 8

i'd forgotten she only won country album once. so she has more AOTYs than genre album wins. how unusual

1 hour ago, Magickarp said:

"The smell of smoke would hang around this long"

I hate it here:suburban:i need to stop paying attention to Cardigan's lyrics. I never imagined this as actual cigarette smoke:suburban:

Please don't make me think about this :suburban:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mael said:

How cool would it be if for TS13 She brings back 13 producers that She is worked with and let them produce 1 track each? 

:suburban:

But TS13 will be self written and produced.

She will serve beautiful piano, beautiful guitar acoustic sound

:suburban:

7 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

i'd forgotten she only won country album once. so she has more AOTYs than genre album wins. how unusual

I mean I can't be bothered to check for the men but Adele has 2 genre and 2 AOTY so the odds are pretty high that she's the only artist with more GF album wins (since there are so many GF album categories nnn) than genre album wins :gaycat4:

ALSO I cannot believe I read some Mic-hog Chapman praise in here, have we lost all SENSE of ourselves? 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, 19SLAYty9 said:

Easter egg for Taylor reuniting with max for ts12? I'd be fine with it for up to 5 tracks … up to 5 for Jack too … and Aaron can co produce . Then 1-2 new producers 

exec producer: Max

co producers: Jack and Finneas

wendy-williams-dancing.gif

6 minutes ago, BloodLuster said:

exec producer: Max

co producers: Jack and Finneas

wendy-williams-dancing.gif

TS12:  Gen Z

19 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

Please don't make me think about this :suburban:

Don't want to think about MattNights either? :dies:

4 minutes ago, Tusk said:

Don't want to think about MattNights either? :dies:

Well I've limited as much damage there as possible, and the only Midnights song about Matty that I strihm on the regular is Labyrinth (if one is able to convince themself without any credible evidence, that Maroon is about Jake, as I've managed :gaycat4:) Luckily enough I'm not huge on **** in the Bowl, and everything else about him is at least subtle enough to ignore. 

27 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

I mean I can't be bothered to check for the men but Adele has 2 genre and 2 AOTY so the odds are pretty high that she's the only artist with more GF album wins (since there are so many GF album categories nnn) than genre album wins :gaycat4:

oh looks like paul simon does too, though the grammys website is dumb and double counts four of his grammys to get 16. but even his own website says he has 12.

for albums:

graduate - soundtrack

bridge over troubled water - AOTY, lost pop

still crazy - AOTY + pop

Graceland - AOTY, lost pop

so 3 aotys, two genre album wins

I just remember how pressed people were when dua won pop album but taylor won aoty & said it didn't make sense. But it happened twice with Mr Simon

• Like 1

Oh wow, the piece OP linked is amazing and perfectly articulates my thoughts on why this album works so well. It's stuff that I've been hearing myself the whole time (the playfulness, the cleverness, the on-purpose jarring lines, the flexing, the goofiness) but I felt like I was taking crazy pills because majority of listeners seem to think she's just being....I don't know, sloppy? Cringe?

I always thought she was in on the jokes she makes so it's good to see someone agree.

• Like 5

You know MID's 1st track being color song about Joe, & 2nd track being a color song about Matty makes a lot of sense.

share-tw.jpg

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, wastedpotential said:

Well I've limited as much damage there as possible, and the only Midnights song about Matty that I strihm on the regular is Labyrinth (if one is able to convince themself without any credible evidence, that Maroon is about Jake, as I've managed :gaycat4:) Luckily enough I'm not huge on **** in the Bowl, and everything else about him is at least subtle enough to ignore. 

The one song that he could be an inspiration of that I have a hard time dealing with is... ivy. :dancehall:

If anyone can make that thought go away, by any mean, #SpeakUpNow.

Edited by Klein
  • Like 1

Oh MAXSUS MARTIN we are PERCHED for your return:jonnycat::jonny2:

3 hours ago, fridayteenage said:

she should submit folklore to Best folk album

it would be an easy win over there.

And clearly fearless/1989/folklore sound nothing alike but it would be cool to get the official certificated 3 AOTY/3 different genres

Posted (edited)

at least Look had 8 weeks in the top 10. i suppose fortnight could stabilize but radio doesn't seem too excited at this point...

the inhumanity if it stays tied with ME!

Edited by fridayteenage

am I allowed to cry? :dancehall3:

No because the money I would've spent to see that Max Martin medley live ughhhhh :jonny2:

I always relate the songs to myself first and foremost :ryan3: so I don't have much trouble with the songs being about a rat

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Peroxide said:

We are so getting Max bops for next project.

We are, Family (Taylor's Version) is coming. I wonder who will produce though.

:ryan3:

Giving her her tens for this masterpiece of a video :jonny: 

• Like 6

HOLY as sin :clap3:

• Like 1

I got see How did it end? live yesterday and the amount of tears that came from me :chick3:

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.