Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT'

Almodusa

1 hour ago, Arrows said:

The fact that she specifically said she’d been keeping this album a secret for two years makes me think it’s very different from Midnights. If she was knowingly working on two albums at once, it would make sense that they were different genres.

I think, there's also a lyrics matter. On Midnights she was kinda writing about Joe, but kinda cryptic and not every song, BUT it's still very unclear. On TTPD she's definately gonna cook him. The only song that she had for Midnights that didn't make the cut even in 3am edition was YLM (was written almost a year before Midnights release), that says a lot, 'cause it's the only shady song about Joe on the record (not counting BeJeWeLeD). She kept it all the way before the final breakup. 
Btw, she could've put YLM on TTPD, but she didn't, even though she was already making TTPD when decided to put out YLM as Midnights's Vault. I think, that means that TTPD sonically is too far from YLM, so it's not synth pop. 

• Like 8

• Replies 50.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

23 minutes ago, every1blinks said:

I had a nightmare that The Manuscript, The Bolter, and any other potential bonuses were just spoken-word poems :gaycat6:

why a nightmare ? her Violet Bent Backwards Over The Grass is coming :clap3:  

41 minutes ago, Cleanromantic said:

it was me, I said that. I'm always correct and my opinions are always right :ryan3:

You’re always spilling so that checks out :ryan3:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, BloodLuster said:

I think I saw a TTPD book that supposedly made by T. Swift, but it was probably fake.
Imagine her releasing a book with TTPD lyrics, her thoughts about the songs and some drafts. It would become bestseller in 10 minutes. Capitaylor at her peak :ryan3:

• Like 1

Fresh Out The Slammer is giving me hardcore rock vibes idk :ryan3:

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Maroon legacy said:

I think, there's also a lyrics matter. On Midnights she was kinda writing about Joe, but kinda cryptic and not every song, BUT it's still very unclear. On TTPD she's definately gonna cook him. The only song that she had for Midnights that didn't make the cut even in 3am edition was YLM (was written almost a year before Midnights release), that says a lot, 'cause it's the only shady song about Joe on the record (not counting BeJeWeLeD). She kept it all the way before the final breakup. 
Btw, she could've put YLM on TTPD, but she didn't, even though she was already making TTPD when decided to put out YLM as Midnights's Vault. I think, that means that TTPD sonically is too far from YLM, so it's not synth pop. 

is it confirmed that this is the only song? matty healy confirmed they worked on music together

2 minutes ago, Burqa said:

is it confirmed that this is the only song? matty healy confirmed they worked on music together

They worked on Slvt! together for sure. That’s probably why we didn’t get a MV for 1989 TV

Edited by QueenSerenity
Can’t say the song name apparently

Okay, I almost forgot about this stellar collaboration. Can we have this soft rock punch on Poets? Actually, this sound in spades. :heart2:

• Like 3

Fearless —> Fifteen —-> Love Story 

Coney Island —-> Ivy —-> Cowboy Like Me

are her two best 1-2-3 punches, in my opinion. I honestly couldn’t name one for Folklore simply because the entire album is incredible start to finish. Of course, being a biased Speak Now stan I tried to name one for it too, but I couldn’t because the entire album is just too special to me. :toofunny2:

6 minutes ago, 1989 said:

Fearless —> Fifteen —-> Love Story 

Coney Island —-> Ivy —-> Cowboy Like Me

are her two best 1-2-3 punches, in my opinion. I honestly couldn’t name one for Folklore simply because the entire album is incredible start to finish. Of course, being a biased Speak Now stan I tried to name one for it too, but I couldn’t because the entire album is just too special to me. :toofunny2:

Mine - Sparks Fly - Back to December

Haunted - Last Kiss - Long Live

:WAP:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dear Reader said:

Mine - Sparks Fly - Back to December

Haunted - Last Kiss - Long Live

:WAP:

Those were the first two I thought of as well, but also

Dear John —> Mean —-> The Story Of Us 

Enchanted —-> Better Than Revenge —-> Innocent (yes) 

An album:WAP:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Burqa said:

the day the album was announced i didn't see it until the next morning half asleep and i remember my first thought was that it was a poetry book instead of an album :rip:

We are tortured indeed :suburban:

59 minutes ago, BloodLuster said:

The only Lana release I’ve not heard + I’d demand a refund on the variants. No one bought the OG Target 1989 specifically for voice memos :weeps:

New song lyrics? :rip:

Anyway, I’m going to keep my expectations low and anticipate that this album will be a mix of lover, 1989, and midnights :rip: 

36 minutes ago, What_A_Mess said:

New song lyrics? :rip:

Anyway, I’m going to keep my expectations low and anticipate that this album will be a mix of lover, 1989, and midnights :rip: 

No. This is currently a viral meme 

2 hours ago, every1blinks said:

I had a nightmare that The Manuscript, The Bolter, and any other potential bonuses were just spoken-word poems :gaycat6:

What if the whole album is spoken word poems? The grammy for spoken word album is basically in the bag.

• Haha 1

i hope she keeps the bonus tracks cohesive meaning the other ones start with "The". We've already, gotten THE manuscript and THE bolter, it'd make sense to continue in this direction (or maybe not, knowing Taylor, since she's random af sometimes)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SLUTTVFTV said:

i hope she keeps the bonus tracks cohesive meaning the other ones start with "The". We've already, gotten THE manuscript and THE bolter, it'd make sense to continue in this direction (or maybe not, knowing Taylor, since she's random af sometimes)

She will annouce THE one that got away at the last Sydney show

51 minutes ago, SLUTTVFTV said:

She might. They’ll all need to be short titles to fit in the File Name box on the back of each cover

2 hours ago, What_A_Mess said:

That’s what I fear as well 

I want something different. Give us some experimental masterpieces not the same synth pop from 1989, Lover, and Midnights 

41 minutes ago, chiliam said:

She will annouce THE one that got away at the last Sydney show

*The 1 that Got Away

The next TTPD album variant is going to be announce in Sydney show while the last 2 will be in Singapore.

7 hours ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

Is it confirmed who produced the album?

Jack Antonoff

Aaron Dessner

Louis Bell

Sounwave

Midnights (along rep and Lover) had a lot of her fear of losing Joe, but this album will be about actually losing him, including the final months of the relationship. 

I do think she said she's been keeping this a secret for 2 years cause of the process starting in mid-late 2022 when she finished Midnights, not because she's been actively working on it 2 whole years.

31 minutes ago, Migs30283 said:

Jack Antonoff

Aaron Dessner

Louis Bell

Sounwave

and I’m assuming frank dukes 

• Thanks 1

I fear Taylor is announcing something tomorrow on February 21. (2+2+1+2+0+2+4=13)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.