Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT'

Almodusa

3 minutes ago, RobynYoBank said:

Every listen through the album just reveals new earworms. imgonnagetyouback that chorus is just

PICK YOU POISON BABE IM POISON EITHER WAAAAAAAAY

• Replies 50.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

today I met with some friends and now I'm at home kinda tipsy so it's time to BLAST Broken Heart

dance-2024.gif

I've never been sad-drunk over a man before but let me tell you, I'm about to play The Prophecy so hard I actually pass out a little

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

Here's a hot take:

Taylor should release Reputation (Taylor's Version) later this year, and then conclude the Eras Tour with a double Self-Titled album. One half re-recording of the original Taylor Swift and one half is TS12, a juxtaposition of Taylor Swift of 2006 with Taylor Swift of 2025.

:suburban:

17 minutes ago, Saintlor said:

so anyone listening for relatability won't get that... 

Let's just say if it's not something you can relate to be thankful

oprah-crying.gif

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, RihannaStan4LIFE said:

Sorry I keep getting confused reactions and I realize I probs should've explained more☠️ Basically if you replace holy ground's instrumental w BDILH (and vice versa), they both fit together extremely well.

I made this on some AI mashup editor to show what I'm talking about lol, I'm kinda shook tbh

You can (as many do) mash up many of her songs with a multitude of other songs and say how well they fit lol…it's well-documented that she has a very universal standard chord progression which is part of why her music is so conducive to the earworm effect  https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTLmUNGCf/

Can someone explain why I just cried to the end of Toys and Down Bad. She actually puts narcotics in these songs.

oprah-crying.gif

we need to stan My Boy A LOT more ugh I'm so in love with this retro/vintage bop :ghostface:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Squall said:

And I sound like an infant
Feeling like the very last drops of an ink pen
A greater woman stays cool
But I howl like a wolf at the moon
And I look unstable
Gathered with a coven 'round a sorceress' table
A greater woman has faith
But even statues crumble if they're made to wait
I'm so afraid I sealed my fate
No sign of soulmates
I'm just a paperweight in shades of greige
Spending my last coin so someone will tell me it'll be okay

Such a MOMENT, the delivery :jonny5:

and then she goes on and howl like a wolf literally in the outro, what type of narcotic is that?

2 minutes ago, RobynYoBank said:

Here's a hot take:

Taylor should release Reputation (Taylor's Version) later this year, and then conclude the Eras Tour with a double Self-Titled album. One half re-recording of the original Taylor Swift and one half is TS12, a juxtaposition of Taylor Swift of 2006 with Taylor Swift of 2025.

:suburban:

You had me in the first half there. First Testament should actually be loaded up with enough vault tracks to make a double or triple album. There are so many good leaked songs from back then, and I assume even more good ones we've never heard. 

TS12 kinda needs to be a quieter acoustic-pop, country-ish album for a lowkey era before she goes all out with a massive pop smasha era with TS13. Hm. 

i die at that lyric in smallest man where she says he's small in every measure of a man 🍆 :rip: she is so messy sometimes

• Haha 4

Just now, Achilles. said:

You had me in the first half there. First Testament should actually be loaded up with enough vault tracks to make a double or triple album. There are so many good leaked songs from back then, and I assume even more good ones we've never heard. 

TS12 kinda needs to be a quieter acoustic-pop, country-ish album for a lowkey era before she goes all out with a massive pop smasha era with TS13. Hm. 

My previous opinion was to do a double/triple album with unreleased material, but I think it would be an acceptable time to revisit country with new eyes.

One slip and falling back into the hedge maze

How dare you think it's romantic / Leaving me safe and stranded 

Have we talked about these callbacks to Wonderland and New Romantics? 

Ugh the implications :jonny5:

• Like 2

American Teenager would've been a cruel summer sized smash if it was the lead single for TTPD

49 minutes ago, Miss Fortune said:

Okay. I was very late to the album cos of personal reasons but I have now listened thru 4 times.

Here are my current low-tier tracks. 

• My Boy Only Breaks His Favorite Toys
  • Fresh Out Of The Slammer
  • I Can Fix Him 
  • Chloe / Sam / Sophia
  • Peter 

I do feel as if 31 songs was v. long and I actually wish she'd released them 1 week separately from each other as they are very clearly 2 different halves and need their own time to digest. 

How are you guys getting yourself to listen to the whole album? It feels really hard to appreciate it as if you start at the beginning, you are a bit fatigued. Shuffle it?! Start at random points?! ANy ideas?

I made chapters lol. Some songs just go so well together.

I put the bops in 1 playlist, the saddest ones into another, and the scathing lyrics into 1.

