Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT'

Almodusa

I really don't understand why radio is doing that to fortnight when it wasn't even falling rapidly anywhere else :deadbanana2:

ready for I can smash with a broken heart though :clap3:

• Like 1

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

I just make a grand return to her catalogue after 4 weeks of only TTPD and the country songs hit so hard right now.

Timeless and Nothing New and Crazier sound like top 10 discography material.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, chiliam said:

I just make a grand return to her catalogue after 4 weeks of only TTPD and the country songs hit so hard right now.

Timeless and Nothing New and Crazier sound like top 10 discography material.

My dream is to get a Crazier TV :'( But for some reason I think because of Disney we probably won't. Here's hoping it gets a tour performance please. I just need to hear it with her current vocals.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Kyle-x said:

The Tik Toks using the bridge to thanK you aIMee are so cute

It was so cute. 

And the loml sound with the dead pet has 40k videos and every single one of them are sad as hell and im not even a pet person.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Mandalore said:

My dream is to get a Crazier TV :'( But for some reason I think because of Disney we probably won't. Here's hoping it gets a tour performance please. I just need to hear it with her current vocals.

It will be in the debut TV.

Just like Today was a fairytale. And speaking of this fairytale song. I was always rank it as the bottom of her discography, so cheesy.. But when i get older i kinda like it more and more. Like it made me go back to my 2000 teen rom com phrase, its just so nostalgic. Will rank it higher in the next discography rate.

Run should be at the very bottom, its the one song that i dont care what she is singing about, like even her lower standard song at least has an interesting topic/theme. This song is just yapping on boring acoustic beat, should be on an Ed Sheeran album, a stain on Sacred.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, chiliam said:

It will be in the debut TV.

Just like Today was a fairytale. And speaking of this fairytale song. I was always rank it as the bottom of her discography, so cheesy.. But when i get older i kinda like it more and more. Like it made me go back to my 2000 teen rom com phrase, its just so nostalgic. Will rank it higher in the next discography rate.

Run should be at the very bottom, it's the one song that i dont care what she is singing about, like even her lower standard song at least has an interesting topic/theme. This song is just yapping on boring acoustic beat, should be on an Ed Sheeran album, a stain on Sacred.

If she re-records Crazier, it needs to include the key change. The demo version is so much better!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Burqa said:

i still cannot believe she picked the alchemy over of the black dog on the main album :deadbanana: 

talent won

8 hours ago, EndofASadMovie said:

Why do y'all want her to work with finneas. She has already made a finneas song with jack called vigilante ****. I think he unfollowed her right after. I mean, he probably felt insulted that she didn't ask him.

I just looked this song up. Is there an existing thread or discussion about this song? Is she saying she provided the proof that scooter was cheating on his wife? 

Does anyone know what it's really about? 

14 minutes ago, sammyk said:

I just looked this song up. Is there an existing thread or discussion about this song? Is she saying she provided the proof that scooter was cheating on his wife? 

Does anyone know what it's really about? 

She's basically saying she sent her camp to dig up dirt on Scooter and then gave his wife the info / details that they found. Some of which is that he was cheating on her and that he allegedly did drugs among other things. Shortly after, his wife filed for divorce lol. 

I'm sure there are reddit threads about the song specifically! It's not my fav on Midnights but it's fun in the sense that it has a lot of tea. Whether it's fictional or she actually did that it doesnt matter much lol. Either way, everyone (including Scooter) knows it's about him and that's satisfying enough :eli: 

• Like 1

oh snap...ppl are saying Billbred is possibly doing 400k 1st week :/ No way TTPD is doing that on it's 5th week....I think I was aiming for her doing 300k ish :'( ugh

• Confused 1

eh. i'm more concerned about cruel summer possibly being murdered off the chart by that person

• Thanks 1

No matter how much you fake cackle about this - you know it's embarrassing as hell. Unless you're a teenager on stan twitter with no life 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, YR. said:

No matter how much you fake cackle about this - you know it's embarrassing as hell. Unless you're a teenager on stan twitter with no life 

If I had a life, I wouldn't be on stan twitter monitoring other fandoms approval nor would I be embarrassed by something as trivial as this.

