• Replies 50.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

With each listen I pick up new things & small details which makes me love it even more. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Starchild said:

Wait what? I thought they weren't together anymore, those Matty songs they worked on were for midnights and the relationship lasted like a month, she'd have time to write it right after 

They were definitely together for a bit longer than two months, even if it was only "two months officially" known to the general public imo. There is overlap in the Joe relationship, as she sings about "Guilty as Sin?", and it is possible she cheated on Joe with him, if only emotionally. She started writing with him back in Feb 2023 and they were dating pretty much right after the Joe split (or possibly before? who knows). 

They started hooking up way back in 2014. They've essentially been writing each other into their songs for years since then. He's written many songs about her even as they dated other people.

Matty is definitely the one Taylor always wanted and that's why she was so furious she felt the scandal "ruined" it for her, though really, if we're to believe lyrics, he ruined it himself by being a f-boy.

• ATRL Moderator
13 minutes ago, Post Malone said:

Robin the first song since Marjorie making me tear up... oh mother yup

OrxHuX1.gif

Finally someone understands the talentry at play in Robodess

OrxHuX1.gif

• Haha 2

As we were talking about TV / Movie edits of the songs, I did not just see a Plankton flying to Krusty Krab edit to WAOLOM?.

I was thinking of acclaimed edits like Succession (Kendall's 40th birthday to ICDIWABH), Euphoria (Bathroom scene between Maddy and Casey Florida!!!), Little Women (Greta's Version) (The Manuscript).

Millennials' bag secured I guess.

spacer.png

Edited by Taylor fanboy
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, bluebirdsforever said:

OrxHuX1.gif

Spoiler

I hope I won't see Ronan vs. Robin commentary.

spacer.png

Do NOT open. My sadness is contagious. 

• Haha 1

I came back to MIDnights so I won't be too acclimated with PTSD : Psychology.

Half-way in, I want to stop and play Peter.

Must be Matty's narcotics.

spacer.png

• Like 2

15 hours ago, every1blinks said:

Who's this man, this is urgent 

15 hours ago, TaggedGalaxy said:

I don't know :chick3:

We need @Magickarp on the case

/judge-judy-times-up.gif

Noah Beck?

OT: Peter & Robin are underrated icons.

• Like 1

Has Taylor visually or sonically ever been compared to Stevie Nicks or did she make it up for the sake of lyrics?

• Haha 2

Why did Taylor even break up with Matty over his racist comments if she's going to complain about the fans condemning her for dating him? :confused:

Blaming the fans is lowkey admitting she doesn't care about what he said, so if she's going to admit she doesn't care about what he said, she may as well have not broken up with him 

• Thumbs Down 2

1 minute ago, Saintlor said:

Has Taylor visually or sonically ever been compared to Stevie Nicks or did she make it up for the sake of lyrics?

I heard rumors from the basement where they run Sputnik from, that reputation was her Rumours.

Kidding aside, no, I do not recall one.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, bluebirdsforever said:

OrxHuX1.gif

We can think of it as the soundtrack to Robyn Fenty her career funeral

OrxHuX1.gif

Edited by Post Malone
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Saintlor said:

Why did Taylor even break up with Matty over his racist comments if she's going to complain about the fans condemning her for dating him? :confused:

Blaming the fans is lowkey admitting she doesn't care about what he said, so if she's going to admit she doesn't care about what he said, she may as well have not broken up with him 

Matty ghosted him allegedly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Saintlor said:

Probably not even related but my mind went to this when I started thinking about this:

Excerpt from a John Mayer interview for Half of my heart -

SS: Taylor Swift. She's on your record. How were you introduced to Taylor Swift, how did you find her as an artist?

JM: I've written a song, keeping with the Tom Petty context, I've written a song that's straight up melodic to the point chorus and I was thinking, well if I, in my little imagination, am Tom Petty in a song, who's Stevie Nicks? And it was like, I'm very strange about getting other people to perform on my record because I feel like I want those records to be around forever. And I don't know what someone else is going to do in their life.

I wonder if he kept telling her that she's going to be the next Stevie Nicks when they dated

Edited by Wolf Alice
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, pinkbowvintage said:

They were definitely together for a bit longer than two months, even if it was only "two months officially" known to the general public imo. There is overlap in the Joe relationship, as she sings about "Guilty as Sin?", and it is possible she cheated on Joe with him, if only emotionally. She started writing with him back in Feb 2023 and they were dating pretty much right after the Joe split (or possibly before? who knows). 

They started hooking up way back in 2014. They've essentially been writing each other into their songs for years since then. He's written many songs about her even as they dated other people.

