Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT'

Almodusa

29 minutes ago, =NEX= said:

Let's play a game. Which 13 Midnights tracks would have been the best fit for the thematic tone of "13 sleepless nights" that she set when she announced the album? You can ignore the vinyl length limits for this purpose. 

1. Lavender Haze

2. Maroon

3. Anti- Hero

4. Snow On The Beach

5. You’re On Your Own Kid

6. Midnight Rain

7. Question…?
8. Bejeweled

9. Labryinth 

10. Bigger Than The Whole Sky

11. Would’ve Could’ve Should’ve

12. Dear Reader

13. You’re Losing Me

• Like 2

• Replies 50.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

36 minutes ago, =NEX= said:

Let's play a game. Which 13 Midnights tracks would have been the best fit for the thematic tone of "13 sleepless nights" that she set when she announced the album? You can ignore the vinyl length limits for this purpose. 

1. Lavender Haze

2. Midnight Rain

3. Maroon

4. Glitch

5. You’re on Your Own, Kid

6. Snow on the Beach (ft. Lana Del Rey)

7. The Great War

8. High Infidelity

9. Bigger than the whole sky

10. Vigilante ****

12. Karma

13. Dear Reader

1 minute ago, 19SLAYty9 said:

1. Lavender Haze

2. Maroon

3. Anti- Hero

4. Snow On The Beach

5. You’re On Your Own Kid

6. Midnight Rain

7. Question…?
8. Bejeweled

9. Labryinth 

10. Bigger Than The Whole Sky

11. Would’ve Could’ve Should’ve

12. Dear Reader

13. You’re Losing Me

Also this probably could be re purposed into a different order / chronological order

1. YOYOK

2. MR

3. WCS
4. AH

5.  Maroon

6. Q…?

7. SOTB

8. LH

9.  Bejeweled

10. YLM

11. BTTWS

12. Labyrinth 

13. DR

46 minutes ago, =NEX= said:

1. Lavender Haze

2. Maroon

3. High Infidelity

4. Anti-Hero

5. You're On Your Own, Kid

6. Mastermind

7. Vigilante ****

8. Bejeweled

9. Would've Could've Should've

10. The Great War

11. You're Losing Me

12. Midnight Rain

13. Dear Reader

When this autumn everybody will clown for rep tv again and she goes like 

I’m elated to tell you that my 12th studio album, and tortured poet's sister record, will be out december 13. 

then what :ryan3:

3 minutes ago, Maroon legacy said:

I’m elated to tell you that my 12th studio album, and tortured poet's sister record, will be out december 13. 

Then we CHEER :WAP:

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, =NEX= said:

1. Dear Reader

2. Maroon

3. Anti- Hero

4. Midnight Rain

5. Snow on the Beach (feat. Lana Del Rey)

6. You’re Losing Me

7. Paris

8. Bigger Than The Whole Sky

9. Would’ve Could’ve Should’ve 

10. You’re On Your Own, Kid

11. The Great War

12. Sweet Nothing

13. Mastermind

10 minutes ago, Maroon legacy said:

we cheer and then continue to clown about rep tv

Midnights: The Sleepless Nights 

1. Maroon
2. Anti-Hero
3. Snow on the Beach

4. Midnight Rain

5. You're on Your Own, Kid
6. Labyrinth

7. Mastermind

8. The Great War
9. High Infidelity

10. Bigger Than The Whole Sky
11. Would’ve, Could’ve, Should’ve

12. You're Losing Me
13. Dear Reader

barely sleepless nights, she really fumbled an amazing concept and I won't forgive her for it

:clack:

• Like 2

1. Maroon

2. Snow On The Beach

3. Midnight Rain

4. Anti Hero

5. You're On Your Own Kid

6. Labyrinth

7. Mastermind

8. The Great War

9. Bigger Than The Whole Sky

10. Glitch

11. Would've Could've Should've

12. You're Losing Me

13. Dear Reader 

New game: what’s your controversial Swiftie opinion that would get you cancelled by swifties?? I’ll start: I want Taylor to experiment with hyperpop one day 

• Like 1

1. Midnight Rain

2. Bejeweled

3. Lavender Haze

4. Snow on the beach

5. Bigger than the whole sky

6. Labyrinth 

7. Glitch

8. Anti-Hero

9. Hits Different

10. You’re Losing Me

11. Maroon

12. You’re on your own, kid
13. Dear Reader

Basically chronicles a cycle of loss. The album picks up with the narrator reminiscing (track 5 is also meant to represent the previous love story)… and we follow them as they move on and find someone new. Things eventually crash and burn as expected. Dear Reader acts as a fitting epilogue.

Edited by folkloreking
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, 19SLAYty9 said:

New game: what’s your controversial Swiftie opinion that would get you cancelled by swifties?? I’ll start: I want Taylor to experiment with hyperpop one day 

I don't really care for Clean (outside of that piano performance in the rain at the Rep tour after she talked about her sexual assault case). 

