Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT'

Almodusa

1 minute ago, Redstreak said:

Idk even want to think about how crazy the next discography song rate is gonna be

:suburban:

SAVE 13 / OFF 13

• Replies 50.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

6 minutes ago, ultraviolence.xx said:

SAVE 13 / OFF 13

Let me start the petition for the survivor game to split the two albums. 

katy-perry-the-tortured-poets-department

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Redstreak said:

Idk even want to think about how crazy the next discography song rate is gonna be

grim-reaper-the-tortured-poets-departmen

• Haha 2

The way haters are so pressed over her that even if she breaks 25's record, people will switch the narrative to but she couldn't beat 25's WW opening week because she's local :rip: 

This might be a reach but do you think she was inspired by Happier Than Ever on The Smallest Man?

First half of the song starts slow and second half its more powerful

15 minutes ago, Redstreak said:

:suburban:

:gaycat7:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gladiator said:

I was watching the Chats and Reacts girlies reaction to The Anthology earlier today and some of their conclusions were things I didn't consider and it felt like such a "Eureka!" moment.

Yeah, their interpretation of The Albatross was amazing and really made the pieces fit together in an extremely powerful way. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, artc0cx said:

This might be a reach but do you think she was inspired by Happier Than Ever on The Smallest Man?

First half of the song starts slow and second half its more powerful

Nah. Billie is far from the first to do that.

1 hour ago, YR. said:

I don't think we're getting another video :deadbanana2:

I think Down Bad and I can do it with a broken heart have potential on radio for second or third singles, so she might film a video for them eventually if she has don't it yet. Only issue is that her biggest break from May 9 to August 20 is only five days.

She isn't going to tease another a video like she did with Lavendar Haze since it just got swifties pissed off for her waiting for the radio peak to release it. 

Why start a discography rate when we already know who the winner is? :lakitu:

Spoiler

Ms.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, cat1867 said:

She isn't going to tease another a video like she did with Lavendar Haze since it just got swifties pissed off for her waiting for the radio peak to release it. 

The teaser also made everyone believe that Midnights was going to be a whole visual album so I really doubt she'll ever make the mistake of doing something like that again. :laugh: 

1 hour ago, Cruel Summer said:

When you do the math on how huge her 800k+ $50 vinyl sales week is, in terms of setting it equivalent to CD/digital sales, it becomes clear that this is the biggest album release of all time by a huge margin, even if it falls short of the individual units record :deadbanana2: I even looked at unreliable pre-SoundScan "records" allegedly set by artists like The Beatles and MJ. What a monumental release - and the week isn't even done!

Hmm. In some ways I agree with this, and others not.

E.T (1982) grossed $792M (which is $2.8B adjusted for inflation)

Avengers Endgame grossed $2.7B

So which movie is bigger?

Some people may say more money is more money and that's what matters. Some may say more tickets sold is the bigger movie. Same applies to albums.

Also, although The Beatles music may have made less revenue, money was different back then. Like how a house was probably 2-3x annual average salary versus how many years salary a house is now.

According to an inflation calculator I just found on google:

$10 in 1980 = $41 in 2024

$10 in 1970 = $132 in 2024.

Edited by Saintlor

Down bad is at risk of being overplayed 

title track is clicking like a perfect pair of jeans 

Oh The Bolter the song that you are

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Literally the Eras Tour:

072591e9eb5467efe0e9b84a24fb57657e3651fe

• Haha 7

4 minutes ago, YR. said:

It's like the best example of the kind of story telling I absolutely love from her

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, YR. said:

The Bolter's melody was stuck in my head all day.

• Like 1

fortnight is staying at number one on billboard hot 100 until kendrick or harry styles drops new music next month.

The harmonies Florence is belting out all over Florida!!! are insane. :jonny3:

All those aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs :jonny3:

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Saintlor said:

The way haters are so pressed over her that even if she breaks 25's record, people will switch the narrative to but she couldn't beat 25's WW opening week because she's local :rip: 

Actually, TTPD is FAR more likely to beat 25's first week global numbers than US numbers.

25 had 5.7M units worldwide.
1989TV was already at 3.5M units and  TTPD's streams are 3x bigger than 1989TV's, so that record could be hers by next week. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Saintlor said:

besides, do you not realize how stupid that last coping argument is? Even if Taylor was, by percentage, selling a smaller excl. US percentage than some other smaller artists, the actual figures themselves are of such huge difference in scale that they are basically a C lister compared to her. So if any one of them are stupid enough to try to make that argument, compare their actual numbers and call them "sounds more like your fave is a niche artists of small markets", which is the literal truth by this point. 

People hate the title track but I really like it. That Charli Puth line stinks so bad tho. I'm on my multiple listens already and it still gives me a jumpscare like it was the first time. 

12 minutes ago, Achilles. said:

The harmonies Florence is belting out all over Florida!!! are insane. :jonny3:

All those aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs :jonny3:

We need a new mix where we can hear Florence louder. Her verse and the adlibs feel muted.

2 hours ago, IBeMe said:

I HATE that I've been having the same thought too :skull: This is ALL m son @GAGAISTHEBESTYA 's FAULT! :angry:

We would have been beyond ecstatic about the numbers had we not been fed hope of a 3M debut :angry: 

jk lol but tbh I am holding onto some kind of weird hope of that happening too :'( 

i'm sorry for sharing data

taylor2.thumb.gif.61c7c7fcfb989714dda1c2

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.