Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT'

Almodusa

11 minutes ago, Ms. Togekiss said:

I'm SO excited to see these number stans LEAVE. We don't need your fake asses here, good riddance! 

The one good thing about the TVs is we can finally have good mashups with her vocals being consistent across all albums and sung in similar keys. Sometimes the mashups in the past sounded weird with her young vocals vs mature vocals.

• Replies 53.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

Posted (edited)

I Hate It Here is about her stolen masters.

Welcome to my ATedRL talk.

"A poet trapped inside a body of a finance guy"

Spoiler

Her masters have been eaten by money hungry investment firms. The rest of the verse poetically talks about her childhood dreams of making it in the industry.

"Getting married off for the highest bid."

Spoiler

Dog eat dog world of the music industry. A game she and her fellow musicians had to play which isn't that fun then nor now. 

"In my fantasies I rise above it".

Spoiler

Success of the re-recordings but she still lost her life's work.

Edited by Taylor fanboy
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)

Even if it's smashing, I know damn well that some are not campaigning for that ridiculous track 13 to be a single.

Between cardigan, AH & CS alone, she just redeemed herself with an incredible string of quality hits after being mainly known for SIO & YBWM among others for the longest time, and now want her to get back to these tragic woods, as if karma wasn't enough…

Edited by Michael196
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Ms. Togekiss said:

I'm SO excited to see these number stans LEAVE. We don't need your fake asses here, good riddance! 

:doc: these ppl were definitely not around between 2014-2017.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tusk said:

Is this my new #1 Taylor album?

Reveal hidden contents

Yes.  Sorry evermore. You had a great run.

I was gonna say that it was a short run but 2020 was four years ago. :deadbanana4:

Good luck booking that single you're speculating about! Girlie dropped an album bomb and made it pretty clear that was gonna be it before she tours till August non-stop. :dies:

2 minutes ago, Michael196 said:

Even if it's smashing, I know damn well that some are not campaigning for that ridiculous track 12 to be a single.

Between cardigan, AH & CS alone, she just redeemed herself with an incredible string of quality hits after being mainly known for SIO & YBWM among others for the longest time, and now want her to get back to these tragic woods, as if karma wasn't enough…

loml ridiculous? :rogue:

4 minutes ago, Taylor fanboy said:

I Hate It Here is about her stolen masters.

Welcome to my ATedRL talk.

"A poet trapped inside a body of a finance guy"

Hide contents

Her masters have been eaten by money hungry investment firms. The rest of the verse poetically talks about her childhood dreams of making it in the industry.

"Getting married off for the highest bid."

Hide contents

Dog eat dog world of the music industry. A game she and her fellow musicians had to play which isn't that fun then nor now. 

"In my fantasies I rise above it".

Hide contents

Success of the re-recordings but she still lost her life's work.

We got another ricochet and didn't even notice :smitten:

• Like 1

Anyone expecting another single is delusional at best :deadbanana4: she will never serve another full era like Midnights. I mean, not even 1989 TV got a single music video :dies:

• Like 2

Fortnight is a massive hit, I don't know what y'all are on about:rip: Not every hit has to be #1 for months

• Like 9

Posted (edited)

When the strings kick in halfway through Clara Bow:alexz::chick3:

Edited by Arrows
  • Like 4

The way both The Alchemy and ICDIWABH sound like they were recorded in a stadium, and they're also both inspired by being in a stadium for completely different reasons:jonny2:

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ms. Togekiss said:

Anyone expecting another single is delusional at best :deadbanana4: she will never serve another full era like Midnights. I mean, not even 1989 TV got a single music video :dies:

I think in the future it's still a possibility - but right now, for this era, I think the mitigating factor is the tour, basically. She's back on in two days and was already rehearsing as this album released. Plus I honestly think she's currently tired of the whole blockbuster era thing and will only do it again if she feels like she both wants and needs another run as the top pop star on earth, and she doesn't need that yet since she's still leagues above every other artist and will almost certainly remain as such through the end of the tour.

But honestly, we got two albums, which is good enough for me anyway :cm:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

Pretending this album isn't stomping commercially is just so… :deadbanana4:

the word you're looking for is delusional :heart:

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Taylor fanboy said:

loml ridiculous? :rogue:

Lol I meant 13

loml may be coming to invade my top 20 :smitten:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Michael196 said:

Lol I meant 13

loml may be coming to invade my top 20 :smitten:

I know you're good. :smitten:

• Like 1

44. Down Bad: 413 (+67) | 0.881 (+0.177) 

:jonnycat:

Chloe or Sam or Sophia or Marcus has become my third Tortured Poets track to hit 100 plays. 

dua-lipa-beyonc%C3%A9.gif

She literally took over more than half of the top 60 on the Hot 100, took over the top 14 effortlessly and Fortnight will be a multi-week #1. Stop being GREEDY!

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Achilles. said:

Chloe or Sam or Sophia or Marcus has become my third Tortured Poets track to hit 100 plays. 

dua-lipa-beyonc%C3%A9.gif

Let me send the payola checks to get The Bolter to clear next

dua-lipa-beyoncé.gif

Most simultaneous top 10 hits for a female artist:

10 Taylor 

10 Taylor

8 Taylor

4 Taylor

Wonder who the next with 4 will be. I'm guessing SZA later this year.

I haven't paid attention to numbers in days. What exactly caused these weird meltdowns? :deadbanana4:

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, justin. said:

I haven't paid attention to numbers in days. What exactly caused these weird meltdowns? :deadbanana4:

Something about Fortnight falling on the global Apple Music chart because of new releases or something IDK, it was hard to follow :skull:

ok after digesting the album for a hot minite, I've come to the conclussion that it only has 2 skips from me

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.