Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT'

Almodusa

14 minutes ago, Achilles. said:

Nah. That's the title track. Almost a CHOP I fear. 

"We're modern idiots" is iconic I fear. Only dislike the Charlie puta line. I can fix him is a nothing burger and probably responsible for the bad reviews :deadbanana:

• Haha 2

• Replies 50.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

I Can Fix Him is a bore and redundant asf lyrically and is like utterly purposeless (the Sweet Nothing of this album), but I like it sonically, there's something about the chorus and the way she sings it so low and like the bass and spacious instrumentation during that part... the messner songs are more lively/creative but they don't have the expensiveness of Antonoff's worst song :deadbanana2:

I just had a fathoming and it is kinda breaking my brain. :jonnycat:

Fresh Out The Slammer functions as both a twin and a sequel to Getaway Car. 

FOTS is a twin to GC because both describe the same scenario: leaving one relationship and moving right on to the next one.

FOTS is a sequel to GC because you're in a getaway car if you're fleeing a crime scene. Basically they got arrested and sent to the slammer, but now she's out and moving on. And he should've known that she'd be the first to leave because… think about the place where you first met me.

tumblr_pdidrrVwJg1qk5n0so1_500.gif

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Walk_Away21 said:

"We're modern idiots" is iconic I fear. Only dislike the Charlie puta line. I can fix him is a nothing burger and probably responsible for the bad reviews :deadbanana:

Not this when every single review is dragging the title track because of that line. I Can Fix Him innocent!

Puth is probably the worst verse in her entire catalog. I don't like the suicide bit either. And there's too much namedropping happening in general.

• Like 5

I can't wait for my Eras tour date

It's crazy to think she's been a part of my day every day since the Speak Now era and her music has been played in the background of my daily activities every day and to then get to see her in person and perform her catalog :weeps:

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, sbenci said:

why is there so much hate for this online? :weeps: 

I see so much praise :dies: 

And the jump in streams today was wild 

26 minutes ago, GAGAISTHEBESTYA said:

1989 TV pure sales trajectory 

1st day: 250k

2nd-3rd day: 370k (+120k)

6th day report (there were no 4th and 5th day report): +1.1m (+730k)

Final: 1.36m 

TTPD Pure Sales trajectory:

1st day: 1.4m 

2nd day: 1.5m (+100k all were from vinyls sales)

3rd day-4th: 1.6m (+100k all were from vinyl sales)

I mean, based on this trajectory, the day6 numbers will be 4x of day1 number. Does that mean 4M more shipments will magically appear at day 6 for TTPD? :biblionny:

16 minutes ago, Achilles. said:

FOTS is a twin to GC because both describe the same scenario: leaving one relationship and moving right on to the next one.

FOTS is a sequel to GC because you're in a getaway car if you're fleeing a crime scene. Basically they got arrested and sent to the slammer, but now she's out and moving on. And he should've known that she'd be the first to leave because… think about the place where you first met me.

I'd made the first connection, but the second...

That's a fathoming for the ages :jonny5:

Let me go give some MORE streams to Faith in the Savior right NEOW!

• Like 1

I guess this is more likely following midnights' trajectory, 800k 1st day; 1.15m last day, 1.4x multiple for the last day, which gives us:

1.4M first day x 1.4 = 1.96m pure, + 650k SEAs =2.65M final tally. 

7 minutes ago, Kitboga said:

I mean, based on this trajectory, the day6 numbers will be 4x of day1 number. Does that mean 4M more shipments will magically appear at day 6 for TTPD? :biblionny:

I guess it is more likely following midnights' trajectory. 800k 1st day; 1.15m 7th day, a 1.4x multiple from first to last day, which gives TTPD:

1.4M first day x 1.4 = 1.96m pure, + 650k SEAs = 2.65M for the final tally. 

Edited by Kitboga

11 minutes ago, Kitboga said:

not even slightly

You left your typewriter at my apartment

Straight from the tortured poets department

I think some things I never say

Like "who uses typewriters anyway"

I love this anecdote. She was really like "I refrained from saying this at the time out of respect for the fragility of our new relationship but it's over now so I want you to know I found you ridiculous the entire time." Kill him, Blondie. :laugh:

The chorus is so good too. And some of the other melodies. But yeah, that second verse and all the namedropping holds this back a lot. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Kitboga said:

I guess it is more likely following midnights' trajectory. 800k 1st day; 1.15m 7th day, a 1.4x multiple from first to last day, which gives TTPD:

but midnights number made more sense :rip:

Spectrum Pulse's amazing review was already posted, so I recommend y'all to check out Mic The Snare's video on TTPD (and his channel in general - his discog dives are great).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kitboga said:

Midnight had 700k pre-orders only though and it managed to sell more than +400k pure after retails 

The data for TTPD is still at least +200k vinyls and +300k CDs behind. 

The Black Dog is kinda giving….. single?! Am I crazy? Even tho it's slow, it's incredibly catchy, sonically interesting yet fit for radio, and seems to be the top GP fave from the second half. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Achilles. said:

16 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

I'd made the first connection, but the second...

That's a fathoming for the ages :jonny5:

Let me go give some MORE streams to Faith in the Savior right NEOW!

Just say FOTS is reputation coded like I do. :coffee2:

Knew I was a robber first time that he saw

She was a CRIMINAL on puta after all.

:ryan3:

• Haha 1

The standard has grown on me immensely

"But Daddy I Love Him" might be the best thing on here, it's like a SSRI version of "Love Story"

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Achilles. said:

Not this when every single review is dragging the title track because of that line. I Can Fix Him innocent!

Puth is probably the worst verse in her entire catalog. I don't like the suicide bit either. And there's too much namedropping happening in general.

Yes!! Like most listeners have no idea who Patti smith or Dylan Thomas are so it just doesn't resonate? 

41 minutes ago, Achilles. said:

i don't really get how the charlie puth is bad. i think you guys just take her too seriously

11 minutes ago, Miles. said:

The Black Dog is kinda giving….. single?! Am I crazy? Even tho it's slow, it's incredibly catchy, sonically interesting yet fit for radio, and seems to be the top GP fave from the second half. 

Nowhere near the production level necessary for a radio single-the melody is so repetitive and uninteresting as much as I like the narrative 

13 minutes ago, Miles. said:

After the first listen I could find even one single material but now half of the album is giving single :dies:

5 minutes ago, Mdawg said:

Yes!! Like most listeners have no idea who Patti smith or Dylan Thomas are so it just doesn't resonate? 

Oh. Those two bother me less that three contemporary references. :laugh: 

7 minutes ago, dynastee said:

i don't really get how the charlie puth is bad. i think you guys just take her too seriously

I get it's ironic but it just flows terribly all the way down to golden retriever. The rest of the song has solid rhymes so that one sticks out in a bad way. 

Edited by Life Savers

2 minutes ago, Achilles. said:

Oh. Those two bother me less that three contemporary references. :laugh: 

I mean yes Charlie Puth is a bigger jumpscare lol but the overall namedropping is such a slog 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.