Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT'

Almodusa

Why does it feel like she tried to have her Somebody Else moment with Fortnight? :mandown:

• Like 1

• Replies 53.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

She won't be dropping any remixes for fortnight cus the situation is pointless and hopeless already. The max she could scrape by is one extra week so what's the point? Meanwhile There are 3 songs with more streams atp and they're only getting started, so is she gonna be dropping new remixes week after week until it hits the weeks she wants on the top? that's just impossible. 

I guess seeing her tour opener outdo her with single wise would be the last straw that gets her to do make 2:30min songs for a single instead; not slow, mid tempo, nearly 5 minutes songs. And dump jack & replace him with some competent producer with hit making talents instead. 

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 7

6 minutes ago, Kitboga said:

She won't be dropping any remixes for fortnight cus the situation is pointless and hopeless already. The max she could scrape by is one extra week so what's the point? Meanwhile There are 3 songs with more streams atp and they're only getting started, so is she gonna be dropping new remixes week after week until it hits the weeks she wants on the top? that's just impossible. 

I guess seeing her tour opener outdo her with single wise would be the last straw that gets her to do make 2:30min songs for a single instead; not slow, mid tempo, nearly 5 minutes songs. And dump jack & replace him with some competent producer with hit making talents instead. 

you guys sound so crazy.

Songs dont need to be 10 weeks at #1 to be count as hit. Some hits dont even hit #1. Fortnight is doing a good job and will get at least 3 weeks at #1,  maybe not a smash, but it`s a certified hit. 

chiliam

• Like 6

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Kitboga said:

If euphoria is number one on us Spotify today let's say 5 million or more streams, then taylor has to start dropping fortnight remixes asap. Taylor did that with anti-hero before.

Edited by Migs30283

1 hour ago, mael said:

Half joking... She's released a decade's worth of material in just 4 years and will be on tour for 2+... She has at least earned a 5+ year break..... at the same time I can't take the constant negative surrounding Her so my spiteful side wishes She would retire after the tour and never release music again just to shut everyone up.

vbslJCr.gif

Where is the criteria about how much material can be released in a certain amount of time? Is it set in stone or something?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, idkwiam said:

Global AM:

#3.(-1) Fortnight

Ouch. It looks like the song isn't clicking GP wise

Not you disliking my post for no reason :rip:Aren't you tired of ruining every album release? 
And yea top 3 and top 5 on AM is "not clicking" :juanny:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tusk said:

Where is the criteria about how much material can be released in a certain amount of time? Is it set in stone or something?

It's not set in stone but if you look at other acts who released frequently before, how did it work out for them? Adriana basically flopped because of how fast she dropped Positions, for example.  Normal acts wouldn't get any attention to their work if released frequently, she's only getting bigger and bigger, which is the spectacle here. 

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Tusk said:

I don't get that at all either, like don't listen to it if you don't want to :rip:

36 minutes ago, chiliam said:

you guys sound so crazy.

Songs dont need to be 10 weeks at #1 to be count as hit. Some hits dont even hit #1. Fortnight is doing a good job and will get at least 3 weeks at #1,  maybe not a smash, but it`s a certified hit. 

chiliam

Where did I say it isn't a hit?  It obviously is, but obviously Taylor has more hopes than it being a 3 or 4 #1 only. So given she probably wants a 10 weeker, then every I said applies, she can't be doing these slow mid tempo songs in jack antonoff's basement anymore if she wanted something mega. 

• Thumbs Down 3

1 minute ago, Kitboga said:

Where did I say it isn't a hit?  It obviously is, but obviously Taylor has more hopes than it being a 3 or 4 #1 only. So given she probably wants a 10 weeker, then every I said applies, she can't be doing these slow mid tempo songs in jack antonoff's basement anymore if she wanted something mega. 

"Taylor has more hopes" :bibliahh:yea that's why she released and ditched 

35 minutes ago, Migs30283 said:

If euphoria is number one on us Spotify today let's say 5 million or more streams, then taylor has to start dropping fortnight remixes asap. Taylor did that with anti-hero before.

Yea stop that remix for what? That extra 1 week to go 3 to 4 week #1 and then be drowned by espresso/bar song and whatever else? What even is the point? 4 weeks is still measly given her size, and is still a long road from beating her personal best. 

there is no point going from 3 to 4. 

