Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT'

Almodusa

The lucky One 

6 minutes ago, SinnerCity said:

So I've had some time to sat down and listen to the album to see if my initial reaction changed and the songs I liked at first I don't even like them that much anymore.

I feel Taylor has found a comfort zone working with Jack and she doesn't push herself lyrically not melodically as much anymore. 

It's odd but not surprising that I've been enjoying the vault tracks more than the newer studio albums sans a few Midnight tracks.

I sometimes wish Swifties didn't mass buy everything she releases because I would love for her to have that creative urge to prove something again.

Speak Now, Red, 1989, Reputation, Folkore, they all shared that 'I've got something to prove' sort of feeling and I'm hoping Taylor can tap into that mindset in the future. Perhaps we do need a commercial decline for Taylor to take us into her next disruptive chapter artistically speaking.

Red wasn't that urgent. Red is basically the same indentical formula of speak now plus a couple of teen bopz song. 

Maybe She doesn't have anything to prove anymore or every year so right now She Just write what She feels, makes music with her Friends and Happy with that. If people want to buy It Is there, if next time they won't no One force then.

Most artist don't make 8 albums in all their career. 

• Replies 50.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

8 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

The lucky One 

Red wasn't that urgent. Red is basically the same indentical formula of speak now plus a couple of teen bopz song. 

Maybe She doesn't have anything to prove anymore or every year so right now She Just write what She feels, makes music with her Friends and Happy with that. If people want to buy It Is there, if next time they won't no One force then.

Most artist don't make 8 albums in all their career. 

react_confused.png

• Haha 4

So High School makes me think of 00s Avril soooo much :jonny5:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TaylenaStan said:

react_confused.png

What's new about Red. It's a better album, the more mature version of SN and define her lyricsm better than anything but it'all pop rock, country narrative Songs. She made two very similar albums back to back and kinda felt stale at that point, She got that and then came with her most "shocking" change in her career. 

Red It's an Evolution in maturity but at the same time was "safe" as step. If you took off the pop Songs people here would react exactly with the same "her music Is Always the same" with Red After speak  now(and in part them after fearless too).

Edited by vale9001

I love this album and think it's a(nother) career-defining magnum opus for her, but I do think it would have benefited from just a couple more pure pop bops.  ICDIWABH is really the only one.  A lot of my friends who are casual Swift fans are saying things like "It's a great album, but not one of my favorites."  They are missing the Cruel Summer / Anti-Hero / Don't Blame Me type songs. 

For me personally, the perfect tracklist would've been:

1. Max Martin Bop

2. Max Martin Bop

3. Fortnight

4. TTPD

5. How Did It End

6. My Boy Only Breaks His Favorite Toys

7. Down Bad

8. But Daddy I Love Him

9. The Albatross

10. Florida

11. Guilty As Sin

12. Who's Afraid Of Little Old Me

13. Cassandra

14. I Can Do It With A Broken Heart

15. The Smallest Man Who Ever Lived

16. The Alchemy

17. Max Martin Bop

18. The Black Dog

19. The Prophecy

20. Clara Bow

11 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

What's new about Red. It's a better album, the more mature version of SN and define her lyricsm better than anything but it'all pop rock, country narrative Songs. She made two very similar albums back to back and kinda felt stale at that point, She got that and then came with her most "shocking" change in her career. 

Red It's an Evolution in maturity but at the same time was "safe" as step. If you took off the pop Songs people here would react exactly with the same "her music Is Always the same" with Red After speak  now(and in part them after fearless too).

I guess in a sense you are right, i just thought it sounded a bit condescending towards RED :suburban:
If we're talking sonically then the only huge shift was 1989 (although she always had been leaning towards pop and RED had some of her first true full on pop songs so you could see the shift to pure pop coming) and folklore (also the biggest shift lyrically)
Now we need TS12 the rock album :gaycat1:TTPD has exhausted the synthpop and the Anthology side the more piano/folk sound, like i would love another folklore/evermore/anthology style album in the future but for now i have enough of this sound for atleast 5 years 
i could see her eventually, in 20 years or so, dive even deeper into the folk world and make complete fictional concept albums :loki:

Edited by TaylenaStan

Damn the way fantano dragged this 

:gaycat6:

4 minutes ago, Bad_vocal_technique said:

Damn the way fantano dragged this 

:gaycat6:

He listed The Black Dog as worst song :rip:anyways

• Haha 1

It's astounding how Taylor has to redefine her sound every time for people to be happy. And yet even if she did they'd still be unhappy. It's really the weight of being the top ***** in the game for so long. 