Matty is definitely the one Taylor always wanted and that's why she was so furious she felt the scandal "ruined" it for her, though really, if we're to believe lyrics, he ruined it himself by being a f-boy.

In my opinion, this is rewriting history. If she truly wanted Matty, she would've left Joe much sooner. Matty just became her backup plan because Joe let her down.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, pinkbowvintage said:

Cross your thoughtless heart

Only liquor anoints you

She's the albatross 

he is here to destroy you

same melody in parts as:

Thunder rumbling

Castles crumbling

I am trying to hold on

God knows that I tried

Seeing the bright side

I'm not blind anymore I'm wide awake

Wait I can see it.

OrxHuX1.gif

One month for my first show of The Eras Tour, I think I'm gonna be sick 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dear Reader said:

One month for my first show of The Eras Tour, I think I'm gonna be sick 

The most disappointing thing for me is that my show is in August so it's gonna be light for the entire show

I wish the whole show was in the dark

She is the music industry. Wow look at her success :clap3:

Edited by kayliah

22 minutes ago, Saintlor said:

i dont like Matty, in fact i hate his bone 

But he is not racist. That was a sensitive problematic gig from the host and Matty is playing along which he shouldn`t. He is still a terrible person with weird temper.

In the Friedland episode, the show's hosts played a clip of the "Munch" rapper talking about her love of alternative music, including Coldplay and The 1975 from an Elle interview in January. The hosts and Healy then begin speculating on Spice's ethnicity, with jokes about her sounding like an "Inuit Spice Girl," a "chubby Chinese lady" and one of them saying, "'Yeah, I rap and make music' Do they talk like that? Do Inuits talk like that?" The audio of the podcast then found Healy and the hosts imitating Chinese and Hawaiian accents as they laughed.

After one of the men suggested Healy should have asked about her ethnic background while dropping an Inuit ethnic slur, Healy called Ice Spice "dumb." The offensive episode was pulled from Apple and Spotify earlier this month but can still be heard on Youtube, and Healy went on to apologize for his comments.

Ice Spice revealed that she has seen seen Healy in person, and The 1975 frontman gave her a personal apology. "I saw him at the Jean Paul Gaultier party a couple days ago, and he was like, 'Hey, you OK?' and I'm like, 'Of course.' He apologized to me a bunch of times. We're good," she said.

11 hours ago, Mandalore said:

Lmaooooo

Sjdjdk I mean… everyone else kind of sounds delusional in comparison…

5 minutes ago, chiliam said:

i dont like Matty, in fact i hate his bone 

But he is not racist. That was a sensitive problematic gig from the host and Matty is playing along which he shouldn`t. He is still a terrible person with weird temper.

In the Friedland episode, the show's hosts played a clip of the "Munch" rapper talking about her love of alternative music, including Coldplay and The 1975 from an Elle interview in January. The hosts and Healy then begin speculating on Spice's ethnicity, with jokes about her sounding like an "Inuit Spice Girl," a "chubby Chinese lady" and one of them saying, "'Yeah, I rap and make music' Do they talk like that? Do Inuits talk like that?" The audio of the podcast then found Healy and the hosts imitating Chinese and Hawaiian accents as they laughed.

After one of the men suggested Healy should have asked about her ethnic background while dropping an Inuit ethnic slur, Healy called Ice Spice "dumb." The offensive episode was pulled from Apple and Spotify earlier this month but can still be heard on Youtube, and Healy went on to apologize for his comments.

Ice Spice revealed that she has seen seen Healy in person, and The 1975 frontman gave her a personal apology. "I saw him at the Jean Paul Gaultier party a couple days ago, and he was like, 'Hey, you OK?' and I'm like, 'Of course.' He apologized to me a bunch of times. We're good," she said.

Matty Healy masturbates to videos of black women being degraded and racially abused

x --- x --- x

I do think it's pretty awful that Taylor thinks her fans are wrong to question why she was dating him, especially since she tweeted calling out white supremacy before and then there's the whole Miss Americana doc

Edited by Saintlor
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

11 hours ago, Taylor fanboy said:

Swiftologist really knew what he was doing with his name so casuals believe his reputation.

A HACK!

:ryan3:

No offense @V_E_N_U_S. Happy you're loving the album.

I am!

:suburban:

But curious as to why you think he's a hack? I feel like in comparison to other Swiftie content creators he seems to be the only one actually offering analysis and insight…

i can do it with a broken heart omg…her best pop song in forever :WAP:

I really can't help but replay this album again and again and again. 

It's just too good, and with that length I feel like I'm still discovering and noticing more details each time. 

• Like 4

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.