Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT'

Almodusa

The new TTPD song performances during acoustic set were all top notch. 

• Replies 50.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

15 minutes ago, Goaty said:

Jack never worked on the Max 1989 songs. Christopher Rowe did. And if Max wasn't a part of 1989 (the bigger and more pivotal record), I doubt he'll be on Rep. Rowe will most likely be the main contributor of the Max Rep songs.

oh ya I know. I was just making a joke about it. :monkey:

How cool would it be if for TS13 She brings back 13 producers that She is worked with and let them produce 1 track each? 

:suburban:

• Haha 1

I Can Fix Him kind of having a moment with me lately

Lady Grinding On The Train Music GIF - Lady grinding on the train Lady  grinding Music - Discover & Share GIFs

• Like 3

Fortnight to leave the Top 10 

2 minutes ago, mael said:

How cool would it be if for TS13 She brings back 13 producers that She is worked with and let them produce 1 track each? 

What we don't need is Chapman trying to duet with her on every song. I'm glad there is just one album left to scrub him off her discography. Him putting  louder mix on his vocals was pettiness. 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, pinkbowvintage said:

oh Sweden is eating

Omg, Max Martin, you will forever and ever be a legend :jonny:

Classic after classic after classic

Edited by Badgalbriel
  • Like 1

Time for Guilty as Sin

Just now, Tusk said:

What we don't need is Chapman trying to duet with her on every song. I'm glad there is just one album left to scrub him off her discography. Him putting  louder mix on his vocals was pettiness. 

Hmm, this is a post-sacRED Swiftie take I fear... his harmonies have always been superior...

• Like 2

Just now, mael said:

Hmm, this is a post-sacRED Swiftie take I fear... his harmonies have always been superior...

I am not a new fan. I saw her in concert before she was even famous. 

He ******* sucks.

• Like 1

GODtonoff and DREADner could never 

• Like 1

At this point Fortnight might tie Me! with only 4 weeks inside the hot 100 top 10 :skull:

• Thumbs Down 2

1 hour ago, Gladiator said:

Could this mean the reason she decided to not release reputation is because they are working together for it and she is redoing it and binning all the Jack attempts at copying his productions? Can my delusion be true?

:gayalipacat5:

it's never too late to manifest (and maybe some witchcraft too)

i-will-speak-it-unto-existence-ive-plant

43 minutes ago, Goaty said:

Also -- her vocals sound great here. :lakitu:

Yeah when I heard that "I Think He Knows / Gorgeous" medley she did yesterday I could not believe my ears. Her vocals were VOCALIZING. Great sounds, beautiful sounds.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I don't appreciate the desire to listen to other music but then you get the craving to listen to one of the songs on Tortured Poets so you go to that song instead and end up listening to the entire thing on repeat.

• Like 4

With Taylor performing MIAB, WANEGBT, 22, and IKYWT in front of Max I bet he was giggling like a giddy schoolgirl :dies: ALL four of his Red tracks were there for him, not to mention his hits from 89 and rep (Shake It Off, Blank Space, Style, Bad Blood, Wildest Dreams, Ready for It, and Don't Blame Me). :gaycat6: 

• Like 2

The crowd ROARING New Romantics, oh you will ALWAYS be famous :jonny2:

Shouldve been a permanent setlist addition if you ask me. OOTW too. The way the Eras Tour could easily extend to FIVE hours just to accommodate more of the essentials in her catalog :dies: 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, PoisonedIvy said:

With Taylor performing MIAB, WANEGBT, 22, and IKYWT in front of Max I bet he was giggling like a giddy schoolgirl :dies: ALL four of his Red tracks were there for him, not to mention his hits from 89 and rep (Shake It Off, Blank Space, Style, Bad Blood, Wildest Dreams, Ready for It, and Don't Blame Me). :gaycat6: 

a hitmaker I fear moo.png

Essentials not currently on the set list that could have & should have been there:

• Our Song 

• Forever & Always OR The Way I Loved You OR Mr Perfectly Fine

• Sparks Fly, Back To December, and honestly, Mean. ( and Long Live without fear of its removal!!)

