Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT'

Almodusa

I think we can all collectively agree I can fix him is the weakest song in the album:coffee2:

• Like 4
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

• Replies 50.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

For whoever might care, this is the answer given by Copilot/Chatgpt of my question: "why some people hate Taylor Swift so much?"

Taylor Swift, despite her immense success and popularity, has also faced significant criticism and garnered a fair share of haters. Let's explore some reasons why:

1. Her Music: Not everyone resonates with Taylor Swift's music. Some find it too pop-oriented, too country, or perhaps not catchy enough. Musical preferences are subjective, and not everyone appreciates her style1.

2. Her Personality: Taylor Swift's public persona has been a topic of debate. Some perceive her as annoying, fake, or even too perfect. Her seemingly flawless image can sometimes rub people the wrong way1.

3. Her Relationships: Taylor Swift's high-profile romances have been scrutinized. Accusations of writing songs about ex-boyfriends have led some to view her as petty or vindictive1.

4. Feuds and Drama: Taylor Swift has engaged in public feuds with other celebrities, including Kanye West and Katy Perry. This drama has contributed to the perception of her as a drama queen or a mean girl1.

5. Her Success: Taylor Swift's remarkable success—both financially and critically—can breed resentment. Some feel she is overrated or that she achieved her fame unfairly1.

It's essential to recognize that not everyone who dislikes Taylor Swift hates her. Some simply don't care for her music or personality. Whether the hate is justified is subjective. Some see her as a talented musician, while others believe she benefits from industry biases. Ultimately, opinions about Taylor Swift vary, and liking her or not remains a personal choice1.

Despite the hate, Taylor Swift continues to be one of the most popular and successful musicians globally. Her relatable music, talent, authenticity, and dedicated fan base contribute to her enduring appeal1.

just received new data on fortnight CDs and it's 200k :coffee:

Just now, GAGAISTHEBESTYA said:

just received new data on fortnight CDs and it's 200k :coffee:

which will be inserted probably near-end of May :coffee:

• Confused 1

Please
I've been on my knees
Change the prophecy
Don't want money
Just someone who wants my company
Let it once be me
Who do I have to speak to
About if they can redo the prophecy?

200.gif?cid=95b279441vysm85qkhp8v84tpa1x

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Life Savers said:

Can you please define "way of singing"? 

She sings in the same slightly nasal tone and is not singing but close to talk singing when she is just reading her words while following the rhythm. i understand its a style and a form, but she is doing it for almost every song on most of her recent albums. its boring, i mean it is not replayable. you hear it once and you are like ok? 

even billie eilish who is notorious for her "talk singing" is exhanging this talk with singing and changing the tone of the song + shes singing about different things as well, not always the same topic (lusting over some dude that doesnt want you, she is more introspective)

Just now, Ms. Togekiss said:

She sold about +42m pure album copies in the US, CSPC wise I think it's probably almost there. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, By the Water said:

It'd be really embarrassing for these artists to reuse melodies when all they could do is employ a different writing camp :clack:

Camila Cabello is a songwriter, but be serious: people view all these artists through an art lens. It does not matter who wrote your song or who wrote it with you. What matters is your art as a whole. I don't like Beyonce's music most of the time, but I can't say she's not an artist. she can deliver whatever that writing camp delivers to her. she is convincing in her story (rihanna too).

26 minutes ago, GAGAISTHEBESTYA said:

I think we can all collectively agree I can fix him is the weakest song in the album:coffee2:

It's sexy and fun but needs a lift in the second half to make it more interesting, it starts to feel like a really long interlude 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, GAGAISTHEBESTYA said:

which will be inserted probably near-end of May :coffee:

Hopefully she puts up another round of sales, and then ship them out in batches depending which week a  song could block her. That way she could finally get a 10weeker number juan :biblionny:

Edited by Kitboga
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Kyle-x said:

It's sexy and fun but needs a lift in the second half to make it more interesting, it starts to feel like a really long interlude 

exactly what i thought too

1 minute ago, Kitboga said:

Hopefully she puts another batch on same, and then ship them out depending which week a new debut song could block her. That way she could finally get a 10weeker number juan :biblionny:

it's giving Butter but I approve! 

