Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT'

Almodusa

13 minutes ago, style17 said:

I worry that this release is getting boring and I worry it may be the case for the GP too. We need a lead. :suburban:

Hasn’t it only been 2 weeks?  I feel like we said this about midnights and 1989 TV too.  

• Replies 50.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

1 hour ago, Solaria said:

Anyone else think that Down Bad snippet sounds like So It Goes?

whatever "leak" stays on tik tok for more than 10 minutes without being cancelled it's indeed fake. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, style17 said:

I worry that this release is getting boring and I worry it may be the case for the GP too. We need a lead. :suburban:

You think the GP gives a **** at all about an album before it's released? :suburban:

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Klein said:

Make it more interesting. This is for the "late" Swifties, what are the top 5 moments you wish you could have lived through/experienced as a Swiftie? Mine would be

1. folklore surprise drop

2. The Speak Now World Tour

3. The Reputation announcement with the snakes and ****

4. The Red countdown (with new songs released each week)

5. evermore surprise drop

I feel like I've missed soooooooo much :gaycat7:

wait are you a new-ish swiftie? I had no idea! 

1 minute ago, TaylorNation said:

wait are you a new-ish swiftie? I had no idea! 

Fell in the trap after evermore in December 2020. I decided to give her a chance because I thought that if she released 2 albums in 2020, that must mean it was worth it. :suburban:

I fell completely in love with evermore, then I listened to folklore. Finally, I became full-on completely obsessed Swiftie after Red TV. 

• Like 3

Everyone what are Taylor’s top 5 album rollouts?  Here are my favorites:

1) Red. She released 5 songs prior to the release (plus Ronan) and they were nothing but fun and quality.  Then the debut week she was EVERYWHERE.  I think what made this one special was how we had little idea where she was going.  WANEGBT->Begin Again -> Red -> IKYWT -> State of Grace…what a time to be alive! 

2) Speak Now.  Similar to Red.  Amazing rollout and she was everywhere during the debut week.  I feel like new swifties will not remember this but debut weeks for Taylor swift from Speak Now to 1989 were events.  Her face was everywhere.  Also the first 1 million debut was wild.  (Little did we know…)

3) folklore.  This rollout lasted a day, but what a day! I could not believe that Taylor A swift finally made the folk album she was always destined to make less than a year after lover. 

4) 1989.  This was a little like speak now and red.  Massive event and the whole world was talking.  I think she promoted this album more than any prior (at least before the release).  My only issue is the pre-release singles SIO, OOTW, and WTNY were not her best.  

5) reputation.  The follow up to 1989 and everyone was ready.  Time stopped when the LWYMMD music video was released. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Klein said:

You think the GP gives a **** at all about an album before it's released? :suburban:

For almost everyone except Taylor they barely give a **** after release week too. We’re so lucky she’s established herself as THE album artist of this century, making her immune to the generally dying attention span of the average person.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, byzantium said:

1) Red. She released 5 songs prior to the release (plus Ronan) and they were nothing but fun and quality.  Then the debut week she was EVERYWHERE.  I think what made this one special was how we had little idea where she was going.  WANEGBT->Begin Again -> Red -> IKYWT -> State of Grace…what a time to be alive! 

2) Speak Now.  Similar to Red.  Amazing rollout and she was everywhere during the debut week.  I feel like new swifties will not remember this but debut weeks for Taylor swift from Speak Now to 1989 were events.  Her face was everywhere.  Also the first 1 million debut was wild.  (Little did we know…)

3) folklore.  This rollout lasted a day, but what a day! I could not believe that Taylor A swift finally made the folk album she was always destined to make less than a year after lover. 

4) 1989.  This was a little like speak now and red.  Massive event and the whole world was talking.  I think she promoted this album more than any prior (at least before the release).  My only issue is the pre-release singles SIO, OOTW, and WTNY were not her best.  

5) reputation.  The follow up to 1989 and everyone was ready.  Time stopped when the LWYMMD music video was released. 

It's not like I've known a lot but from what I gathered:

1) Red. Like I said, I would just have loved to live through the Red countdown. And the era was extensive. I would have loved to experience that.

2) Debut. She was performing everywhere, even songs that weren't on the album. And only 1989 rivals the singles selection. 

3) Speak Now. Just for how amazing all the music was.

4) folklore. Barely a rollout so that's why it's so low, but I would give everything to experience a surprise drop from Taylor.

5) 1989. Just because... 1989. 

11 minutes ago, Klein said:

Fell in the trap after evermore in December 2020. I decided to give her a chance because I thought that if she released 2 albums in 2020, that must mean it was worth it. :suburban:

I fell completely in love with evermore, then I listened to folklore. Finally, I became full-on completely obsessed Swiftie after Red TV. 

OMG you give ancient loyal Swiftie i'm so shocked. Who did you stan on this site before Tay

15 minutes ago, Holy Ground said:

OMG you give ancient loyal Swiftie i'm so shocked. Who did you stan on this site before Tay

I wasn't a very active member at the time, but I used to be a Navy. 

