Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT'

Almodusa

What we agree on is that she needs to work with other people for TS12, no need to ditch them completely but PLEASE, bring new producers too Taylor.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7

• Replies 50.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

TS12 will be another pastel era. :whistle:

5 minutes ago, Lemon said:

Who would have thought she would have this kind of album to bring on reputation aura. :eddie:

Black and white aesthetic. :chick1:

Tree works in mysterious ways.

• Haha 1

She will work with new people, but her music changes are pretty gradual. Country hasn't been processed out of her system like that up until album 5 and she kept coming back to it later on too, so yeah. She is evolving and Poets is definitely close to another turn and it feels transitional because it is based on pretty transitional part of her life too. 

43 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

I hate to be conspiratorial but this STINKS of a paid job. They can't hit Taylor with a payoff to Billboard or Spotify, but she's never had the best relationship with critics or aggregator sites and I think there are enough petty, unscrupulous ******* in places that count who are happy to change a score for some money :gaycat4:

:suburban:

nah. they just want the web traffic. same for alot of the other sites.

no one cares enough about critics to pay them off.

2 minutes ago, Squall said:

What we agree on is that she needs to work with other people for TS12, no need to ditch them completely but PLEASE, bring new producers too Taylor.

Oh I fear the Jack stans won't agree but you are right and you should say it.

Actually I'd still be 100% fine with another mainly Dessner album; I have nothing against Jack but I've gotten everything I want from him and that's not true of Aaron, I think they can push further still together

:clack:

right where you left me:

I stayed there
Dust collected on my pinned-up hair
I'm sure that you got a wife out there
Kids and Christmas, but I'm unaware

I Look in People's Windows:
I attend Christmas parties from outside
I look in people's windows
In case you're at their table
What if your eyes looked up and met mine
One more time

She got out of the restaurant and still pining for him.  :jonnycat:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Squall said:

It isn't the producers but Taylor being numb and depressed from folklore to ttpd. We credit the tone of folklore on the pandemic when that was a distraction

Hopefully, killatravis inspires so more bops.

But the real question is: do you guys consider The Black Dog a standard girlie or an anthology girlie? For me it's the perfect closure for standard, I love Clara but she doesn't have closing track energy :celestial5:

What would be your reaction if Side B was TS12 that's supposed to come out in 2025

:clack:

Anyway **** a review, where's my Billboard update for the day :fan:

me right now getting my life to Broken Heart:

lights, camera, b*tch, smile

dance-2024.gif

• Haha 1

I wonder what Camilla Belle's favorite Tortured Poets Department song is 

• Haha 1

Do you think these men dragging her It's because of the producers? :rip:

Someone drags and gives 1 for this reason.

Nothing in the albums makes a 10 believable and nothing makes a 4 believable. It's a solid normal 7-7.5 album of you judge the music. Then someone can Say 8 or 6.5 but the range should be that.

They want to Attack Taylor swift and her persona. She Always has been divisive with men for this reason.

As I said today albums we love like speak now, Red, 1989 etc..got bad reviews with people complaining the same things .

It's not a case She got good Better reviews and less hate when She went fictional with folkmore and didn't show her personality, ideas etc ...the rest is divisive as were micheal Jackson, madonna, Britney and many others at some point. 

Edited by vale9001
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, cat1867 said:

It isn't the producers but Taylor being numb and depressed from folklore to ttpd. We credit the tone of folklore on the pandemic when that was a distraction

I agree tbh. Jack produced Cruel Summer, Paper Rings or I think he knows for Lover. They aren't similar at all to anything since Folklore. It is just the moment Taylor is in 

TS12 Producer List:

-

Jeff Bhasker

Greg Kurstin

Imogen Heap

MUNA

Koz

Patrick Berger

Danny L Harle

Jack Antonoff

94 on MC CONFIRMED

5 minutes ago, cat1867 said:

It isn't the producers but Taylor being numb and depressed from folklore to ttpd.

WHAT?

No **** review will make me stop enjoying this masterpiece we just got. I love all 31 songs and I love that they're part of the Swift Cinematic Universe now :clap3:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

HDD confirms she is at 200M+ units WW:

First off, our weary abacus tells us that Tay's releases—including all "Taylor's Version" re-recordings—are collectively north of 200m in global activity RTD.

The original 1989—her 2014 pop breakthrough—leads the pack with just under 40m (while 2023's Taylor's Version has amassed about 9m), while Lover, Fearless, Red and Reputation have all done around 20m, and the TV reissues of Redand Fearless have racked up just south of 9m and north of 7m, respectively.

2022's Midnights, which has done 17m+ worldwide, is probably the most relevant release for comparison as we await the bow of TORTURED POETS, seeing as it's Tay's most recent album of entirely new material.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, cat1867 said:

At Coachella they saw the set to his favorite artist Jungle. They were dancing to this. 

I wouldn't mind her finding inspiration :katie2:

I also wouldn't mind her expanding on So High School's sound and really lean into that alt rock side.

Just now, Squall said:

HDD confirms she is at 200M+ units WW:

First off, our weary abacus tells us that Tay's releases—including all "Taylor's Version" re-recordings—are collectively north of 200m in global activity RTD.

The original 1989—her 2014 pop breakthrough—leads the pack with just under 40m (while 2023's Taylor's Version has amassed about 9m), while Lover, Fearless, Red and Reputation have all done around 20m, and the TV reissues of Redand Fearless have racked up just south of 9m and north of 7m, respectively.

2022's Midnights, which has done 17m+ worldwide, is probably the most relevant release for comparison as we await the bow of TORTURED POETS, seeing as it's Tay's most recent album of entirely new material.

Thread worthy. Go girl.

6 minutes ago, Venice B said:

But the real question is: do you guys consider The Black Dog a standard girlie or an anthology girlie? For me it's the perfect closure for standard, I love Clara but she doesn't have closing track energy :celestial5:

The Black Dog is the opener to Anthology for me but I also replay that **** like crazy her modern ATW imo

Kii at Christopher Rowe demolishing Jack and Aaron though. That was not on my 2024 bingo card. :bibliahh:

Edited by Taylor fanboy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.