Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT'

Almodusa

1 minute ago, 19SLAYty9 said:

What's interesting is in store store data / full pre orders data isn't being given… makes me think there might be a surprise at the end of the week 

Imagine if that 2m pre-orders hasn't been reported :ryan3:

• Haha 3

• Replies 50.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

1 minute ago, Post Malone said:

I always kii when she says "spending my last coin" :clack:

She meant "of the day". :clack:

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Arrows said:

I really think the title track is responsible for at least 10 negative points on Metacritic.

It's by far the most Jack-sounding song on the album, it's the title track which automatically makes emblematic of the album, it's track 2 and sets the tone early on, following a pretty similar-sounding track 1.

It also contains the Charlie Puth lyric, the off-putting Matty references and is just a pretty weak track, which the poor streaming updates reflect. 

It's okay, but my least favorite on the album, which imo would've been better off without it.

It doesn't help that we know she wrote lyrics like

You smokеd, then ate seven bars of chocolate
We declared Charlie Puth should be a bigger artist
I scratch your head, you fall asleep
Like a tattooed golden retriever

about this guy:

Spoiler

merlin_211537371_458065e1-a5de-4ed2-ad37

It's so :biblionny: I'm happy for the people who have no idea about who she wrote these lyrics.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Lille said:

It's one of few tracks I think is completely inconsequential (lyrically and musically) to the album. Nothing is gained by keeping it in.

She Always puts a track like this on an album cause She knows there is that 2008 fan follows her for a song like this. As She Always put that kinda of kid bop song herw is that One about the tour cause She knows every album has a fan base of Kids- pop fans and at least One Song doesn't alienate completely her from that.

She's a the master of the confection of a and album for this reason too. 

Edited by vale9001

I'm  really happy for Taylor's success even if I dont love the album. As a swiftie I'm really happy. Congrats Tay Tay   :gaylorcat2:

The way Bloomberg spilled with their article :clap3:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Arrows said:

I really think the title track is responsible for at least 10 negative points on Metacritic.

It's by far the most Jack-sounding song on the album, it's the title track which automatically makes emblematic of the album, it's track 2 and sets the tone early on, following a pretty similar-sounding track 1.

It also contains the Charlie Puth lyric, the off-putting Matty references and is just a pretty weak track, which the poor streaming updates reflect. 

It's okay, but my least favorite on the album, which imo would've been better off without it.

Yes. I've grown to like it, but it's so convoluted even for a fan that I can understand why a casual listener would be put off and disregard the rest of the album. 

Edited by Life Savers
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, ChapelHooker said:

Don't be put off by the title, this is really great review of the album imo. 

exceptionally written review, Craig is incredible :clap3:

41 minutes ago, Arrows said:

I fear that our insider who compared My Boy to I Did Something Bad was actually saying the truth. It's much better than that, but I hear it

That bridge (especially the wo-oh-oh part) is also taken straight out of Fame Monster era Gaga:jonny2: So good

oh my god, this is the first time i see someone post this, but the bridge is SOOO early gaga

• Thanks 1

Down Bad is one of the worst songs she's put out on a standard edition of an album maybe ever for me :emofish: I just cannot find anything I like about that song.

I think the alien themes she uses are interesting but the chorus of the song feels so disjointed from the rest. There's an interesting concept in there but it did not land at all for me. 

6 minutes ago, Bamboo said:

Down Bad is one of the worst songs she's put out on a standard edition of an album maybe ever for me :emofish: I just cannot find anything I like about that song.

I think the alien themes she uses are interesting but the chorus of the song feels so disjointed from the rest. There's an interesting concept in there but it did not land at all for me. 

I don't care for it either. I'm kind of shocked it's getting so much traction. 

My Mom is as GP'ed as they come (her favorite songs are Shallow and Shape Of You:rip:) and she LOVED this album. She was blown away and it was really just so cute: "this has to be the best thing she's EVER done!". She ended up lying in my sofa, eyes closed, taking in every song. And she's never really been that into Taylor before, so I was really surprised. She even said the word "genius" when WAOLOM ended, and brought up Bob Dylan as an artist Taylor reminded her of:heart2:

Thanks for all the magical moments your music brings, Taylor

• Like 9

i blame MIDs for everything 

:clack:

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Walk_Away21 said:

Oh sweetie let me get on my soap box. TLDR version @Taylor fanboy:

• Both Down Bad meanings are used simultaneously. She's Down Bad sad about it ending, BUT still Down Bad for that experience and wants it back. Emily Dickinson is shaking.
  • The alien theme is GIVING the whole song. Beam me up, sparkling dust, experiments on me, chosen one, cosmic love, etc are the obvious ones.
  • "Staring at the sky, come back and pick me up" aka she wants her UFO back.
  • "Just to leave me here naked and alone? In a field in my same old town that somehow seems so hollow now" is giving Signs crop circles.
  • "They'll say I'm nuts if I talk about the existence of you" alien conspiracy theorists
  • "hostile takeovers" is a common alien theme where they abduct you and mind control you
  • "Encounters" Close Encounters of the Third Kind
  • She echos "waving at the ship" at the end aka waving goodbye to the UFO and accepting it

She ******* ate this extraterrestrial concept down. Chats and Reacts you are bones.

katy-perry-the-tortured-poets-department

Oh honey you should write a book. Rob Sheffield is shaking.

Her ET. :WAP:

spacer.png

The way I discover a couple of new songs everyday 

Fortnight + Down Bad

Florida

Imgonnagetyouback 

Guilty As Sin 

Clara Bow 

23 minutes ago, Fama said:

It doesn't help that we know she wrote lyrics like

You smokеd, then ate seven bars of chocolate
We declared Charlie Puth should be a bigger artist
I scratch your head, you fall asleep
Like a tattooed golden retriever

about this guy:

Reveal hidden contents

merlin_211537371_458065e1-a5de-4ed2-ad37

It's so :biblionny: I'm happy for the people who have no idea about who she wrote these lyrics.

Yeah to me TTPD and The Alchemy are instant skips

Just now, Яeo. said:

Yeah to me TTPD and The Alchemy are instant skips

TTPD is very good, The Alchemy is perfect!

PREACH on 'I Can Do It With A Broken Heart'; could've been a 10/10 song with a majestic country production 

i'm so mad at Hack Antonoff because i love the lyrics on this song and he ruined it with that cheap ass production

kim-richards-white-woman.gif 

1:14

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, omrimayo said:

TTPD is very good, The Alchemy is perfect!

The Alchemy sounds like that so happy that my travvy made it to the big game song

44 minutes ago, Miles. said:

PANNED Out The Slammer the one obvious CHOP from the standard version.  The GP showing taste for once :clap3: 

Sis NO it's major mood. :WAP:

I need to hear So High School in a teenage drama, in a scene where the main character is getting ready for school or when she's entering the prom hall. IMMEDIATELY

Purr sonnah nonne Gretta

:suburban:

"Lights, camera, ***** smile,in stilettos for miles"

The way I only now noticed this switch..  :thing:

Fresh Out Slammer is one of the best tracks on the album. A major moment in Taylor's career.

• Like 5

Just now, Arrows said:

Who's Afraid Of Little Old Me? is one of the best tracks on the album. A major moment in Taylor's career.

yes for sure :ryan3:

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.