Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT'

Almodusa

So far I've enjoyed a lot on this album (some songs I can even see in my top 10 song discography list), but I think it really suffers with bloat (just like Lover). 

MY condensed version to make a no-skip album with 11 songs from the standard and 11 from the Anthology (cute coincidence for TS11 :coffee:), plus some liberties with the tracklisting:

The [Abridged] Tortured Poets Department: 

1. Fortnight
  2. TTPD 
  3. But Daddy I Love Him
  4. Florida!!!!
  5. So Long, London
  6. Guilty as Sin? 
  7. loml
  8. Who's Afraid of Little Old Me?
  9. The Smallest Man 
  10. I Can Do It With a Broken Heart 
  11. Clara Bow
  12. The Black Dog
  13. imgonnagetyouback
  14. The Albatross
  15. I Hate It Here
  16. Peter
  17. So High School
  18. Cassandra 
  19. Chloe/Sam/Sophia/Marcus
  20. How Did It End?
  21. Robin
  22. The Prophecy 

• Replies 50.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

Lover barely flinching on release day :dies:

GLs9pvaWsAA9123?format=jpg&name=medium

• Haha 1

throwback to when the cover was revealed and I was convinced this was going to be a sultry, sexy album about Travis full of False God's, So It Goes' and Midnight Rain's...

• Haha 4

Playing Sims 2 University while blasting So High School is a godly experience, oh Taylor the masterful mastermind that YOU are.

iJG3EB4.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Fortnight is the song of the day. "I was supposed to be sent away, but they forgot to come and get me" is such a HAUNTING way to open a song, let alone an entire album where her mental health is in the pits. 

what a woman

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I think Midnights is a way stronger album I think this album is a bit too long and not a lot of standout songs tbh. Fortnight is nice though. 

I do think Midnights is one of her strongest albums though so following that doesnt help. 

Edited by ForgottenSoul

1 minute ago, ChapelHooker said:

throwback to when the cover was revealed and I was convinced this was going to be a sultry, sexy album about Travis full of False God's, So It Goes' and Midnight Rain's...

They started dating around August 2023. 95% of the material was written before she met him. I'm actually still kinda shocked she managed to sneak two tracks about him. But from a narrative sense I get it.  She had to signal some sort of light at the end of this messy dark tunnel. 

It's almost jarring, the contrast between TTPD's material and her current state of being but we're grateful she's in a much better place.

4 minutes ago, ChapelHooker said:

The Alchemy = So It Goes & Down Bad = Midnight Rain

This album is truly in different areas... I feel bad for those still not getting it

Olivia Wilde Olivia Wilde Nodding GIF - Olivia wilde Olivia wilde nodding  Woman nodding - Discover & Share GIFs

• Like 7

1 minute ago, PoisonedIvy said:

The Alchemy = So It Goes & Down Bad = Midnight Rain

yeah.... absolutely not, sorry lmfao

1 minute ago, Mandalore said:

They started dating around August 2023. 95% of the material was written before she met him. I'm actually still kinda shocked she managed to sneak two tracks about him. But from a narrative sense I get it.  She had to signal some sort of light at the end of this messy dark tunnel. 

It's almost jarring, the contrast between TTPD's material and her current state of being but we're grateful she's in a much better place.

Thank god that she didn't add a lot of Travis to this dark album. Look how she messed up rep's darkness with the Joe (Matty :eddie:) songs. 

Travis will get his turn. She needed to get this out to be done with it all. 

• Like 2

i don't get the hate for this album, maybe it has the same sound/production as her last album, but it's FAR from being bad, the issue for me is that it's too long, and being a slow record with mostly midtempos and ballads, the idea of making it a double album was not the best, maybe if she would've cut it to two volumes with 10 songs each it would've been more digestible.

For some reason i can listen to folklore and evermore in a row and enjoy it a lot, but i can't listen to TTPD on full, just one album and then i need someting else

so... when do we actually think Rep TV is coming now?

1 minute ago, ChapelHooker said:

as the crowd was chanting MORE!!!!

Maybe on her birthday she'll drop it with debut and close another "painful" chapter. 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, ChapelHooker said:

I heard September but who knows

3 minutes ago, ChapelHooker said:

2025. I see this as "long era" with at least 3 singles and 3 videos.

3 hours ago, RenHonjo said:

I will never understand why people LOVE to hate taylor so much

The pick me mindset.

Oh she is so big, she is so successful but im better than everyone and dont give a f about her (but in fact they give a lot of f about her with all the thinkpieces)

Haha.

I swear if i see another ***** saying "oh i used to love her music but......" . 

• Like 1

It's the way that I can sit back and just feast upon the fact that the pressed loser threads from some users on this website (eg. "is TTPD Taylor's ARTPOP?") comes from a place of deep and crippling envy and insecurity. It's a bit of inverse schadenfreude, but I'm really choosing to take the near-universally negative response this album has received as "oh ****, we can't win without obtusely focusing on two lyrics without any of the contextualization, or making up reasons why it's bad when that fails". Seeing the forced hate and smelling that whiff of desperation sweat... it's just another indication of how well TTPD is doing where it counts. 

cadeyup.gif

Edited by wastedpotential
  • Thanks 9

Which song is Ice Spice hopping on?

2 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

It's the way that I can sit back and just feast upon the fact that the pressed loser threads from some users on this website (eg. "is TTPD Taylor's ARTPOP?") comes from a place of deep and crippling envy and insecurity. It's a bit of inverse schadenfreude, but I'm really choosing to take the near-universally negative response this album has received as "oh ****, we can't win without obtusely focusing on two lyrics without any of the contextualization, or making up reasons why it's bad when that fails". Seeing the forced hate and smelling that whiff of desperation sweat... it's just another indication of how well TTPD is doing where it counts. 

cadeyup.gif

I firmly believe, no matter what she released this was going to happen. There is quite clearly a very loud minority who are sick of her dominating the conversation and want her out. Remember post-Grammys week? You'd think TTPD was going to tank from the dramatics. :dies: 

• Like 5

My CDs are coming in today :party:

This situation with critics kinda reminds me Solar Power/Daddy's Home, but both Lorde & Annie ditched Jack after this and Taylor probably won't.

12 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

2025. I see this as "long era" with at least 3 singles and 3 videos.

yeah, absolutely not. she is 100% dropping the last two TV's this year, finishing the eras tour and re-record project. 

im thinking we're getting Debut TV close to her birthday and Rep TV late Summer. 

4 minutes ago, Mandalore said:

I firmly believe, no matter what she released this was going to happen. There is quite clearly a very loud minority who are sick of her dominating the conversation and want her out. Remember post-Grammys week? You'd think TTPD was going to tank from the dramatics. :dies: 

And maybe it should've since Taylor literally snapped Celine's neck when she shoved her off the stage and then threw that Grammy trophy at her head :ryan3:

Attempting to slaughter a beloved pop goddess on live TV should warrant your forthcoming album tanking, don't you think? :ryan3:

Edited by wastedpotential
  • Like 1
  • Haha 10

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.