Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT'

Almodusa

And if anyone is gonna say Jack ruined whatever songs they dislike, Taylor must also be blamed since she's not going to use any instrumental she hates :heart2:

Edited by every1blinks
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 50.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

14 minutes ago, LastGreatBloodline said:

I've been trying to get into the OG album but it's not hitting for me yet. My favorite tracks are Fortnight (started liking it after the video), Florida, Guilty as Sin? (probably the best song) and these are pretty much the only tracks I keep coming back to. The Anthology is way better, I like How Did It End, So High School, The Black Dog, I Look in People's Windows and thanK you aIMee

Sis The Alchemy is literally a bop there and I Can Do It With A Broken Heart also, and loml literally just breaks your heart. Get it together! 

this album is everything :heart: caring about the trolls who sit around all day posting taylor hate is pointless because we know it comes from a place of bitterness and jealousy

• Like 3

I haven't been keeping up super well with charts and sales (also because I just don't understand the numbers...) but could someone summarize how the album and Fortnight are doing pretty please? :bird:

Taylor Swift's opening week album sales in the UK:
5. Red (Taylor's Version) - 72,300
4. reputation - 83,600
3. 1989 - 90,300
2. 1989 (Taylor's Version) - 185,000
1. Midnights - 204,500

1 Taylor Swift - THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT (197,158) [153,657 physicals, 33,760 streaming, 9,741 downloads]*
2 Pearl Jam - Dark Matter (7,270) *
3 UB40 - UB45 (5,726) *

1 Taylor Swift feat. Post Malone - Fortnight (38,315) *
2 Taylor Swift - The Tortured Poets Department (28,015) *
3 Taylor Swift - So Long, London (25,580) *

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I enjoyed the album on my first listen, but after sitting with it for a few days I don't necessarily find myself reaching for any particular song. Like, none of the songs are bad. They're all fine. But I don't think I'd put any of the songs anywhere near the top of her discography. It's quite literally the definition of mid. I can't see myself listening to this album front to back in a few years like I do almost daily with folklore, Speak Now or even reputation. I fear this album will end up near the bottom of my ranking with MIDnights and Loser as time goes by.

Edited by touchofmyhand

Guilty as Sin? might be the song of the year I'm afraid

:ryan3:

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, KarmaCat said:

Sis The Alchemy is literally a bop there and I Can Do It With A Broken Heart also, and loml literally just breaks your heart. Get it together! 

I'll revisit The Alchemy since I forgot how it sounds :deadbanana2: I love the chorus on ICDIWABH but the rest reminds me too much of Mastermind (one of my least faves on Midnights). loml is beautiful indeed but it needs a certain mood

When can we expect the next HDD prediction?

• Like 1

Listening to the album now and I can't believe she named it after her worst track since Lover (album)... the lyrics in this track are something else. :rip: 

So far, I've enjoyed Fortnight and But Daddy I Love Him the most. Currently on Fresh Out the Slammer. Tracks 3, 4 and 5 have been meh. Not bad but not memorable at all. 

Edited by thatsmydemi

8 minutes ago, YR. said:

She shouldn't have posted those reviews.

This is not new though? Why should she behave differently because the album has different reception from critics..

Just one example in case you think this was only for Lover and now TTPD

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This is truly her best album. Even songs I didn't like much at first I'm beginning to absolutely love.

I don't think she has bad albums but this didn't happen for Midnights and Lover no matter how many times I listened to certain songs!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Posting the reviews made things look worse than they actually are

Idc tho I know it's a masterpiece

• Thumbs Down 1

Just now, YR. said:

Posting the reviews made things look worse than they actually are

Idc tho I know it's a masterpiece

Honestly good for her…we keep trying to get validation from people who will never like what she does no matter what it is 

• Like 1

anyone getting the cardigan? :ryan3:

9 minutes ago, 19SLAYty9 said:

I'm fine with Jack coming back… as a co producer with someone new on 3-4 tracks. Give us Dev Hynes. Rick Rubin. Rick Rowels. Jeff Bhasker. Greg Kurstin. Aaron can stay obvs. 

Rick Rubin is a must. I don't understand why she doesn't reach out

I am obsessed with nearly every song now, this might be top 3 swift albums for me :WAP:

Fresh Out the Slammer with a Lana feature would be the best song on the album I fear. I just can't take the "slammer" concept seriously with Taylor alone lol

The fumes at her posting the reviews just cause it's Taylor… YAWN :sleep:

I just decided to hide the title track, So Long London and Clara Bow in Spotify and now the record (minus anthology tracks) is a skipless 13/10 MASTERPIECE :heart2:

25 minutes ago, 19SLAYty9 said:

I'm fine with Jack coming back… as a co producer with someone new on 3-4 tracks. Give us Dev Hynes. Rick Rubin. Rick Rowels. Jeff Bhasker. Greg Kurstin. Aaron can stay obvs. 

not all lanallah producers 

412247723_ScreenShot2019-04-22at2_08_09P

• Haha 4

I don't get... what's wrong... with posting reviews? :toofunny3:

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, RideOrDie said:

not all lanallah producers 

412247723_ScreenShot2019-04-22at2_08_09P

We all know where tay goes to inspiration these days

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

I feel like this album would really benefit a few more months in production, specially the Jack tracks. I love his 80s synths and all, but I felt that some of them lack an extra punch, specially the first 3 tracks and throughout the album I kept thinking 'this sounds like Mastermind again'.

With The Anthology tracks it was similar to hearing folklore for the first time again, altought, again, some tracks feel similar to previous songs.

My trinities:

- Guilty as Sin
- Fresh out the Slammer

- lmol

- Chole or Sam or Sophia or Marcus

- Peter

- The Black Dog

• Like 2

Let those haters have their cute lil moment, tayvoodoo will get them as always
tumblr_oprf89ktfX1qgf1i8o1_500.gif

• Haha 9

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.