Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT'

Almodusa

Just now, Redstreak said:

Because she hasn't shared her real data and she's waiting to make one big post for the most effective hater tears :celestial5:

I kind of actually believe this. Let me be delusional. 

• Like 1

• Replies 53.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

Just now, Redstreak said:

she's waiting to make one big post for the most effective hater tears :celestial5:

But has she considered that death by a thousand cuts might better suit the haters?

the-tortured-poets-department-oompa-loom

• ATRL Moderator

Just looked up the clean version of Down Bad and it's so weird, especially the bridge :laugh:

SO WHAT IF I WAS IN LOVE????

spacer.png

even The Albatross is a banger :suburban:

25 minutes ago, Starchild said:

I know people don't like fresh out the slammer but I LOVE it :jonny6: especially the way she sings "for just an hour of sunshine/ for just one glimpse of his smiiiiileee" ugh I ascend :superman:

rep stans GET IT! :wanda:

29 minutes ago, Starchild said:

I know people don't like fresh out the slammer but I LOVE it :jonny6: especially the way she sings "for just an hour of sunshine/ for just one glimpse of his smiiiiileee" ugh I ascend :superman:

It's on repeat with Guilty as Sin? for me :jonny5: I always picture a MV like Some Kind of Bliss by Kylie

8 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

I knew you'd haunt all of my "what ifs"

8 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

Just looked up the clean version of Down Bad and it's so weird, especially the bridge :laugh:

spacer.png

I honestly like the little touch the little gasp adds. It changes the heft of that line and makes it a lot more desperate and sad to me nnn :deadbanana2:

lets just say I'm conditioning myself to hear the clean version all the time on the radio sooner or later and I want to be prepared and figured it was better to start forcing myself to like it now

• Like 1

Y'all acting like 2.7-2.8 million records sold isn't a crazy number. There's no need to break that record, stop setting her up

My Boy is a very nothing song 

30 minutes ago, Tusk said:

Discogs is the resale market.  I use them to buy my music.

I already found some records stores that had them in stock, i already secured the remaining 3 variants :bird:

And in a blink of a crinklin' eye

I'm sinkin', our fingers entwined

Cheeks pink in the twinklin' lights

Tell 'bout the first time you saw me

I'll drink what you think and I'm high

From smokin' your jokes all damn night

The brink of a wrinkle in time

Bittersweet sixteen suddenly

'Cause I feel so high school every time I look at you

I wanna find you in a crowd just to hide from you

What kind of SATANIC WITCHCRAFT :suburban:

• Like 2

Who's afraid of Loser? goes on for two hours and it never ends does it

• Confused 1

After a couple of days of listening non stop, this is easily one of my favourite albums by her. I tuned out with Lover and Midnights, but I know she'll always release something new to catch my interest again and she didn't disappoint at all. I love that she's so wordy on this record, I'm a professional yapper too so I enjoy her emotional rawness and unhinged lines. She's showing shades of that alt route too, which I think is the reason why I enjoyed this one so much.

She came angry and h*rny as hell on this thing, yes mama, now make GAS? a single

9az6rHa.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, YR. said:

2.7-2.8 million

JWuY4DK.jpeg

• Haha 1

we really thought there's more to that timetable huh :coffee:

• Haha 1

There is something so satisfying about singing along to some of these songs. Its giving scholar!!

• Like 1

Tbh the jack reviews will probs be good for her in the longtime.

1) she'll use him less on the next record and really make sure they push eachother to make something that sounds different

2) she'll branch out with new producers 

• Like 6

I don't think we're getting another video :deadbanana2:

Just read that Peter and Look through people window is same story tell in difference perspectives.

Peter looked through people window to search for Wendy

But Wendy close her window

Reach or not. Im going with this narrative. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

spacer.png

Wait it kinda slays

35 minutes ago, Redstreak said:

Because she hasn't shared her real data and she's waiting to make one big post for the most effective hater tears :celestial5:

I HATE that I've been having the same thought too :skull: This is ALL m son @GAGAISTHEBESTYA 's FAULT! :angry:

We would have been beyond ecstatic about the numbers had we not been fed hope of a 3M debut :angry: 

jk lol but tbh I am holding onto some kind of weird hope of that happening too :'( 

Wonder how they will choose the next single :deadbanana:

The favorites keep changing everyday

First it's Down Bad, then I Can Do It With A Broken Heart, and now Guilty as Sin

Think she will end up releasing 3 singles this era, like Midnights

Down Bad and ICDIWABH can fight for second single, but I need GAS as the final single, and the one which keeps lingering on radio during Grammy voting period to remind the voters she has that edge 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chiliam said:

Just read that Peter and Look through people window is same story tell in difference perspectives.

Peter looked through people window to search for Wendy

But Wendy close her window

Reach or not. Im going with this narrative. 

I love that. I love the interpretations people have to Taylor songs. They are far more interesting to me than arguing about which one of her exes a song is about, and she writes so many songs with references to others. Its so fun. I was watching the Chats and Reacts girlies reaction to The Anthology earlier today and some of their conclusions were things I didn't consider and it felt like such a "Eureka!" moment.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Venice B said:

Okay but the more I listen to this album the more I realize how genius she is like the writing in this album is suberb. I can't even blame these critics because I think there's a lot to digest and flesh out, and you can only do that if you listen to the whole thing multiple times, but really the allegations about her "losing her touch" couldn't be more false. This album has everything, she explores sooooo many themes and it's really sad how the majority of people only relates these songs to her relationships when there's so much more to it, even in the songs that do explore past relationships.

Of course everything is subjective, and I get some people not liking this album because there's not many "bops". This album actually feels like an album full of deep cuts, and I see that as a gift to the fans. Only the ones who sit with these songs and pay attention to them will fully understand them and appreciate them for what they really are. This one really is an album for the true fans, sometimes it even feels like she's having a conversation with the listener.

I'm glad she made this one 31 songs long because I have a feeling she will never do something like this again. And I know it's been only five days and I hate when people rank albums in their release week because only time will tell BUT I think this might be my favorite album of hers. I'm obsessed.

This. 

And i wonder do crictics hear the album before us? Like did label send out the albums in advance for them?

Why the hell they can write those thinkpieces in 1 day? Like at least a good 3 bussiness days before you can form an opinion on a long complex project like this. I get it if non-fans dont want to listen more if theres no bops they want. But crictics should.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.