Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT'

Almodusa

3 minutes ago, Redstreak said:

Is there any chance of a Spotify increase or is that too delulu with these high numbers

On monday they always increase from sunday. The point is how much. Let's see. 

• Replies 50.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

10 minutes ago, Kitboga said:

Did u guys see the billboard new article on the day2-3 sales of TTOD? Apparently she only moved 100k physical in those 2 days? Clearly this ain't the case. Anybody know What's going on? 

Impossible, especially with RSD taking place. Clearly some sort of 1989 TV release week type of situation. HDD just said 2.3M is the minimum predicted for her first week.

Just now, Redstreak said:

Is there any chance of a Spotify increase or is that too delulu with these high numbers

Midnights increased on its 4th day, so yeah, TTPD will most likely increase on tomorrow's update.

4 hours ago, fridayteenage said:

How do people feel about the loud drum banging every time they shout Florida!!! in that song?

I find it jarring and one of my least favorite elements of the whole album

It made it become SOTY for me. I was screaming out loud at that part on 1st listen. SOTY.

I hate how it is being panned by some places when it's obvious they're just jumping on the it's cool to hate Taylor bandwagon. 

A 10/100 is ridiculous. It is OBJECTIVELY not that bad. I can't remember listening to an album that bad in years. These people should not be critics.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

if i were to rank her albums discography:

1. Speak Now
  2. Red
  3. Reputation
  4. 1989
  5. Fearless
  6. Folklore / Evermore
  7. Taylor Swift
  8. Lover
  9. TTPD / The Anthology
  10. Midnights

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, MardinBeksloy said:

panned album in years, haters flocking to critics thread, promo no where to be seen, yet queen still sold 2.5M album with 1B streams first week. She will ALWAYS win. 

The point is the panned thing It's not true. While fans weren't really not streaming rep in 2018 this won't be the case. And radio are loving her so yeah next months will be fun for us :jonnycat:

1 hour ago, PoisonedIvy said:

The Carters ARE billionaires that's the funny thing :deadvision: And it shouldn't matter, we're not asking for them to get dragged also, we're asking for it to not afflict the conversation. But as we see with the private jets, other offenders don't get the same vitriol blondie gets 

This is what happens when you are the most popular artist on the planet earth! 

20 minutes ago, sweetkiss said:

thanks,

ill try to imagine this perspective cause song is otherwise good

i hate that most songs have no meloody, just reading (soft spoken poetry) 

there are definitely melodies in this album, they're just subtler and not huge pop hooks. the more you listen the more you'll hear them!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, P!NK2LOVE said:

Okay, I'm going to do a super long rant now. 

Usually I'm not one to get lost in a narrative like the one that has transpired over the last few months here on ATRL. But enough is enough. This will be the only time I'm commenting on this ****, because that's what it is. S H I T.

For EVERY album release cycle here since 2020 (evermore), Swifties, casual listeners and just common pop culture enthusiasts have had to listen to and endure the pure SPEW that comes from the OTHs mouths on here. Trying to downplay EVERY single success this woman has. I know she is a billionaire etc. etc. and we shouldn't be feeling that sorry for her and I DON'T, it's just so funny but at times concerting to read and consume.

I've NEVER seen a bunch of people that focus SO MUCH. SO MUCH. Of their energies (collective stanbases) on the takedown of one woman who is at the TOP of her game. She is THERE because she is GOOD. She has GOOD intentions. That is why she has such a LARGE proportion of fans. And for those to say that she is only HUGE because of GIRLS and WHITE WOMEN are wrong. But even if that were the caee - what's so wrong with that? In this ****** up world we live in, are we not allowed to be escapists? Is it Taylor's fault that her ARTISTRY and CONNECTION with her fans is so ridiculed? It's giving internalised misogny. This has been going on FOREVER.

I used to find it exhausting sticking up for her but I don't care anymore. She might not be the best vocalist or the best performer but that's what makes her so so contagious. It's her STORY, her MELODIES, her LYRICS, her LIFE LESSONS that she shares so honestly. 

Crossing 2.3 million sales (or as the prediction reads, idk it's hard to keep up this week lol), is ******* FANTASTIC. But because it's not beating Adele it's not considered the best? Or because she released a double album its calculated? Like **** off with this ****. 

All our girls shine. In their own ways.

But STOP being so ******* BITTER and JEALOUS of the fact that...

TAYLOR

ALISON

SWIFT

...will ALWAYS be number one.

Get ******* used to it, fools.

:giraffe:

• Thanks 1

Just now, Black Sunflower said:

I hate how it is being panned by some places when it's obvious they're just jumping on the it's cool to hate Taylor bandwagon. 

A 10/100 is ridiculous. It is OBJECTIVELY not that bad. I can't remember listening to an album that bad in years. These people should not be critics.

