Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT'

Almodusa

Just now, Saintlor said:

?

I was just highlighting I thought she would've been extra mindful considering

if you think she should have talked about a thinkg like that it's because she have to do it and because it's right and that's all. No need to talk about the race of the people she hangs with or she is connected with. 

Talking about fetishizing people's race :pancake:

• Thanks 1

• Replies 53.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

A lot of the songs on this album have stronger and catchier verses than choruses

• Like 1

Btw, any idea what's happening with SEA? Seems like in this era they're not as on board as they were during Midnights era.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Saintlor said:

A lot of the songs on this album have stronger and catchier verses than choruses

I think this is why people who have listened very little think it sounds samey

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Eóghan said:

when they have the time to edit the reaction of 31 fuckin songs

they also probably arguing with themselves if they should do 2 separate videos or not

Most of the reactors I watched did 2 parts 

11 minutes ago, Saintlor said:

I think the song blends them all together.

They are poems not a verse/chorus/verse/chorus structure.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wolf Alice said:

Probably not even related but my mind went to this when I started thinking about this:

Excerpt from a John Mayer interview for Half of my heart -

I wonder if he kept telling her that she's going to be the next Stevie Nicks when they dated

Wow. I'd never seen this before. Totally adds new context to Taylor performing at the Grammys with Stevie Nicks either while she was dating John or immediately after breaking up with him. :soda: 

• Thanks 1

Florida is such a skip. That booming drum sound gets tired by the end.

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 2

16 minutes ago, Jude said:

Btw, any idea what's happening with SEA? Seems like in this era they're not as on board as they were during Midnights era.

Probably angry after the Singapore fiasco for the eras tour (?)

45 minutes ago, TaylorNation said:

and THIS is my main problem with the album that I feel absolutely no one is talking about. the only engagement I see on this topic is fans blaming other fans, without really talking about the actual issue. 

the criticisms raised against that man were extremely valid, and it was lowkey concerning that she associated herself with him, no matter how infatuated she was.

he goes directly against everything she stands for, so the tone in some of the songs and lowkey blaming fans for no longer being with him is not the tea. it's giving yes, and? 

don't get me wrong, I love the album but yeah  I was disappointed with her response 

I think she wrote and recorded these songs in May when she wasn't right in her mind. Temporary insanity according herself. That's my take.

I still don't understand why some fans told other fans that they should either support the relationship or shut up. They also tried to shove his dirty laundry under the bed and became keyboard warriors for Matty. An embarrassing episode for our fandom in my opinion.

Edited by Fama
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, Bad_vocal_technique said:

Yeah it doesn't offer much musicality other than some shock value. Worst song she's released in several albums, me thinks since Soon Song'll Be Over

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

19 minutes ago, Jude said:

I asked a few of my swiftie friends here and a few of them said "I'd rather listen to Cruel Summer" in one way or another :gaycat6:

How is Fortnight performance compared to Anti-Hero?

As an aside the way youtube search suggestion only shows fortnite or fortnite taylor swift... the brainwash that game has had on the masses.....

yhegLx4.jpg

51 minutes ago, The Man Who said:

Hi guys, how heavy is this album? 

I'm mentally drained at the minute but I do enjoy listening to music as it can help take my mind off things / act as a form of therapy, but I don't know if I'd be able to handle such a huge album if it's really somber / dealing with sensitive subject matters. 

Do you think I'd be best waiting to listen or do you think I'd find the music healing? I do want to listen but I'm nervous about it being too much for me right now. :chick3:

Tbh half the album left me feeling like maybe I *do* need therapy 💀

11 minutes ago, Bad_vocal_technique said:

8 minutes ago, Post Malone said:

Yeah it doesn't offer much musicality other than some shock value. Worst song she's released in several albums, me thinks since Soon Song'll Be Over

Help! the drum police is here.

That drum is epic. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Clauss said:

Probably angry after the Singapore fiasco for the eras tour (?)

Oh, I forgot about it. I remember now a lot of Filipino fans were angry at Taylor for signing that contract.

7 minutes ago, I'm JAVIng Fun said:

I asked a few of my swiftie friends here and a few of them said "I'd rather listen to Cruel Summer" in one way or another :gaycat6:

Well, it's ffcking hot in here. Can't blame them.

56 minutes ago, The Man Who said:

Hi guys, how heavy is this album? 

I'm mentally drained at the minute but I do enjoy listening to music as it can help take my mind off things / act as a form of therapy, but I don't know if I'd be able to handle such a huge album if it's really somber / dealing with sensitive subject matters. 

Do you think I'd be best waiting to listen or do you think I'd find the music healing? I do want to listen but I'm nervous about it being too much for me right now. :chick3:

The album is dark but there was also some dark humor help to cope with depression. There are real sad devastating moments, but theres also a lot of camp moments. 

And i have this mindset, oh even a rich famous girl like Taylor also has to deal with these depressed emotion. So it happens to everyone, make me feel a bit better about my mental health.

54 minutes ago, Feetree said:

When will ajay and hthaze put up their reactions 

Ajay is coming Friday, I think she'll do it in two parts. HTHaze reaction streams for both sides are in his patreon 

3 minutes ago, Jude said:

Gurl we reaching the 50s here in the NCR in May. We gonna become the torched poets at that point instead of just tortured poets. :gaycat7:

Anyway, I'll stream Guilty as Sin? on my own then :jonnycat:

• Haha 2

OMG WE CHEERED

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Jude said:

Oh, I forgot about it. I remember now a lot of Filipino fans were angry at Taylor for signing that contract.

Philippines literally had no venue that could fit the stage.

Only potentially Thailand was skipped due to the contract. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Jude said:

It's not really a poppy album. And tbh it's depressing af the moment you put a lot of songs in context.

This is definitely an album for the core tortured swifties and it would turn off a lot of casuals. Which is fine to me since I want to be able to afford her concert again lol!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dear Reader said:

OMG WE CHEERED

FINALLY

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dear Reader said:

OMG WE CHEERED

Been waiting for Part 2! :duca: :duca: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.