I think evermore and folklore also came at a time where I was very struggling with mental health (thanks covid), and I got really attached to them because they helped me a lot. evermore in particular is an album I put on everytime I start to feel overwhelmed or a bit too stressed because it takes me somewhere else and calms me down. That's how I built such a strong connection to Taylor's music, and from there I discovered her catalogue and kept falling more and more in love with her with each new album I was listening to. It helped me understand so much of what I had gone through in my life, that I had always repressed. Before covid, I truly never wanted to face any negative emotion I've ever felt and like I said, repressed all of those. After covid and therapy, I became much more open to understanding and feeling all these buried emotions and Taylor's discography truly helped me get through those by putting the right words next to these moments and feelings.  

Edited by Klein
  • Like 9

Those AI’d songs are all over Tik Tok it’s annoying :psyduck: 

56 minutes ago, Klein said:

Make it more interesting. This is for the "late" Swifties, what are the top 5 moments you wish you could have lived through/experienced as a Swiftie? Mine would be

1. folklore surprise drop

2. The Speak Now World Tour

3. The Reputation announcement with the snakes and ****

4. The Red countdown (with new songs released each week)

5. evermore surprise drop

I feel like I've missed soooooooo much :gaycat7:

I’m a Reputation stan, but the rollout was NOT fun. I was in the TRENCHES defending LWYMMD on Twitter. She was still getting whacked on twitter for Ready For It…?, but it was really bad when she released Gorgeous. :snowman:

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, justin. said:

I’m a Reputation stan, but the rollout was NOT fun. I was in the TRENCHES defending LWYMMD on Twitter. She was still getting whacked on twitter for Ready For It…?, but it was really bad when she released Gorgeous. :snowman:

That's why I said the announcement, not the rollout. I would have unstanned the second I heard Gorgeous. :suburban:

We don't appreciate how amazing the month previous the release of RED was.

• Like 1

both Reputation and Folklore drop were a moment...

you just had to be there. Everyone was GAGGED, and I mean it - we were all like:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRtWgUZRAO3yGQ7MqAoYLf

I loved those moments, especially Rep

• Like 3

I still remember getting the notification for folklore. Was playing video games with a friend and I couldn’t even process the tweet at first. New album…? And it’ll be out in… 16 hours?! Just like that?! Everything from the title to aesthetics and the prologue made me realize we’d be getting a decade-defining body of work. :ghostface:

Then came the double gag of evermore. I just knew smth was up when she or Taylor Nation used 9 tree emojis in a post… but I was still shocked to see her actually dropping a SECOND album within the same year. The rest is Taystory. :WAP:

I definitely believe that she’s gonna repeat this surprise drop strategy when we least expect it. :suburban:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, byzantium said:

I became a swiftie in reputa era, but don't remember much, so the only "normal" pre-album era rollout that I remember was Lover and somehow... is wasn't horrible??? I actually loved ME! and YNTCD, but probably it's because I was 15 and it was summer :penguin: Lover is usually in my top 5-6 albums, 'cause this album warms my soul and it's kinda cute and nostalgic :bird:

I remember when like 2 minutes before folklore was announced Taylor was posting the album cover in parts to her insta feed and @Taylor fanboy threaded “Taylor serves Reputation in the woods”

:suburban:

• Haha 4

Just now, Maroon legacy said:

I became a swiftie in reputa era, but don't remember much, so the only "normal" pre-album era rollout that I remember was Lover and somehow... is wasn't horrible??? I actually loved ME! and YNTCD, but probably it's because I was 15 and it was summer :penguin: Lover is usually in my top 5-6 albums, 'cause this album warms my soul and it's kinda cute and nostalgic :bird:

I remember when the album l3aked and I was rushing through tracks to discuss it in the chat. Someone asked is there a song like Wildest Dreams and I said "Cruel Summer maybe" :bibliahh:

Lover leak day was so fun... people calling MA&THP "Miss Frangipane & the Aryan Prince" :ahh:

24 minutes ago, folkloreking said:

I still remember getting the notification for folklore. Was playing video games with a friend and I couldn’t even process the tweet at first. New album…? And it’ll be out in… 16 hours?! Just like that?! Everything from the title to aesthetics and the prologue made me realize we’d be getting a decade-defining body of work. :ghostface:

Then came the double gag of evermore. I just knew smth was up when she or Taylor Nation used 9 tree emojis in a post… but I was still shocked to see her actually dropping a SECOND album within the same year. The rest is Taystory. :WAP:

I definitely believe that she’s gonna repeat this surprise drop strategy when we least expect it. :suburban:

I woke up to so many texts like “are you okay?!” My friends were excited for me to wake up just to see my reaction. :jonnycat:

Evermore was even more shocking because I truly didn’t believe she’d do it AGAIN!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, byzantium said:

I will never forget the folklore rollout because my ass was on vacation and I had an entire day of things planned but I woke up to the news, and literally just stayed in my hotel room absolutely melting down online until the album came out that evening :jonny5:

• Like 1

And the first snake post was made the morning of the first day of my last year of high school, so lets just say I didn't make good first impressions with any of my teachers because I spent the entire day on twitter :deadbanana2:

But yeah, I really got into online Taylorism in late 2011, so I have fond memories of LP4 turning into Red. When I say I practically shat myself watching that YouTube premiere of We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together and then again when Begod Again was released for the countdown. What blessed times those were :ryan3:

• Like 1

oh folklore announcement was CRAZY :jonny4:

I remember she started posting the photos one hour before my shift started at work and then I couldn’t wait till it ended to go home and listen to it hours later :jonny5:

The fact that multiple songs titled “The Tortured Poets Department” and even an album has been released since the Grammys:rip:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.