It's okay. Many of the Beatles albums had polarized reviews at the height of their fame. Similar to them, all of Taylor's albums seem to rise in stature with time.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, sweetkiss said:

can someone explain it to me how someone who wrote the man writes about themselves being a toy in "my boy breaks his favorite toys"

she says, "put me back on the shelf' referring to herself as an object

well human beings are complex.

Edited by Venice B
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, P!NK2LOVE said:

Okay, I'm going to do a super long rant now. 

Usually I'm not one to get lost in a narrative like the one that has transpired over the last few months here on ATRL. But enough is enough. This will be the only time I'm commenting on this ****, because that's what it is. S H I T.

For EVERY album release cycle here since 2020 (evermore), Swifties, casual listeners and just common pop culture enthusiasts have had to listen to and endure the pure SPEW that comes from the OTHs mouths on here. Trying to downplay EVERY single success this woman has. I know she is a billionaire etc. etc. and we shouldn't be feeling that sorry for her and I DON'T, it's just so funny but at times concerting to read and consume.

I've NEVER seen a bunch of people that focus SO MUCH. SO MUCH. Of their energies (collective stanbases) on the takedown of one woman who is at the TOP of her game. She is THERE because she is GOOD. She has GOOD intentions. That is why she has such a LARGE proportion of fans. And for those to say that she is only HUGE because of GIRLS and WHITE WOMEN are wrong. But even if that were the caee - what's so wrong with that? In this ****** up world we live in, are we not allowed to be escapists? Is it Taylor's fault that her ARTISTRY and CONNECTION with her fans is so ridiculed? It's giving internalised misogny. This has been going on FOREVER.

I used to find it exhausting sticking up for her but I don't care anymore. She might not be the best vocalist or the best performer but that's what makes her so so contagious. It's her STORY, her MELODIES, her LYRICS, her LIFE LESSONS that she shares so honestly. 

Crossing 2.3 million sales (or as the prediction reads, idk it's hard to keep up this week lol), is ******* FANTASTIC. But because it's not beating Adele it's not considered the best? Or because she released a double album its calculated? Like **** off with this ****. 

All our girls shine. In their own ways.

But STOP being so ******* BITTER and JEALOUS of the fact that...

TAYLOR

ALISON

SWIFT

...will ALWAYS be number one.

Get ******* used to it, fools.

YARN | Yes. Well. Who's hungry? | Jurassic Park | Video gifs by quotes |  e0e4bee1 | 紗

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Black Sunflower said:

There are proof they gave a vote only with the intent to damage the vote. I think people should contact metacritic and make them delete It cause It clearly not something professional. 

The fact the part 2 has a 70 or 73 doesn't change anything for It but this kind of behaviour should be reported imo.

Edited by vale9001
  • Thanks 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, RobynYoBank said:

It's okay. Many of the Beatles albums had polarized reviews at the height of their fame. Similar to them, all of Taylor's albums seem to rise in stature with time.

This is definitely her White Album. 

If we are talking about Fleetwood Mac: it's her Tusk. 

Her My December if Kelly

• Like 1

Just now, Tusk said:

Her My December if Kelly

She and Beyonce both released their White Albums within weeks of one another. :gaylorcat2:

The bolter is the best of the variant sings and yall aren't ready for that convo

:khalyan2:

Just now, Tusk said:

Her My December if Kelly

White album was divisive but more than that the same things people are saying are defects here i would Say more abbey Road. 

But i get what you mean cause this is an album where She made things and She said everything It's gonna be there whatever It sounds and i won't cut anything 

there is finally melody on i can do it with broken heart, and its such a great track

5/5

The melodies are subtle but strong on TTPD.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, RobynYoBank said:

Taylor's team ain't sharing the numbers with them yet. :alexz2:

Need them to trick HDD bamboozling everyone with them, and only report everything to BB at the end of the week, so this could be us next sunday

ericthnkr.gif

• Haha 1

Oh wow, it's not quite as good as A Strange Boy, but I just realized I Can Fix Him plays soooo nicely with:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RobynYoBank said:

The melodies are subtle but strong on TTPD.

Her problem is that she does the same melody over and over again, I'm listening to alchemy, that type of singing in the chorus she has done not just on this album but on previous ones. if i didn't hear it from her already 3, million times it would be fine, it's just repetitive if it's repeated more than 2 times (from any artist, not just her)

33 minutes ago, RobynYoBank said:

Taylor's team ain't sharing the numbers with them yet. :alexz2:

If that's true, why do you think that is? Maybe she's making a move? Maybe she's got some trick up her sleeve? 

perhaps there's a possibility that her team crunched the numbers and calculated that the max she'd get is 2.9m, so they thought "whatever, 2.1m or 2.9m first week it doesn't make a difference, might as well save some copies for week2", but then all the claptrap "Reviews" came out and she's like "fu,ck it, I'm giving Monte lip man a call, we're gonna make a move" :biblionny:

Edited by Kitboga

10 minutes ago, RobynYoBank said:

She and Beyonce both released their White Albums within weeks of one another. :gaylorcat2:

Idk about that, CC is getting universal acclaim. 

• Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.