And sometimes a melody just stuck in my head, so I just play that 1 song repeatedly lol.

3 minutes ago, Vespertine said:

Have we talked about these callbacks to Wonderland and New Romantics? 

Why does "hedge maze" give you Wonderland when that's basically the definition of a Labyrinth. 

The New Romantics reference has been widely discussed across media. I was actually shocked Chats & Reacts missed it on first listen. It's not subtle. 

Oh I fear I'm having second single conversations with myself (one item in a long string things I've mumbled to myself about this album over the past week). My thoughts are as follows on the songs with even an ounce of potential, underlined are a bit likelier:

Title Track - Would be a wild card and would require very heavy handed whacking (hopefully they would just melon-scoop the entire second verse out nnn), and this song is the root of the "this album sounds too reductive because of Jack narrative", but IION worked and this is basically a cousin. 

My Boy - Would probably work well for radio, but it would be another Unconditionally given how clearly the fans are rejecting it on streaming. Could work third or fourth if Taylor wants to take things that far, but I have a feeling this will be a shorter era. 

Down Bad - Has a lot of potential and is seemingly getting the streaming push (it's on a lot of the Apple Music playlists and Spotify's Hot Hits USA playlist, for instance). Oomf said SZA remix and I do agree that would probably sound excellent and would be a smash smash

BDILH - This initially had the playlist slots that DB has now which makes me think it was the original focus but... a radio edit would be brutal and I don't think the chorus works for pop radio

Florida - Has like six words in its chorus, and Florence is probably a wee bit of radio poison, but this is another fan favorite that I'm sure they're at least considering

GAS? - She might not want to push a masturbatory fantasy anthem, but I think she should. I think she should cut the bridge from like 2:37-2:55 to bring the length down but still allows for a bit of a stripped back moment but this is really really really giving like classic hit energy to me. 

ICDIWABH - Ugh see I'd personally hate this (not because I dislike the song, but because I think radio audiences would burn on it quickly), but it's probably the second most likely choice at this point. 

The Alchemy - Has a very strong chorus but there's like 45 seconds of a pretty slow verse to get there and that's just giving channel change time...

So, in order of what I want to be second most to least:

GAS?

Down Bad

My Boy

Florida

TTPD

ICDIWABH

Unfortunately, I really really really do fear that it's gonna be ICDI. If that ends up happening, I will just pretend to be happy about it and move on, but know that I hope it flops

:clack:

Edited by wastedpotential

3 minutes ago, Achilles. said:

Why does "hedge maze" give you Wonderland when that's basically the definition of a Labyrinth. 

The New Romantics reference has been widely discussed across media. I was actually shocked Chats & Reacts missed it on first listen. It's not subtle. 

Hmmm "hedge maze" summoned Wonderland in my mind visually. But I admittedly don't like Labyrinth and never listen to her, so I didn't even think of her :deadbanana2: 

I enjoy ME!dnights for sure, but now that we have a much better album, I can safely admit there are like 4-5 solid skips on it for me :heart2: 

• Haha 1

This is her best lyric ever I fear. The way it beautifully combines with her vocal delivery. I am still shaking.

If long suffering propriety

Is what they want from me

They don't know how you've haunted me

So stunningly

oprah-crying.gif

7 minutes ago, Achilles. said:

4 minutes ago, Vespertine said:

Hmmm "hedge maze" summoned Wonderland in my mind visually. But I admittedly don't like Labyrinth and never listen to her, so I didn't even think of her :deadbanana2: 

I enjoy ME!dnights for sure, but now that we have a much better album, I can safely admit there are like 4-5 solid skips on it for me :heart2: 

nnn I love y'all having a bit of nuanced hedge maze conversation when... at least in the context of the song...

Spoiler
Spoiler

my first thought was pubic bush

:ryan3:

:ryan3:

Edited by wastedpotential
  • Haha 3

the way she went from early 2000s pop/rock with So High School to a full folklorian moment with I Hate It Here she deserves JAIL

whitney-crack-is-wack.gif?w=700

8 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

ICDIWABH - Ugh see I'd personally hate this (not because I dislike the song, but because I think radio audiences would burn on it quickly), but it's probably the second most likely choice at this point. 

If they loved Karma they should like this too. 

But yeah I want this and Horny As Hell. 

• Like 1

Were you sent by someone WHO WANTED ME DEAD?

DID YOU SLEEP WITH A GUN UNDERNEATH OUR BED?

Instagram Updates - Page 1704 - Latest News - LanaBoards - Lana Del Rey  Forum

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Enough time has gone and this is her best album

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.