YR.

Edited by Mandalore
  • Like 7
  • Haha 2

The Fortnight AI is out. So what's the verdict? Is the AI or the OG better?

Don't laugh, I know this is the worst mash up ever created, but that's the sound I would have loved on But Daddy I Love Him. Cold, angry guitars to match the emotion of the lyrics 

I beg she doesn't send I Can Tolerate It With A Broken AirPod to radio. 

• Like 1

I am not convinced there will be a fully-fledged second single. If there has to be one then honestly So High School wouldn't be a bad shout. It's got that late 90s summer evening vibe to it plus it's about the KillaTrav situation which the GP seems to be obsessing over, plus it's extremely radio-friendly. Also the lyrics are catchy af and memorable. "Touch me while your bros play Grand Theft Auto". AI can't do this.

15 minutes ago, NEX said:

Don't laugh, I know this is the worst mash up ever created, but that's the sound I would have loved on But Daddy I Love Him. Cold, angry guitars to match the emotion of the lyrics 

See it's the production that kills so much of the standard album for me. BDILY is begging to be a camp country-rock anthem but it's got that Antonoff muted pop sheen which just dulls the song. The same can be said for WAOLOM. It comes alive on tour because of the heavier production, dramatic staging, and theatrics. The lyrics are (let's face it) utterly ridiculous in the context of the half-baked, Midnight'sd synthy pop production but they would 100% work if Antonoff would have been replaced by a producer who would have taken the song down the fully-fledged Paramore-like, emo-rock sound it desperately wants to. She sounds like she's on the fence with this album. I get what she was going for with the theme of TTPD with it being an unedited, unfiltered diary entry but there was no reason to allow it to fall down on the instrumental side of things. All Antonoff's songs sound lifeless, overproduced and formulaic when the lyrical content is begging for a more unrefined, messier, more organic sonic backdrop.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Mandalore said:

If I had a life, I wouldn't be on stan twitter monitoring other fandoms approval nor would I be embarrassed by something as trivial as this.

YR.

Baby I'm not into this fandom ****, I'm a grown man. It's an embarrassment but doesn't affect my life - because I have one

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mandalore said:

The ERA's tour is on Disney+, I'm sure they'd work with her to get it done, they'd love to have Taylor on their side. And who knows maybe she'd offer to work with Disney on another song even.

• Like 1

I see Down Bad is doing well on radio, is it bleeped into oblivion?

Posted (edited)

I'd never say this in HDD thread because I don't want to be downvoted to oblivion, but I honestly think Billie's comments were completely ridiculous and so blatantly hypocritical. Just because they're "recycled material" doesn't mean they don't contribute to the very same over-consumption problem she claims to care about.

I also roll my eyes at this "we don't care about the charts" narrative when they are pulling out the usual amount of stops, including dropping more variants than TTPD. 

Love Billie's music and the album is great, but her attitude makes me hope Taylor blocks her. Especially when this fake pro-green + not caring about the charts narrative could be viewed as a thinly veiled drag of Taylor. At least Taylor owns it and isn't hypocritical. Glad to see Tay fighting! 

Edited by DevilsRollTheDice
  • Like 14

The only song I can say I was "envious" of the production and wished Taylor could sing instead was that CHIHIRO song off of Hit Me Hard & Soft...all the other songs are nothing special production wise imo so idk why everyone is creaming over it and saying Taylor should work with Finneas or seek out producers who can produce like that....

I too want her to explore other sounds and work with other producers for sure but i dont think the sonic palette on HMHS is what I'd like for her to explore tbh. Only one song's production gagged me so yeah...

• Like 2

Fortnight with a beat is so good :1stplace:

Can't believe I just lost GAS? :deadbanana4:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.