Spoiler

Now let me hide cause I'm going to be hated on soooooooooo much for this. 

28 minutes ago, 19SLAYty9 said:

Vocoder-heavy tracks like Dear Reader prove just how excellent she’d be on a hyperpop album with the high octane energy of 1989’s bangers. I’ve been a supporter of this idea for a long time now :giraffe: Something like Charli XCX’s Pop 2 or songs like Carly Rae Jepsen — After Last Night would be such a natural and exciting evolution if she were to pursue modern pop again.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, 19SLAYty9 said:

People criminalizing og versions too much. They're still her work and she still getting money from streams. 
I never stream og anyway, 'cause I'm too lazy to go for another album just so I could play normal version of Style, Red, Holy Ground, etc. But the overall "you're not a swiftie if you listen to STOLEN VERSIONS THAT WERE STOLEN FROM HER BY BIG BAD GREEDY MEN and you don't respect her art" narrative is bullshit. :pig:

Edited by Maroon legacy
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, folkloreking said:

Vocoder-heavy tracks like Dear Reader prove just how excellent she’d be on a hyperpop album with the high octane energy of 1989’s bangers. I’ve been a supporter of this idea for a long time now :giraffe: Something like Charli XCX’s Pop 2 or songs like Carly Rae Jepsen — After Last Night would be such a natural and exciting evolution if she were to pursue modern pop again.

Your mind. I don’t really need until the end of the decade but I’d like to see her do it one day

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, 19SLAYty9 said:

Your mind. I don’t really need until the end of the decade but I’d like to see her do it one day

I'd rather her do it sooner than later so that she's either on trend or somewhat ahead of the curve than us all be like "well that was cool 5 years ago." That's why Britney's Blackout has stood the test of time... because it was so ahead of the curve that it became the blueprint for the pop girls.

I've had that supposedly AI version of fortnight in my head all week. :deadbanana: 

17 minutes ago, Jesse said:

I'd rather her do it sooner than later so that she's either on trend or somewhat ahead of the curve than us all be like "well that was cool 5 years ago." That's why Britney's Blackout has stood the test of time... because it was so ahead of the curve that it became the blueprint for the pop girls.

Maybe the rep vault I suppose

1 hour ago, 19SLAYty9 said:

Dress is horrid 

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

I have several:

• I never really got the love behind the song “Fifteen”. Like it’s mediocre at best, though the Taylor’s Version is better and makes it a good song.

• “Enchanted” is very overrated. Don't get me wrong, it’s still a pretty good song but “Sparks Fly”, “Back to December”, “Better Than Revenge”, “Haunted”, “Last Kiss”, and “Long Live” are all better and they’re on the same album.

• “The Last Time” is the superior ballad on Red and “Sad Beautiful Tragic” is just average.

• “Bad Blood” and “You Need to Calm Down” are both pretty decent pop songs and the live version of “Bad Blood” goes off!

• “Look What You Made Me Do” is a career highlight lead single.

• The bridge of “Dress” is in Taylor’s top five.

• The second half of the second verse of “Daylight” is a bit unnecessary and feels out of place.

• “Message In A Bottle” is one of her worst pop songs and it’s clear why it was left off of the original Red, though the vocals do slap at the end of the bridge onwards.

• Aside from the bridge/outro, “Suburban Legends” is a very half-baked song.

• Like 1

1. Maroon
2. Anti-Hero
3. Snow On The Beach featuring Lana Del Rey (the more Lana version

4. Midnight Rain

5. You're on Your Own, Kid
6. Labyrinth

7. Mastermind

8. Bejeweled
9. Lavender Haze

10. The Great War
11. Would’ve, Could’ve, Should’ve

12. You're Losing Me
13. Dear Reader

3 minutes ago, skwonderfactory said:

Enchanted” is very overrated. Don't get me wrong, it’s still a pretty good song but “Sparks Fly”, “Back to December”, “Better Than Revenge”, “Haunted”, “Last Kiss”, and “Long Live” are all better and they’re on the same album.

THIS. I will never understand why Enchanted is so many people’s fav on Speak Now. I’m starting to believe it’s all the people who haven’t actually listened to her country albums in full. I’d put it bottom 5 on SN.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, FameFatale said:

I've had that supposedly AI version of fortnight in my head all week. :deadbanana: 

My theory that I'm hanging onto (I know it's not true but I have to believe) is that they're real and Taylor is behind the leaks because she knows they'd spread like wildfire and it's free promo. She can then act upset about the leaks and somehow lead that into Rep (TV) 

Me!: the song was a very wrong choice at that moment of her career, after Reputation and after even critics were going harder on her, because She was near to 30 etc..

Now It was just a moment and seeing what She made after that and we can see an entire career and djscography as whole the song is not that tragic like people act. I mean yeah It's a mediocre Song but nothing deserved this "cult discussion" about It like It's nicky Minaj stupid hoe or Kanye west i love It or songs like that.  Actually jf nothing It's a very harmless mediocre Song. 

Edited by vale9001

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.