Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT'

Almodusa

I'm not really fond of this album, but I admit, I overplayed Down Bad too much. So catchy!! It needs to be the second single. A potential 13th #1 for her too..

• Like 4

• Replies 53.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

Friendly reminder that songs are snapshots of events that happened a long time ago. Taylor admitted their situationship was a manic phase. She even made a plea for temporary insanity in the summation of the booklet

:suburban:

• Like 4

Much of the disappointment & hurt on the record stems from her trying so hard to make it work with Joe for so long even as she was realizing it was leading to a dead end and literally falling out of love with him. Ratty was just the "move on" drug that exploited that vulnerability and love bombed the hell out of her. It was a dumb idea, or in her own words: a self-inflicted harm during a manic episode,  from the start and she even acknowledges it multiple times here. She could've just glossed over that chapter or made herself look better but she's so real for owning up to the whole story of this trainwreck.

At its heart it's an album about disillusionment and facing the harsh reality that your personal life wasn't turning out how you wanted it to be even though professionally you were peaking like never before. That you wasted your precious late 20s-early 30s on someone who didn't value the same things you did. That you're still yearning for marriage and a family but have been dealt yet another mismatched card. Please someone change The Prophecy, don't want money just company.

Edited by Mandalore
  • Like 11

14 minutes ago, Saintlor said:

Matty Healy masturbates to videos of black women being degraded and racially abused

x --- x --- x

I do think it's pretty awful that Taylor thinks her fans are wrong to question why she was dating him, especially since she tweeted calling out white supremacy before and then there's the whole Miss Americana doc

It was temporary insanity apparently.

• Like 1

Fortnight

I Can Do It With A Broken Heart

Guilty As Sin

The correct singles for this amazing record! I hope they don't take their time too much prior releasing ICDIWABH like what they did with Lavender Haze (pretty much DOA by January :rip:)

release ICDIWABH on radio by late May, release the video by June for summer smasha

Guilty As Sin can then be a slowburn smash by September onwards

• Like 3

The Black Dog is kind of a cousin to You're Losing Me

OrxHuX1.gif

• Like 1

if you look at it through the explanation she gave, she wasn't dissing her fans when they told her to break up with him, i mean she was but it's almost like when you tell someone addicted to nicotine to stop smoking, they get a lil aggressive 

as the album moves on she realizes she was just in a manic episode and kinda ****** up a little bit by dating that crackhead 

• Like 3

The Black Dog best song on the album :weeps:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, KarmaCat said:

Fortnight

I Can Do It With A Broken Heart

Guilty As Sin

The correct singles for this amazing record! I hope they don't take their time too much prior releasing ICDIWABH like what they did with Lavender Haze (pretty much DOA by January :rip:)

release ICDIWABH on radio by late May, release the video by June for summer smasha

Guilty As Sin can then be a slowburn smash by September onwards

The video could easily be a continuation of Fortnight, where she's electrocuted and turned into some kind of deranged performance robot only living to manically write music and perform on stage every night like a circus clown regardless of how she actually feels. The visuals of course need to be lighter, fun and unserious (but not the worst of Katy's type of unserious hopefully)

Will fortnight become the fastest song to reach 100M on Spotify?

I love "I Hate It Here" so so much.

• Like 1

I can do it with a broken heart aint single worthy its just initial curiosity and fervor that gonna die soon and by the time it gets a radio release and gets pushed the interest will have died down. Thas what happened with lavender haze take a single like My boy which has room to grow in streams and interest... 

Edited by kayliah

She sprinkled then spilled something on Guilty as Sin. I'm so addicted to it. The melody is stuck in my head. I keep humming its melody. And everytime I listen to it, gosh, I imagine and feel things :jonnycat:

• Like 5

My copy still hasn't arrived. They say it's in my city since Friday but still haven't received it AND NOBODY IS REPLYING TO ME I HATE IT

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TayDine1989 said:

She sprinkled then spilled something on Guilty as Sin. I'm so addicted to it. The melody is stuck in my head. I keep humming its melody. And everytime I listen to it, gosh, I imagine and feel things :jonnycat:

right? The way it still keeps growing on me :jonny5: It HAS to be a single

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Saintlor said:

Matty Healy masturbates to videos of black women being degraded and racially abused

x --- x --- x

I do think it's pretty awful that Taylor thinks her fans are wrong to question why she was dating him, especially since she tweeted calling out white supremacy before and then there's the whole Miss Americana doc

Lord you're still bringing this up? Over a month long relationship that she described as a manic phase after it ended with joe?

I don't remember twigs ever calling him racist either after being with him for 2 years 

but daddy i love him on her way to the #1 spot on spotify global

Xj4AOXv.gif?ex=662a1f1e&is=6628cd9e&hm=f

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Saintlor said:

x --- x --- x

There was nothing wrong with fans questioning their relationship. She was probably calling out the loser fans who went too far and trended #SpeakUpNow and created petitions to unstan and no longer attend her concerts if they didn't break up, as she should

• Like 1

Florence fell 18 spots on Spotify WW and Post fell a few places around the world also, and also Taylor, so prepare to the meltdowns soon for todays update! 😂 They are gonna be brave again!

Before the update - has someone knows how much Midnights fell on the 5th day?

anyone who listens to the black dog and still continues to push a narrative that she's overrated needs to be committed :coffee2:

• Thanks 1

Taylor Nation is iconic 

• Haha 1

I think she wrote and recorded all the songs when she was experiencing these feelings. The album was probably pretty much finished before August 2023. Perhaps she added two or three songs later to provide context for the album.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Saintlor said:

x --- x --- x

He was super creepy for all that, but I do think he was trying to be an edgelord/"funny" and go with the "worst possible thing" one could say and not actually admitting to literally getting off to it. The GG thing is unfortunately a racist, misogynistic "meme" in that sphere. It's gross.

I'm not defending him at all, because I think whether or not it was a "joke" is really beside the point, but I do think there is a bit of context missing online, and I don't fault most people for not knowing that. His friendship with the Red Scare podcast girls is more than enough to give me pause. At best, he's a f-boy edgelord who thinks he's smarter than he is.

EITHER WAY. 

I do think Taylor opening up about this relationship and how it pulled her on this album under is fascinating, and I do think it went deeper than we know.

Edited by pinkbowvintage
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, omrimayo said:

Florence fell 18 spots on Spotify WW and Post fell a few places around the world also, and also Taylor, so prepare to the meltdowns soon for todays update! 😂 They are gonna be brave again!

Before the update - has someone knows how much Midnights fell on the 5th day?

I think it fell a little less than 10%, like around 9.6% or something like that if I'm not mistaken

1 hour ago, Fama said:

In my opinion, this is rewriting history. If she truly wanted Matty, she would've left Joe much sooner. Matty just became her backup plan because Joe let her down.

As a counter, it's also totally possible to be in love with two people at once, or be conflicted when in a monogamous relationship, especially if the relationship is souring.

Then again, we'll never know, but there's tons of hints about him in the Fortnight video and them "writing letters" to each other over time. We can only speculate.

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.