Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT'

Almodusa

The Prophecy has become my fourth song from the album to hit 100 plays. 

GIYlzUhWMAA1wJk.jpg

• Like 2

• Replies 53.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

Pick your figther :sistrens:

3 minutes ago, Michael196 said:

issue/disorder: Homosexuality :rip:

• Haha 9

6 minutes ago, Michael196 said:

Well looks like I'm an anti-social, color-blind homosexual with abandonment trauma and depression based on my top 5. 

Spoiler

and "this is not not true", as a famous poetess once said. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

had a dream I was talking to Dianna and Karlie at a Taylor concert. they were both bitter, esp Karlie 

21 minutes ago, Klein said:

Well looks like I'm an anti-social, color-blind homosexual with abandonment trauma and depression based on my top 5. 

Hide contents

and "this is not not true", as a famous poetess once said. 

Exactly the same, legend! :WAP:

• Like 3

The mental illness in this page (literally) :deadbanana2:

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, HBK-79 said:

Avril is from the 00s.

OT: A Swiftie just told me that the 'Aristotle' lyric was inspired by the first couple lines of Sk8er Boi.:bibliahh:

Yeah my bad but its in the same genre.. and to in sound.

Im sad there is no promo and live performances. I miss the 1989 era where she was performing everywhere. Oh to be so legendary and the biggest artist in the world that a tweet alone sets everything in motion. 

Just now, kayliah said:

Im sad there is no promo and live performances. I miss the 1989 era where she was performing everywhere. Oh to be so legendary and the biggest artist in the world that a tweet alone sets everything in motion. 

yeah 

if only we could get something like 60 massive concerts starting in just 5 days from now. That would be perfect. 

Posted (edited)

Since 1989 with its 5 hits that lasted at least a month in the top 10, female albums with 3 hits that did so:

Title, Anti, Planet Her, Sour.

It'd be nice if this album would join.

(No album at all has gotten even 4 since then.)

Edited by fridayteenage
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

yeah 

if only we could get something like 60 massive concerts starting in just 5 days from now. That would be perfect. 

Yeah well speak for you bad mobile phone recordings with lots of screaming instead of HD video and amazing audio from live television performances 🤫

I cannot stop obsessing over IHIH and ILIPW. They're both so perfect but especially ILIPW, it's insane that 18 years into her career she is still able to create new scenarios and comparisons based around common feelings but still able to talk about them in such a unique way.

ugh I love her so much

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The album is doing great in its second week. I really love the pop songs and some of the dessner tracks. Fortnight grew on me love the synthwave of the song and the outro. Its not her best lead single but it is different from Anti hero and shows a different mature sound and visual. Its not a me ! Or YNTCD so im happy and i prefer this to cardigan,mine,shake it off and love story.

1 hour ago, fridayteenage said:

had a dream I was talking to Dianna and Karlie at a Taylor concert. they were both bitter, esp Karlie 

Please do not get them started :dancehall:

Posted (edited)

Is she really just going to drop an album and disappear :deadbanana4: Can we at least get a remix poppi-fying every song like what Shania Twain did or another Long Pond Sessions 2.0?

Edit: Maybe she was talking about me in these lyrics :mandown:

Breaking down, I hit the floor
All the pieces of me shattered as the crowd was chanting, "More"

Edited by Buffy

there will be no further explanation, there will just be the tortured poets department :eddie: reputation tv is coming

Hey guys! I'm still soooo obsessed with this album it's insane omg, everyday I find a new song to adore. Right now Chloe and oomfs is hitting DEEP.

On another note, I've been thinking about the complains about lack of promo and interviews, and I agreed with it before, but ever since TTPD got released I realized people are gonna twist ANYTHING she says to try and make her a villain. 
So I'm on board with her keeping it low rn, I rather have peace than have to defend her everytime a interview comes out and people come for her over nothing.  :bird:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Michael196 said:

I'm a homosexual delulu with abandonment trauma :celestial2:

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

What artist has that kinda of massive tour starting 20 days after the release of an album?.

A tour is promo. The real Taylor mania exploded with the eras tour. 

Songs of the albums are gonna be on Tik Tok, Instagram etc.. and this is gonna be big promo.

I can understand the point "i wanted promo on television cause It's HD etc.." but saying She Disapperead and not promo is happening when the tour with the TTPD act is coming in 5 days.... 

In terms of virality a performance taken on a tour is the same of something on Fallon. 

Edited by vale9001

26 minutes ago, Buffy said:

Is she really just going to drop an album and disappear :deadbanana4: 

I think we're not getting anything before the Tour starts again. TTPD set in Paris will blow us :hippo:

1 minute ago, vale9001 said:

What artist has that kinda of massive tour starting 20 days after the release of an album?.

A tour is promo. The real Taylor mania exploded with the eras tour. 

Songs of the albums are gonna be on Tik Tok, Instagram etc.. and this is gonna be big promo.

I can understand the point "i wanted promo on television cause It's HD etc.." but saying She Disapperead and not promo is happening when the tour with the TTPD act is coming in 5 days.... 

In terms of virality a performance taken on a tour is the same of something on Fallon. 

tbh I wish she went on a cozy "department meeting" interwiew and explained some songs on the album, shared her songwriting process. This album is one of her most aesthetically pleasing, so having a nice era with all this stuff would be lovely. 
I hope she won't release any re-recordings this year and extend this era until the end of 2024. TTPD Documentary or LPSS near the Grammy season would be reeeally amazing.

4 minutes ago, Maroon legacy said:

tbh I wish she went on a cozy "department meeting" interwiew and explained some songs on the album, shared her songwriting process. This album is one of her most aesthetically pleasing, so having a nice era with all this stuff would be lovely. 
I hope she won't release any re-recordings this year and extend this era until the end of 2024. TTPD Documentary or LPSS near the Grammy season would be reeeally amazing.

She will do It at the tour. 

Dancers and band already in Paris, it's so close :jonny5:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dear Reader said:

Dancers and band already in Paris, it's so close :jonny5:

I'm currently making my last batch of friendship bracelets while listening to TTPD. I'm so excited that I get to witness the premiere of this album in the room. It feels surreal that it's in less than a week. :jonny5:

Spoiler

I hope Swifties will be ready and it won't be dead silent when she performs the new songs. I'm strong but I can't carry a stadium-sized crowd on my back alone. :deadbanana2:

• Like 5

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.