Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT'

Almodusa

5 minutes ago, EndofASadMovie said:

People hate the title track but I really like it. That Charli Puth line stinks so bad tho. I'm on my multiple listens already and it still gives me a jumpscare like it was the first time. 

The criticism I've seen is that it sounds like a theme song to an 80s show, but I love that about it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 50.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

5 minutes ago, EndofASadMovie said:

People hate the title track but I really like it. That Charli Puth line stinks so bad tho. I'm on my multiple listens already and it still gives me a jumpscare like it was the first time. 

i think the tattooed golden retriever line is worse 💀 it's funny how one of the best lines in the whole album is the ring line in the bridge and the worst lines in the album is in the second verse of the same song 

6 minutes ago, GAGAISTHEBESTYA said:

i'm sorry for sharing data

taylor2.thumb.gif.61c7c7fcfb989714dda1c2

u know i lurv u sis. I kinda LIVE for the fact that u give us glimpses to what we can expect tbh :heart2: 

plus maybe at the end u will be right and we wil lget a much higher debut than HDD is saying :eli: I have hope

Just now, IBeMe said:

u know i lurv u sis. I kinda LIVE for the fact that u give us glimpses to what we can expect tbh :heart2: 

plus maybe at the end u will be right and we wil lget a much higher debut than HDD is saying :eli: I have hope

+3m SPS all faith in ME! 

taylor2.thumb.gif.61c7c7fcfb989714dda1c2

• Haha 1

guilty as sin? hits super hard today it might just be my 2nd favorite song in the album behind the albatross 

• Like 2

My...

TS11A top 3...

- My Boy Only Breaks His Favorite Toys

- Down Bad

- Guilty As Sin?

TS11B top 4...

- Chloe or Sam or Sophia or Marcus

- The Prophecy*

- How Did It End?*

- Peter

*can't decide between these two

:gayalipacat5:

Edited by Gladiator

6 minutes ago, kiche said:

i think the tattooed golden retriever line is worse 💀 it's funny how one of the best lines in the whole album is the ring line in the bridge and the worst lines in the album is in the second verse of the same song 

That's my fav part too. I love how she sounds so delicate and beautiful in that part. the one thing I like most about Taylor is how she expresses her lyrics with her voice hat others can't. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

The criticism I've seen is that it sounds like a theme song to an 80s show, but I love that about it!

Wow I haven't read that anywhere but that was my thought exactly!

I thought it was intentional. The album is so cinematic to me and in my head this is the theme song / introduction to the "characters".

Also: "But I've seen this episode and still loved the show"

• Like 1

MY TOP THREE:

Standard

1. Guilty as Sin?

2. loml

3. Fresh Out The Slammer / I Can Do It With a Broken Heart

Anthology

1. Peter

2. So High School

3.  I Hate It Here

my favorites change 3 times a day. this woman is insane

• Like 2

Is Chloe or Sam or Sophia or Marcus about a bisexual drug addict can someone explain to me 

• Haha 1

Anyone else view fortnight as like the "prologue" to the story told in side A? And then the story starting with the title track. This is actually the best sequenced album I think she's had in a long time

Edited by Redstreak
  • Like 4

so we're in agreement that Guilty As Sin > the rest?

see what happens with an actual melody and no cringe lyrics :clap3:

• Like 1

I really really wish we got a The Prophecy variant :jonny: I just know the cover would've ate. Then she should've made The Manuscript its own distinct version and then had the standard edition named The Alchemy. :-* Take it there with the 6 covers queen.

9 minutes ago, CandleGuy said:

I thought it was intentional. The album is so cinematic to me and in my head this is the theme song / introduction to the "characters".

Also: "But I've seen this episode and still loved the show"

And the years passed like scenes of a show

The Manuscript.. the masterpiece that you are :heart2:

Masturbate to You? becoming a cult classic, maybe it's the sound, maybe it's the melodies, maybe it's the universal theme of self love while lusting over someone… everyone has been there at some point… especially the man/maiden less.:heart2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, mael said:

Masturbate to You? becoming a cult classic, maybe it's the sound, maybe it's the melodies, maybe it's the universal theme of self love while lusting over someone… everyone has been there at some point… especially the man/maiden less.:heart2:

you really altered a title of a song in TTPD to an extent where it's not even recognizable anymore

ezgif-3-9e3185f972.thumb.gif.86028808da0

• Haha 1

The production on I Look In People's Windows is so gorgeous 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GAGAISTHEBESTYA said:

you really altered a title of a song in TTPD to an extent where it's not even recognizable anymore

ezgif-3-9e3185f972.thumb.gif.86028808da0

People feel guilty after they masturbate so…. The title was just euphemism… I am just being REAL

4NmF7k0.jpg

Top 4: 

fortnight

TTPD

MBOBHFT

GUILTY AS SIN 

TOp4: anth

1) black dog

2)how did it end? 
3)FUUUUKIM

4)Chloe or Sam 

Just now, mael said:

People feel guilty after they masturbate so…. The title was just euphemism… I am just being REAL

4NmF7k0.jpg

not Billie in recent interviews with Rolling Stones 

4NmF7k0.jpg

• Haha 4

I noticed the drum percussions towards the climax chorus of Guilty As Sin really do feel like i'm reaching an orgasm  OH the imagery Taylor has created, this is now my #1 song 

4NmF7k0.jpg

• Like 2

12 likes on my post comparing The Prophecy to Sufjan Stevens. 

Rise up little Suffies rise up. 

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952u9s2gn8tlm42p1cp6hl

22 minutes ago, Redstreak said:

Anyone else view fortnight as like the "prologue" to the story told in side A? And then the story starting with the title track. This is actually the best sequenced album I think she's had in a long time

Yes! I thought the same, it also seems to start from midnights ending with hits different being about joe with the "have they come to take me away"  then fortnight starts with "I was suppose to be sent away". Im slow so I barely figured out the beginning of the song is about the breakup with joe and the lead up to her and matty getting together :rip:

(all this and it's just the first song:gaycat6: 

I also barely figured out bejeweled/hits different was about joe :gaycat7:

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.