• Like 10

My signed CD just came unsigned & I am FUMING :deadbanana4:

Truly ngaf about reviews. I mean I get it, I personally believe this is her BEST album ever and would love for it to get the love it deserved but it doesn't change the fact that I'm f******* floored every time I play it, that I keep going back and forth between favorites, that I keep finding new moments and lyrics and clever tricks I adore. 

I mean this is her 11th album, normal artists at this point are playing it safe or releasing some of the most egregious dogs*** you can find, she's expanding her sound and delivering her best lyrics I just.... I truly can't with her. She has my soul in a chokehold. 

• Like 12

I think the quality of the standard tracklist is consistent and strong like any Taylor albums, it's just that there is no "title track" (kpop), like a main banger that is truly the flagship of the album. The deluxe though… gown beautiful except for 4-5 songs

• Thanks 2

Someone can tell me what Is the 4 days Total streams on Spotify? 

1 minute ago, Post Malone said:

I think the quality of the standard tracklist is consistent and strong like any Taylor albums, it's just that there is no "title track" (kpop), like a main banger that is truly the flagship of the album. The deluxe though… gown beautiful except for 4-5 songs

We need her to give Teddy a call for the rep vault,  her DDU-DU DDU-DU is coming:loki:

billie-eilish-is-fucking-OVER.thumb.gif.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Post Malone said:

I agree 100%.

But since the second part at least until now It's "given for free" i'm ok with the concept you release the Songs you have. I don't really like **** you amy and High school and some of the others are not that special for me but neither something you Say "why She releases something so bad" so It's ok to release It. 

Edited by vale9001

2 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

Someone can tell me what Is the 4 days Total streams on Spotify? 

795.7m total

• Like 3

Anyone know which album tracks are pulling ahead in streams? I really want Guilty as Sin? to be doing well, it keeps coming up on my tik tok and it's my fav on the album.

• Thanks 1

Finally back in this thread! On my first listen, I knew it: this is her best album. Every single track between My Boy and the Albatross is completely perfect - and that's an unbroken run of 17 songs that I loved on the first listen. That's never happened on a Taylor album before. 

I'm just completely perplexed about the mixed response to this album, although I know I shouldn't put much weight on the opinions of a few journalists. I'm just so happy about being confident in my love for this album, which I never was with any of her other albums. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dear Reader said:

795.7m total

Oh why i thought around 100M less? Well so 1B first week Is secured with 2 day more. 

The way imgonnagetyouback is a Fiona Apple knock off so soon after Olivia did it, whew. Taylor's off-brand version is much much better than Olivia's though.

• Haha 1

I fear that our insider who compared My Boy to I Did Something Bad was actually saying the truth. It's much better than that, but I hear it

That bridge (especially the wo-oh-oh part) is also taken straight out of Fame Monster era Gaga:jonny2: So good

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

Oh why i thought around 100M less? Well so 1B first week Is secured with 2 day more. 

We still have 3 days of streams. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday

5 minutes ago, greento said:

Anyone know which album tracks are pulling ahead in streams? I really want Guilty as Sin? to be doing well, it keeps coming up on my tik tok and it's my fav on the album.

THE_TORTURED_POETS_DEPARTMENT_THE_ANTHOL

Wow Swifties lowkey hate Fresh Out the Slammer relative to its tracklist placement :deadbanana2: I love her! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vespertine said:

THE_TORTURED_POETS_DEPARTMENT_THE_ANTHOL

Wow Swifties lowkey hate Fresh Out the Slammer relative to its tracklist placement :deadbanana2: I love her! 

Not that there is a weak song on this perfect album but for me it's second to last along with Robin. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, greento said:

Another godly as hymn stan:1stplace: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.