Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT'

Almodusa

Just now, Mandalore said:

Lmaooooo

Swiftologist really knew what he was doing with his name so casuals believe his reputation.

A HACK!

:ryan3:

No offense @V_E_N_U_S. Happy you're loving the album.

• Replies 50.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

Excuse me, I never agreed to a youtuber being the authoritative voice on Taylor, FOH :khalyan2:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

It's so refreshing to see her switching up her choruses again… ahh classic Taylor. She hasn't really done this since red

Edited by 19SLAYty9
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Squall said:

HDD struggling to update :dies: 

They don't know what to do with the extra 2M pre-orders that were shipped today. 

:suburban:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Taylor fanboy said:

Swiftologist really knew what he was doing with his name so casuals believe his reputation.

A HACK!

I can kinda understand this type of...uh... adulation for Taylor but not for Swifties, please. We're all kinda insane. 

1 minute ago, 19SLAYty9 said:

It's so refreshing to see her switching up her choruses again… ahh classic Taylor. She hasn't really done this since red

Folklore and evermore and even Midnights. WHAT?

What's your 1 sided version of TTPD? 16 tracks allowed only 

spacer.png

7 minutes ago, 19SLAYty9 said:

You might consider revisiting the past decade of her output. 

taylor-swift-the-tortured-poets-departme

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

"Cassandra" is kinda just "Mad Women" with different syntax.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Not the Swiftologist being an authority, please :bibliahh:

• Haha 1

The blend of Taylor and Florence's voices together.... Heavenly I fear

If Florence is somehow a guest for the London dates and they play this live I'm gonna be so MAD!!!  

• Like 1

The more you let this album simmer, the more it reveals its greatness. And it gets even better when you remove all the "lore" from her personal life, which should never be serious for us. I'm so happy Aaron and she linked up way back in 2020 and I'm excited to see where she'll go from here :smallflower:

Edited by hypocrateen
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

THANK GOD she revisited piano in her music after Forever & Always (Piano Version). :weeps:

Everybody say thank New Year's Day.

Edited by Taylor fanboy
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, FameFatale said:

But Daddy I Love Him is kinda going viral on mom tiktok

at least the wine moms got this right :suburban:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Lille said:

"Cassandra" is kinda just "Mad Women" with different syntax.

giphy.gif

In the same way "so high school" is basically "August". I actually thought she'll get clocked for that because The Albatross also sounds like Ivy 

Oprah Winfrey GIF

Edited by Kern

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, Dear Reader said:

I don't know if you're a native English speaker but I guess that puts a different perspective on curse words on songs, no?

I mean, I love all the explicit songs, I don't think I've ever saved a Clean version of a song. To me, it gives emotion and energy to the song, specially on Maroon :gaycat6:

I am a native English speaker. I don't mind cursing in songs, but I feel like sometimes it's just unnecessary. Like "what a shame she's ****ed in the head" is great on Champagne Problems, but sometimes it feels a little like she's cursing just to curse, idk :toofunny3: Like why did she need to say that snow on the beach is "****ing beautiful"? The music is so dreamy that the f-bomb feels out of place to me.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Taylor fanboy said:

A HACK!

Well its working out for him, guy apparently has a sold out show in London to talk about Taylor lol

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, hypocrateen said:

The more you let this album simmer, the more it reveals its greatness. And it gets even better when you remove all the "lore" from her personal life, which should never be serious for us. I'm so happy Aaron and she linked up way back in 2020 and I'm excited to see where she'll go from here :smallflower:

Honestly, I'm enjoying this album much more by taking the lyrics at face value instead of whom the songs about because well...I would rather not think of him.

kid-barf.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Goaty said:

at least the wine moms got this right :suburban:

I know everyday I'm changing favorite but maybe BDILH is the best? I don't know... maybe that or TBD? I don't know everyday is just hit me in a different way, what is this album, not "stupid" songs that ruins a great great album like Quetions...? or Bejeweled (sorry...) 

Just all perfect.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kern said:

In the same way "so high school" is basically "August". I actually thought she'll get clocked for that because The Albatross also sounds like Ivy 

Oprah Winfrey GIF

krackpink.gif

I'm going to have to disagree with you on that one. :suburban:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, skizzo said:

Well its working out for him, guy apparently has a sold out show in London to talk about Taylor lol

Me with a decade of stanning Taylor from buying albums and a streaming farmer for what? Oh the Swiftologist won I fear.

• Haha 3

i think his take is very fair and quite synchronised with most of people here 

1 minute ago, Lille said:

krackpink.gif

I'm going to have to disagree with you on that one. :suburban:

I don't know what syntax is but all those songs do sound similar to each other but they're all good regardless 🤷‍♂️

Just now, Taylor fanboy said:

Me with a decade of stanning Taylor from buying albums and a streaming farmer for what? Oh the Swiftologist won I fear.

We've been mass streaming and buying like some chumps, and for what?:khalyan2:

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.