Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT'

Almodusa

13 minutes ago, TayDine1989 said:

SMASHAA. 11-17 are so close :bird:A full top 14 perhaps?

Didn't they underestimate her last time? I remember we were worried, but Billboard  said she would've occupied the entire top 10 with streaming alone. 

• Like 1

• Replies 50.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

1 minute ago, NoOneDiesFromLove said:

It's insane to be living in the release week of Taylor's magnum opus and her biggest sales week… 

Imagine being a hater. I can't!

• Like 1

I Can Do It With Mixed Reviews smashing like this is so funny to me. Jack truly will never lose. :dies:

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, DevilsRollTheDice said:

May 18: The Black Dog

May 19: Gillette 1 (Should've Said No, Better Man)

May 20: Gillette 2 (Question, Invisible)

May 21: Gillette 3 (I Think He Knows, Red)

May 22: —

May 23: —

May 24: Florida!!!

May 25: —

May 26: Metlife 1 (Getaway Car, Maroon)

May 27: Metlife 2 (Holy Ground, False God)

May 28: Metlife 3 (Welcome to New York, Clean)

May 29: —

May 30: —

May 31: Fresh Out The Slammer

Jun 1: —

Jun 2: Chicago 1 (I Wish You Would, the lakes)

The deadly SSN / Better Man combo being a continuation of the emotion borne of recording The Black Dog… Getaway Car being the first song in the run up to writing the thematically similar FOTS... There's something to this I suspect. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hello I'm drunk and I love both halves of TTPD, best album :gaycat3:

• Like 7

I really don't wanna indulge too much in the who's who and who's what of these songs but does The Rat seem like someone who shares his location to y'all? :dies:  Be serious pls

Edited by Mandalore
  • Like 2

And when we thought Midnights would be unpacking a lot of lore because of "sleepless nights", only for PTSD and Psych to leak the asylum diagnosis files.

What's happening inside the football lockers Tay? Reveal them next. :jonnycat:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Achilles. said:

The deadly SSN / Better Man combo being a continuation of the emotion borne of recording The Black Dog… Getaway Car being the first song in the run up to writing the thematically similar FOTS... There's something to this I suspect. 

Someone lock her up on Metlife every Spring!

May 26: Metlife 1 (Getaway Car, Maroon)

Taylor nation needs to start putting up digital sales for the alchemy, slammer, smallest man to get that top 15 :wanda:

4 minutes ago, Mandalore said:

I really don't wanna indulge too much in the who's who and who's what of these songs but does The Rat seem like someone who shares his location to y'all? :dies:  Be serious pls

Yeah TBD is unambiguously a Joever song and the people trying to convince themselves it's about Ratty are deluding themselves and are trying to find connections that just aren't there. Why on earth would Taylor have recorded that song three days after being spotted leaving Electric Lady with Matty and several weeks before the breakup news hit the presses :gaycat7: 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SleepingTigers said:

Taylor nation needs to start putting up digital sales for the alchemy, slammer, smallest man to get that top 15 :wanda:

She should have done vinyl singles for each track and I would've bought every single one.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Life Savers said:

GAS is too close to Like That in predictions. Time to activate the streaming farms  :giraffe:

A lot of other fanbases are about to have Like That at #1 on their Spotify Wrapped :gaycat3:

• Haha 2

Aaron KNOWS how to highlight her vocals and melodies.

Thank you King. Ugh excited for your Sweet Tea & God's Graces (Taylor's Version).

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I might legitimately like every single song on the album. The melodies, the lyrics, it's all so layered and clever.

• Like 9

18 minutes ago, DevilsRollTheDice said:

Didn't they underestimate her last time? I remember we were worried, but Billboard  said she would've occupied the entire top 10 with streaming alone. 

yup! BB said the streams were enough for her to secure the full top 10. I saw someone point out that paid streams weigh more than free streams and that was the reason why Midnights tracks' streams weighed more. Idk if its true but it kinda made sense

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Achilles. said:

Black Dog a Joe song confirmed!

No skips on the standard. Sorry, these are the facts.

7 minutes ago, justin. said:

A lot of other fanbases are about to have Like That at #1 on their Spotify Wrapped :gaycat3:

Imagine your enemy being so powerful that the most you can do against her is mass stream a song to prevent... an album track from being #10 :bibliahh:

No wonder the OTH are spiraling and faux stanning a bald incel youtuber for the week.

Edited by Life Savers
  • Haha 2

Quilty As Sin and But Daddy I Love Him really deserve MV's and have to be singles. Easily 2 standouts in terms of quality. I don't care if GP likes Down Bad & ICDIWABH more. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, SharGaga said:

Quilty As Sin and But Daddy I Love Him really deserve MV's and have to be singles. Easily 2 standouts in terms of quality. I don't care if GP likes Down Bad & ICDIWABH more. 

SharGaga is right, and SharGaga should say it! Someone call Taylor Nation!

• Haha 1

So like…did anyone else catch that holy ground and but daddy I love him are essentially the same song👀

• Confused 3

Taylor is kinda known to listen to criticism and stuff....I kinda worry she'll listen to the critics telling her to slow down a bit or whatever they were saying.... :( 

having atleast one album from her every two years is like the ONLY reliable and guaranteed thing in my life :cries: They can't strip that away from us by pressuring her...

I wonder if after Reputa TV and Self Titled TV she will actually heed to their criticism and take it slow while she works on her movie too....I'd kinda hate that :'( I know she can't be THIS insanely productive forever but yeah...

3 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

Taylor is kinda known to listen to criticism and stuff....I kinda worry she'll listen to the critics telling her to slow down a bit or whatever they were saying....

As long as she releases rep TV before that. She's given us so much music in the past 4 years, I will forgive her if she has to take 2 years this time instead of 1 year 6 months to give us a new album.

:ryan3:

• ATRL Moderator

After a few days...I'm genuinely in love with this album and it's lowkey in her Top 5 or 6 for me.  It feels way more essential to her canon than Midnights did (which i think is a good album, but outside of a handful of highlights and most of the 3 AM tracks, it kinda felt like Taylor by the numbers?).  This has more heart and grit to it, which I really love.  

• Like 9

Okay. I was very late to the album cos of personal reasons but I have now listened thru 4 times.

Here are my current low-tier tracks. 

• My Boy Only Breaks His Favorite Toys
  • Fresh Out Of The Slammer
  • I Can Fix Him 
  • Chloe / Sam / Sophia
  • Peter 

I do feel as if 31 songs was v. long and I actually wish she'd released them 1 week separately from each other as they are very clearly 2 different halves and need their own time to digest. 

How are you guys getting yourself to listen to the whole album? It feels really hard to appreciate it as if you start at the beginning, you are a bit fatigued. Shuffle it?! Start at random points?! ANy ideas?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.