• State of Grace, Treacherous, Holy Ground, Begin Again, and Nothing New. I said what I said!

• New Romantics, Out of the Woods, Clean

• Getaway Car

• I'd say Cornelia Street but girl.. lmao. Maybe DBATC, even if it was a permanent guitar acoustic rendition.

• I think folklore got the perfect amount of love with its setlist

• Cowboy like me, ivy, & right where you left me. Period point blank

• You're On Your Own, Kid. Just ADD IT ALREADY

• not sure, haven't had time to figure out what would be an essential addition to her live repertoire 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, PoisonedIvy said:

The crowd ROARING New Romantics, oh you will ALWAYS be famous :jonny2:

Shouldve been a permanent setlist addition if you ask me. OOTW too. The way the Eras Tour could easily extend to FIVE hours just to accommodate more of the essentials in her catalog :dies: 

how we'll never hear state of grace, treacherous, holy ground, & sad beautiful tragic in the red set because of her singles will leave me haunted for eternity. i don't think the gp/casual listeners understand they're not even hearing the best songs on that album during the red set :dancehall2:

• Like 1

"The smell of smoke would hang around this long"

I hate it here:suburban:i need to stop paying attention to Cardigan's lyrics. I never imagined this as actual cigarette smoke:suburban:

1 hour ago, mael said:

Oh the GUITARS, the DRUMS :jonny5:an offensive background vocalist would be Hack :mazen: his laugh on ICDIWABH makes me want to punch a wall.

Another slay, the amospheric 3D arena filling sound :jonny5:

• Like 1

:clap3:

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

30 minutes ago, kiche said:

how we'll never hear state of grace, treacherous, holy ground, & sad beautiful tragic in the red set because of her singles will leave me haunted for eternity. i don't think the gp/casual listeners understand they're not even hearing the best songs on that album during the red set :dancehall2:

People looovvveee Max but his songs are the worse on Red. Period.

Edited by Tusk
  • Thanks 1

On 5/2/2024 at 12:47 PM, Great Username said:

I love this piece so much. Refreshing to see someone thoughtfully engaging with the songcraft and writing style. 

This dissection of The Manuscript made me appreciate it so much more :heart:

Finally got around to reading this post in its entirety. Really, really enjoyed it! 

See also the line in thanK you aIMee about how she pushed each boulder up that hill on the way to her grand success: only Taylor would write a song where Sisyphus finally gets to say, "We did it, team!" Taylor the romantic is pretty much dead on this album, where even the few love songs never approach, say, the transcendence of State of Grace or the depth of New Year's Day. But you can still catch glimpses of the girl who read Romeo and Juliet and thought, Good start! But I have some notes.

This made me laugh out loud :laugh:

Listening again to The Manuscript, I found myself thinking about a Taylor song I don't particularly care for: her very first single, Tim McGraw. In that song, Taylor sings wistfully of a romance soon gone, but the real story comes at the end, when the song they used to listen to becomes the song she's written, their love lost but her work long-lasting. In Tim McGraw, the tone is unambiguously triumphant, her art the thing that matters more than any boy ever could, the sorcerer's stone that transfigures her heartbreak into power. In The Manuscript—well. It's more complicated now. Most things are, when you grow up.

Clara Bow, the album's first closer, is a song about show business; The Manuscript, its second, is an intimate story about a private hurt—until it, too, becomes a song about show business. The other thing the two of them have in common is that they're both songs about the fact that you don't know what you're asking for until you get it. Specifically, they're both songs about girls who thought they were getting what they wanted, and now have to live with the aftermath.

Chills! Everyone should take a look at this.

• Like 2

Went for a 3rd round on this album - some tracks have definitely started to click for me. Some I kinda felt neutral about have grown a bit for me. Although it is still a bit too early to tell if the album will rise in my discography ranking.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.