9 minutes ago, Kitboga said:

I Adriana basically flopped because of how fast she dropped Positions, for example. 

I just smoked and ate seven bars of chocolate and still didn't determine that Positions should have been a bigger album.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Kitboga said:

Tiffany Pollard GIF - Tiffany Pollard Laughing - Discover & Share GIFs

Imagine being parasocial AND chart-obsessed. Pick a struggle please.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

30 minutes ago, Tusk said:

? The point is I can understand if She wants to take a long break because She has released several albums worth of music within the span of a few years and She deserves the rest. If She however, decides to keep releasing then I will be there with open arms. IDC about chart success atp...

How am I suddenly the bad guy......?

tiffany-pollard.gif

• Like 1

In a very disgusting way, IT saved her career, after Toe tanked it with Lover

King rat inspired the 2 most universally liked Folklore sings, while the Toe's song of the CAB trilogy, Betty, is one of the most (unfairly) disliked.

Truly her worst muse :clap3:

11newseason-1975-1-videoSixteenByNineJum

I really couldn't care less about what others think. She can give me 5 double albums in a row and I'll be eating them up like they're the most delicious piece of chocolate I've ever tasted. If you feel fatigue, just take a break and come back later, it's fine. :heart:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

Posted (edited)

Now I'm down bad crying at the gym
Everything comes out teenage petulance
"**** if I can't have him"
"I might just die, it would make no difference."
Down bad, waking up in blood
Staring at the sky, come back and pick me up
**** if I can't have us.
I might just not get up
I might stay down bad

dua-lipa-beyonc%C3%A9.gif

Edited by cruelhprince
  • Like 1

They need to switch the focus to ICDIWABH real quick, like as soon as next week.

Fortnight is dropping consistently, and I really think it will pull a "Lover" song instead - underappreciated on its initial run but the song is just truly good that the public will continue eating it in the long run

yeah ICDIWABH is the smash of the album sadly

Posted (edited)

Fortnight will be a hit anyways but it doesnt have the universal appeal of YBWM/SIO for example which had simple and catchy lyrics that most people can easily relate to
A lof of people (especially outside the anglosphere) probably dont even know what Fortnight means and immediately think of the video game :toofunny3:

Edited by TaylenaStan

Yeah, we need to drop Fortnight ASAP. It's time for ICDIWABH(hate typing this SHITE) then GAS?

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, TaylenaStan said:

Fortnight will be a hit anyways but it doesnt have the universal appeal of YBWM/SIO for example which had simple and catchy lyrics that most people can easily relate to
A lof of people (especially outside the anglosphere) probably dont even know what Fortnight means and immediately think of the video game :toofunny3:

And the Fortnight lyrics of "killing" ain't helping either :toofunny2:

• Haha 1

Ignoring all the chart talks to talk about something serious. 

We need an orchestral live concert for TTPD (+ a few songs from other albums), with new arrangements and instruments and all the bombast of a full orchestra

Setlist could be something like

1. Fortnight

2. I Hate it Here 

3. So Long, London

4. Love Story

5. Anti Hero

6. loml

7. The Prophecy

8. All Too Well

9. Robin

10. You're on your own kid

11. Haunted 

12. The Bolter

13. The Albatross

14. Long Live or Enchanted

15. Illicit Affairs

16. August

17. The Smallest Man Who Ever Lived 

18. The Black Dog

19. Marjorie

20. The Manuscript

And she could potentially add some poppier songs with different arrangements like Lavender Haze, Clean, idk... I just badly wanna hear this songs with a full strings orchestra :')

1 hour ago, Starchild said:

Not you disliking my post for no reason :rip:Aren't you tired of ruining every album release? 
And yea top 3 and top 5 on AM is "not clicking" :juanny:

You literally MASS disliked my posts 4 days ago and now you are complaining about me disliking one post of yours. Laughable truly:bibliahh:

OT:

Global Spotify:

#4.(-1) Fortnight

Another day of it going down. A song debuting with 25m and going less than 8m in 10 days truly tells that the GP didn't click. It looks like it'll go in the Midnights way aka spammed by swifties and won't be a CLASSIC like her previous albums in the long run.

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

She's really getting overshadowed by multiple acts on streaming platforms in 1 and half week into her release week :deadbanana2: 

Thats something really surprising to me. :rip:

• Thumbs Down 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.