KNOW

WHO

MY

FIRST

CALL

WILL

BEEEE

TOOOO

Woman recreates Nicole Kidman's iconic 2001 photograph to celebrate her  divorce | The Independent

Edited by Kyle-x
  • Like 9
  • Haha 4

• Replies 53.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

Adding Florida!!! to my How Big… playlist, tuck in between VS&S and Delilah. :smitten:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

with drake and kendrick dropping diss tracks this week, it seems like the fortnight remixes is coming. 

Might want to wait for the store countdown to end.

Edited by Migs30283
  • Like 1

Fresh out the Slammer is the best song on the album. Help.

• Thanks 2

I'M HAVING HIS BABYYYYYYYYYY :jonnycat:

They must have lost a lot of pure sales by not putting variants back on her store. In France, it was IMPOSSIBLE to find a single vinyl variant since the release, why are they so stupid?

Hopefully if she remixes the next single with an artist, it's not as tragic as the Karma one :rip: 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, naval23 said:

I'M HAVING HIS BABYYYYYYYYYY :jonnycat:

When she sings this during a tour and then goes "and I am!" to announce her pregnancy.

1 minute ago, Tusk said:

When she sings this during a tour and then goes "and I am!" to announce her pregnancy.

OH THAT IS GOING TO BE ICONIC :jonnycat:

Me and my wild girl if she has a daughter too 

Style just came on and..... I missed this. Please god we need new producers for the next album

e5Gu3Kv.gif

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Finny said:

Fresh out the Slammer is the best song on the album. Help.

It's really soooo good. The track run from FOTS-Florida-GAS-WAOLOM might be the best eveeeer

I love the double meaning in "Thoughtless heart" :jonny5:her mind really went off.

The 2nd meaning isn't a dictionary definition, but she clearly meant she didn't think twice before coming to his rescue.

So Long London, Fortnight, TTPD title track, Peter are the holy quaternity skips on this album :ryan3:

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 6

Posted (edited)

The way I haven't touched Cassandra, Peter, Robin, The Bolter and The Manuscript 'cause my brain kinda dies out by that point... The Prophecy might as well be the closing track atp...

:suburban:

Edited by mael
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

The only skip on on part 1 is i can do with a 12 years old heart. Just because 12 years old on Tik Tok are using It we don't have to act like isn't worst than any 1989 Vault track :devil:

Edited by vale9001
  • Thumbs Down 1

Little did you know
Your home's really only a town you're just a guest in
So you work your life away
Just to pay for a timeshare down in Destin

insta.thumb.gif.1b56441810a14bfe09afe93c

• Like 4

Wait... The Alchemy :WAP: an unexpected grower. Hit me like bricks.

• Like 1

me4bab.jpg

Who cares about Pitchfork when I turned a non-Swiftie into a fan of the album?

stephm.png

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, vale9001 said:

The only skip on on part 1 is i can do with a 12 years old heart. Just because 12 years old on Tik Tok are using It we don't have to act like isn't worst than any 1989 Vault track :devil:

THIS. The way Tik Tok is going to force her to add I Can Do It With a Terrible Song to her singles discography :gaycat7:

• Thumbs Down 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, DevilsRollTheDice said:

THIS. The way Tik Tok is going to force her to add I Can Do It With a Terrible Song to her singles discography :gaycat7:

midnight rain was performing way better than karma so i don't think she only sees what's strong on internet at this point of her career when she has already enough hits to make two 2 hours concerts. 

I think this kind of songs are in every album cause she is the master of making an album and knows there is an audience, especially is specific part of the world, prefers this kind of pop. And infact imo the reason this song is performing so good is it's the only song some people can like- stream of this album :chick1:, on midnights would haven't been so big. 

I feel she wants to give a different image of the album so next singles will be other things...down bad, florida, loml, guilty as sin are possibile choices. Than one is smashing by itself, good for her but she doesn't need to make it a single if the album will have good legs. 

Edited by vale9001

• ATRL Moderator

So I’ve been listening to this more or less non-stop since release. My only breaks being other Taylor songs, listening to Dua’s album yesterday, and a few recent singles from my favorite bands. But I just keep coming back to this… religiously :ghostface:

Two little random things: On album/discography highlight Guilty as Sin? I love that each chorus has a slightly different vocal take. First chorus, she sings the entire opening line in one breath. Second chorus, she sneaks a quick breath after “in”. Then obviously the “UPPER” in the final chorus. I know this is such a small thing but so many songs use the exact same main vocal stem that it’s a sweet subtle touch when someone doesn’t. 

Two, the Charlie Puth line has never bothered me because I think the context more than makes up for it. However, what does bother me about the title track (a track that I absolutely adore by the way) is the first part of the bridge. The whole “but you told Lucy…” I don’t really see anyone hating on that part but, to me, it’s far more egregious. But her vocals and the vibe of the song make it impossible not to love… :jamming:

• Like 9

TTPD is such a different album. I liked it initially but it really grew on me. I've only listened to the 2nd half twice, once on release night and once more the subsequent weekend because I wanted to focus on the core album and learn that first before getting deep into the second album.

Favorite tracks:

TTPD - such a good song. loved the charlie puth line, and I fully agreed. something very sweet, real, and jarring about this song.

Fortnight - not what I expected whatsoever but the 2nd half of the song is literal crack. I keep randomly whispering "I want to kill her" and then giggle.

Down Bad - great pop song. love profusely crass Taylor.

But Daddy I Love Him - SO good. this is the right mix of Aaron combined with Fearless nostalgia 

Guilty as Sin - great pop jam. definitely a highlight

I Can Do It with a Broken Heart - literally had me in shock with an open mouth first time I heard this. I was not prepared for it. Wild song.

Okayish:

Clara Bow - I like this one but it's missing something to keep it in my favorite list

loml - cute but can't listen to it often

so long london - love how first verse sounds like lana. interesting song but not one I want to listen to often. Love when she says "left me alone at the HEATH".

Skips:

My Boy Only Breaks His Favorite Toy - too much of a "reputation" sound for me. do not like at all

Florida - Sorry, it's boring

Who's Afraid of Little Old Me - also too much of a "reputation" sound for me. overrated song.

The Smallest Man Who Ever Lived - huge skip. worst song on album imo.

The Alchemy - Just haven't connected with it. Also think Travis is ugly so if this is about him it''s just a turn off for me in general

I can fix him No Really I can - Just kinda there. It's okay but I'd rather skip it

• Like 1

On 5/1/2024 at 3:52 PM, kayliah said:

I would love a 90's album from Taylor swift.  In the vibe of Michelle Branch, Avril Lavigne, Train and Sixpence none the richer.

Avril is from the 00s.

OT: A Swiftie just told me that the 'Aristotle' lyric was inspired by the first couple lines of Sk8er Boi.:bibliahh:

My Boy Only Breaks His Favourite Records is hitting me rn! :jonny: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.