Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT'

Almodusa

just did a go-with-my-guts song ranker and the results are really accurate but im scared of posting it 

• Replies 50.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

I don't get why people hate this album because Taylor is being "messy" and chaotic in it or saying things like "she should've kept this in her diary, etc."

That's part of what makes it so good. :clap3:I love hearing her so vulnerable and exposing of her own flaws. She's a fun anti-hero.

• Like 7

You look like Katy Perry

With her pixie cut

Caught in a creative rut

Of every joke she is the butt

katy-perry-the-tortured-poets-department

• Haha 7

So I look in people's windows like I'm some deranged weirdo

GIF taylor swift watching looking - animated GIF on GIFER - by Rexraven

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Walk_Away21 said:

Oh ***** we are on the same page with that. I love Miss Flo, but it's giving No Body No Crime. Aka a lowlight on Evermore. At least Florence didn't get Haim'd.

No Body No Christ is the one skip on evermore (still a 9/10, but everything else is an 11/10 and I have places to BE), I truly don't know what possessed Taylor to put a country murder ballad featuring those Haim girls onto her (prev.) magnum opus, but it was not the right decision. That should've been saved for her TS12 country return :gaycat4: 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChapelHooker said:

just did a go-with-my-guts song ranker and the results are really accurate but im scared of posting it 

Release the evidence.

it's criminal The Prophecy isn't on the main tracklisting. it sonically fits so well with Slammer, I Can Fix Him and Who's Afraid of Taylor Woolf.

1 minute ago, pinkbowvintage said:

She's a fun anti-hero.

Cassandra warned us that it's exhausting rooting for those, hence why so many people are turning now. 

1 minute ago, pinkbowvintage said:

I don't get why people hate this album because Taylor is being "messy" and chaotic in it or saying things like "she should've kept this in her diary, etc."

That's part of what makes it so good. :clap3:I love hearing her so vulnerable and exposing of her own flaws. She's a fun anti-hero.

You would think being primed with the Speak Now re-recording these fools would have been ready for these stunning diaristic expressions but you can't account for a lack of taste 

:clack:

• Like 3

Just now, Kyle-x said:

You would think being primed with the Speak Now re-recording these fools would have been ready for these stunning diaristic expressions but you can't account for a lack of taste 

This is her Sylvia Plath/Virginia Woolf/Yellow Wallpaper album where she goes full scorched earth with her wildest thoughts and I live for it.

• Like 2

JMhUUJW.png

nicki.png

Just now, ChapelHooker said:

JMhUUJW.png

nicki.png

The absolute BOP that is The Alchemy aka Style's depressed sister-cousin being 29th is upsetting me but I can accept it  nicki.png

1 minute ago, ChapelHooker said:

JMhUUJW.png

nicki.png

I was ready to drag you, but it's so hard to rank the bottom. There's only a few songs I'd be sure I'd place there. It heavily depends on mood.

• Like 1

Just now, pinkbowvintage said:

The absolute BOP that is The Alchemy aka Style's depressed sister-cousin being 29th is upsetting me but I can accept it  nicki.png

the entire list could look quite different tomorrow but The Alchemy will unfortunately never get higher than that nicki.png

you know, the more I think of this album as her "hysterical woman" project (the asylum imagery couldn't be more apppropriate) where she just FULLY LEANS INTO all her manic, unlady-like and "unacceptable" thoughts and all the terrible things people think about her, the more I love it.

She was clearly inspired by a lot of so-called "crazy" and "difficult" women before her in making this. It's such an homage to them. :clap3:

Edited by pinkbowvintage
  • Like 5

21 minutes ago, pinkbowvintage said:

so what's the best bridge on the album?

my vote is for The Smallest Man Who Ever Lived :jonny5:

The bridges of The Black Dog and Peter are up there for sure :jonny:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pinkbowvintage said:

you know, the more I think of this album as her "hysterical woman" project (the asylum imagery couldn't be more apppropriate) where she just FULLY LEANS INTO all her manic, unlady-like and "unacceptable" thoughts and all the terrible things people think about her, the more I love it.

She was clearly inspired by a lot of so-called "crazy" and "difficult" women before her in making this. It's such an homage to them. :clap3:

Xtina you will always be famous.

12 minutes ago, pinkbowvintage said:

oh Who's Afraid of Little Old Me? is hitting hard tonight

it's part of my imagined "angry cowgirl/Wild West" trilogy which includes Fresh Out the Slammer, this one and I Can Fix Him (No I Really Can)

It's not just a trilogy it's the whole middle of the album, tracks 6-11.

Which coincidentally is the part of the album that tells the story of getting back together with Matty / the backlash / right up until he ghosts her. 

Her outlaw era.

• Thanks 1

All you've ever be is my eternal consolation prize

:clap3:

I Hate It Here such a beautiful song. Sick of people hyperfixating on the 1830s line.

Edited by pinkbowvintage

I fear MBOBHFT is hitting hard this morning :jonnycat: genuinely changing fixation every day how does she do it... How....

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, TROPICUM said:

ngl i'm kinda fuming the anthology was less well received by critics than the main album

But it has a higher score? (not that it matters)

Aaron is now one of her elite employees for evermore

1bd3cc024a3a57ffd584297f95a674e6c91911ac

The Alchemy didn't click for me until I saw the edits on Tik Tok I'll be honest. The hornier eldest sister that is writing fanfiction about the pot smoking bad boy in homeroom of the activated social justice warrior Miss Americana & The Heartbreak Prince middle child that is just starting high school. Then You Belong with Me is the dork youngest sister in middle school that will grow up to the be a supermodel.

Edited by Kyle-x
  • Haha 2

can we show a little love for the super clever wordplay in the first verse of Down Bad where she experiences "cosmic love" after being beamed up by metaphorical aliens and experimented on...only to be sent DOWN back to earth. to the mundane gym. it's too good.

• Like 3

Also mark my words, imgonnagetyouback will become a classic. Just give it a few years.

• Like 1

I Can Fix Him seems to have landed at my 31st spot.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.