Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT'

Almodusa

33 minutes ago, AbeHicks said:

Fortnight with a beat is so good :1stplace:

The lyrics are so so hypnotic and trance-like. 

• Like 1

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

39 minutes ago, skizzo said:

I see Down Bad is doing well on radio, is it bleeped into oblivion?

The clean version of down bad replaces "F*** it" with "what if". If they play that one, they won't have to bleep it out. 

let's go, get an 8th album with 6 weeks on top

3 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

let's go, get an 8th album with 6 weeks on top

And perhaps a third decade in a row with a 10+ weeker :ryan3:

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

The only song I can say I was "envious" of the production and wished Taylor could sing instead was that CHIHIRO song off of Hit Me Hard & Soft...all the other songs are nothing special production wise imo so idk why everyone is creaming over it and saying Taylor should work with Finneas or seek out producers who can produce like that....

I too want her to explore other sounds and work with other producers for sure but i dont think the sonic palette on HMHS is what I'd like for her to explore tbh. Only one song's production gagged me so yeah...

Very happy Taylor doesn't use Finny as a producer. It's too much. The production is the song, not the lyrics or melody. Beethoven did it better.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

If Tay really wanted to fight, she'd release digital TTPD versions with original songs as exclusive bonuses — yes, it would be hella messy but my wallet would be prepared for battle

• Like 4

Even if Taylor is not gettin the nr1 is so funny to scare the billie eilish stans :gayoncecat3: im havin so much fun on twitter

main-qimg-72231e0a256cecffcb33527e074165360_F_691671050_bdJdKaUU0kLMH3hGnKXz9LW6

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

The spotify boost in Swden has been great. Can't wait to see the effect in Spain, UK and Germany

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, taylor__fan said:

The spotify boost in Swden has been great. Can't wait to see the effect in Spain, UK and Germany

The way I'm gonna see her at The Bernabéu, as a Real Madrid fan it's gonna be legendary :WAP:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mandalore said:

The way I'm gonna see her at The Bernabéu, as a Real Madrid fan it's gonna be legendary :WAP:

Oh congrats for getting tickets! I didn't manage to get them for Madrid, so I will have to travel to Lisbon next week. But My and my friends may go to Bernabeu surroundings when she comes here, its going to be huge there :duca:

• Like 1

Just paid $6 to see Ajay react to the Anthology :skull:

And now I'm discovering that she also did a 3h+ reaction to the Eras tour.... I..... :skull::skull:

• Haha 2

On 5/16/2024 at 6:07 PM, By the Water said:

She's totally shipping all those copies this week, isn't she? :WAP:

I'm dying to see that other girl's team scrambling :ryan3:

did she end up shipping them this week? I need confirmation :eli: 

32 minutes ago, taylor__fan said:

I think she'll prob top for a 4th week in the UK when she's actually there :jonny5: tour boosts are huge over there from what I remember 

2 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

did she end up shipping them this week? I need confirmation :eli: 

I think she'll prob top for a 4th week in the UK when she's actually there :jonny5: tour boosts are huge over there from what I remember 

Yes. Also the fact that she is doing 10 shows in 17 days there is incredible. THe boost will be crazy. ANd she also has the second london leg at the end of August

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, taylor__fan said:

Yes. Also the fact that she is doing 10 shows in 17 days there is incredible. THe boost will be crazy. ANd she also has the second london leg at the end of August

yes as in she shipped them for the 5th week?! it's confirmed? or yes as in you were agreeing with me?! because if she shipped those "But Daddy I Love Him (Acoustic)" Exclusive CDs she might actually have a shot at blocking Billie! let's say the digital albums + the 70k physical CDs are all counted for this week....she has a real shot of doing another 270k ish type of week which puts it neck to neck with HMSH....obviously Billie could rise in prediction and stuff but it will be an actual chart battle! Taylor's 5th week vs Billie debut week :jonny5:THRILLING CHART BATTLES ARE WHAT ATRL WERE MADE FOR :jonny5:

---------------

and yes, the fact she has 10 friggin shows for the UK is INSANE! the impact will be felt for a long time too since it's spread out. Her European dominance will continue all summer long before ending the tour back in North America (Canada). I'm still pissed I couldnt get tickets (and now there are some in the resale market but they are way too pricy for me atm) :'( I know this is deluded but I do wish she adds more north american dates. I'd travel from Canada to the US if she did but I doubt she will and tbh I think she is overworked at this point so yeah I wont hold my breath but yeah :'( 

21 minutes ago, Arrows said:

I just saw the first Stockholm show, which was the most amazing experience:chick3:

The entire city is completely invaded by swiftmania. There's info counters for swifties when you arrive in the airport, big posters at the train station welcoming you to 'Swiftholm'. The National Museum had a Taylor-related section in their store. Everywhere you go, in any street, bus, restaurant, bar, boat ride, bakery, museum, you see lots of people wearing bracelets or Taylor merch. A random McDonalds 40 minutes from the city, on the opposite side of the stadium, was packed with swifties at 1AM after the concert while playing Taylor only. Everyone is talking about it, and even the prime minister went to the show.

Just a crazy experience being in Taylor-land for a weekend!

Scandivania is IT. No surprise there. :clap3:

Such a lucky crowd to get "guilty as sin." 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Folklore89sm said:

See it's the production that kills so much of the standard album for me. BDILY is begging to be a camp country-rock anthem but it's got that Antonoff muted pop sheen which just dulls the song. The same can be said for WAOLOM. It comes alive on tour because of the heavier production, dramatic staging, and theatrics. The lyrics are (let's face it) utterly ridiculous in the context of the half-baked, Midnight'sd synthy pop production but they would 100% work if Antonoff would have been replaced by a producer who would have taken the song down the fully-fledged Paramore-like, emo-rock sound it desperately wants to. She sounds like she's on the fence with this album. I get what she was going for with the theme of TTPD with it being an unedited, unfiltered diary entry but there was no reason to allow it to fall down on the instrumental side of things. All Antonoff's songs sound lifeless, overproduced and formulaic when the lyrical content is begging for a more unrefined, messier, more organic sonic backdrop.

Well thats your opinion.

Those two over 5 mins songs are the two best produce song on the album.

I can feel like running on a farm with BDILH and WAOLOM is camp horror.

And they are subtle.

Your ideas sound cool for the 1st 10 listen, but after that will make those songs age like milk.

Edited by chiliam
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Arrows said:

I just saw the first Stockholm show, which was the most amazing experience:chick3:

The entire city is completely invaded by swiftmania. There's info counters for swifties when you arrive in the airport, big posters at the train station welcoming you to 'Swiftholm'. The National Museum had a Taylor-related section in their store. Everywhere you go, in any street, bus, restaurant, bar, boat ride, bakery, museum, you see lots of people wearing bracelets or Taylor merch. A random McDonalds 40 minutes from the city, on the opposite side of the stadium, was packed with swifties at 1AM after the concert while playing Taylor only. Everyone is talking about it, and even the prime minister went to the show.

This is like my experience in Singapore. 

I was gaslight by THOTS that Swifties are not real people, no one in the real world talk about Taylor.

But when witness with my own eyes how insane it is to be in The Eras Tour city, i can clearly see all this online hate mean nothing, our girl was loved. Those haters just need to step outside more.

(30k people tailgate outside the stadium at the last Singapore show, i would never forget that experience )

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, kiche said:

yall is taylor engaged? :WAP:

I think so

:celestial2::celestial4::foxaylove:

Posted (edited)

since 2010, most 200k weeks whilst #1:
7 1989
6 25
5 Red, 21, Christmas
4 Tortured Poets, Midnights, Speak Now, Gift

Post-25, it's been Taylor's last two regular studio releases.

The list is just mostly Taylor, some Adeles, some holiday releases.

Edited by fridayteenage
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Arrows said:

Sounds like heaven to me :WAP:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NEX said:

Just paid $6 to see Ajay react to the Anthology :skull:

And now I'm discovering that she also did a 3h+ reaction to the Eras tour.... I..... :skull::skull:

I thought she was going to post Anthology on youtube? What happened? :chick3:

11 minutes ago, Venice B said:

I thought she was going to post Anthology on youtube? What happened? :chick3:

I was waiting and waiting. I guess she decided to gatekeep it and it worked (on me) lol :chick3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.