1 hour ago, wastedpotential said:

Oh I just saw like 5 hit GAS hit tweets in a row on my timeline I am going to start a prayer circle that its streams blow up and she's forced to acknowledge it and make it the second single, who wants to join me? :gaylorcat1:

WHERE??? Please share any viral godly as hymn tweets so I can help push them even further :WAP:

30 minutes ago, GAGAISTHEBESTYA said:

It really goes nowhere. I lowkey don't even remember how it goes :deadbanana4:

3 minutes ago, sweetkiss said:

She sings in the same slightly nasal tone and is not singing but close to talk singing when she is just reading her words while following the rhythm. i understand its a style and a form, but she is doing it for almost every song on most of her recent albums. its boring, i mean it is not replayable. you hear it once and you are like ok? 

even billie eilish who is notorious for her "talk singing" is exhanging this talk with singing and changing the tone of the song + shes singing about different things as well, not always the same topic (lusting over some dude that doesnt want you, she is more introspective)

All of the artists that you mentioned could be characterized in the same way. They have a style and that's not a problem. Taylor obviously doesn't have as big a range as the people you mentioned, but her style fits her storyteller songwriter very well. If you see performances of Taylor songs on singing shows most of the time they feel flat even though the singers are technically gifted. Rihanna who you mentioned is a similar case (not that it's the same style, but that her style is a uniquely good fit for her music). 

Her always singing "about the same topic" is demonstrably false and an argument I'm not willing to engage with. I assume you're not familiar with her entire catalogue or just don't like her, which, again, is fine. I choose to focus on artists that I do enjoy despite being on a site like ATRL. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, GAGAISTHEBESTYA said:

Nah. That's the title track. Almost a CHOP I fear. 

• Like 4

I only consider someone a songwriter if they have a decent haul of solo writes.

Down Bad has popped into my head the last few days at the gym, for obvious reasons. Hope they play some songs from the album; they were rotating in several songs from eternal Sunshine when that released. I assume an employee was a stan.

Some of these lyrics hit hard when you have a partner that struggles a lot with their mental health. :khalyan:

"But you awaken with dread, pounding nails in your head / I chose this cyclone with you"

"Every breath feels like the rarest air, when you're not sure if he wants to be there" 

"You sacrificed us to the gods of your bluest days"

"Gray and blue and fights and tunnels, handcuffed to the spell I was under"

• Like 4

1989 TV pure sales trajectory 

1st day: 250k

2nd-3rd day: 370k (+120k)

6th day report (there were no 4th and 5th day report): +1.1m (+730k)

Final: 1.36m 

TTPD Pure Sales trajectory:

1st day: 1.4m 

2nd day: 1.5m (+100k all were from vinyls sales)

3rd day-4th: 1.6m (+100k all were from vinyl sales)

• Like 1

Her most relatable lyrics ever tbh

Screenshot-20240424-005049-2.jpg

• Haha 7

The Black DOGY turned from DUD to song of the day suddenly :WAP:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Oh wow idk if anyone posted about it already but TTPD is #4 in Japan with nearly 17,000 sales. It was also #3 on the digital albums chart with a little over 1,000 downloads. Those are AMAZING sales for a western album nowadays. :jonny: This is also her first top 5 album there since Lover went #3. It is also only the SECOND western album to go top 10 there this year after heavy metal band Judas Priest.

Edited by Kyle-x
  • Like 4

why is there so much hate for this online? :weeps: 

1 hour ago, SoSickOfThatSOL said:

Lol, we're not talking about the same song. I was referring to I Can Fix Him. I actually like Broken Heart, and yes it's pretty relatable :gaycat6:

Alas, sorry I'm not up to speed with all the anagrams lmao

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ultraviolence.xx said:

theyre talking about I Can Fix Him skljhfskdf

Alexa play I Hate It Here :rip:

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.