• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

3 minutes ago, ChapelHooker said:

Once you realize that those two are actually in the top 5 (of Side A) you will feel even better I promise

iJG3EB4.gif

Maybe I still need more time. After all I wasn't able to listen to that long ass album that often

iJG3EB4.gif

Okay, this is golden. :jonnycat:

Favs after third listen are: 
1. Guilty as Sin?
2. I Can Fix Him (No Really I Can)
3. So High School
4. The Albatross
5. Florida!!!
6. Peter
7. Fresh Out The Slammer

The storytelling excellence in The Bolter

iJG3EB4.gif

She introduces the character by telling us an anecdote, a story from her childhood when she fell in ice water, and she basically makes a perfect description of the protagonsit just by telling us about some of her experiences. Then she reprises this anecdote when she's talking about the relationship she was in "It feels like the time she fell through the ice, then came out alive"

Melody, lyrics, production. Another classic in the bag for Miss Swift

iJG3EB4.gif

Other girls wish they could write a song half as good and she has it buried in the back half of a double album

iJG3EB4.gif

Edited by itsjem
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

very good album! it got even better the more i listened to during the weekend. 

i get the criticism, it has "nothing new". but it's a formula that works perfectly for her and me and A LOT (as we can see with the numbers) of people love it. 

so... it is what it is 

i'm addicted. 

Let me try to give a top5 for TTPD rn

1. Down Bad

2. So Long, London

3. Fortnight

4. Fresh Out The Slammer

5. The Alchemy/loml/Guilty?

iJG3EB4.gif

It is changing hourly tho

iJG3EB4.gif

3 hours ago, Rence said:

Does anyone else think Clara Bow feels disconnected from the rest of part 1

This the 2nd closer since Mastermind where she's done this

iJG3EB4.gif

It's the best song on the album and a beautiful closer IMO! 

• Thanks 1

Music criticism is dead anyway. You can tell how an album will be reviewed before It comes. And i told that days ago before the album coming if you remember.

Maybe cause i studied music but there is any difference in quality from imgomnagetyouback and most of the songs or guts in terms of production and melodies (i don't talk about lyrics cause that's not something Technical but i mean, olivia Rodrigo lyricsm nothing new or special and very derivative).

There is any reason to act like Vampire It's One of the best Song of the years when The Black dog It's exactly the same Song. I mean the same Song with a more well crafted production and of course better lyrics. 

Mainstream magazine love everything and they gave you 4 stars if they liked It and 5 stars if they really liked. The others magazine only follows narratives and don't have any coherent line in their criticism ideology. What should really make interesting their not being "mainstream"

Edited by vale9001
  • Like 3

I guess some fandoms do need to stick to P4K reviews since they can't resort to AOTY awards

spacer.png

OT: I Hate It Here SOTY :heart:

Edited by Dear Reader
  • Haha 4

The way Florence elevated Florida!!! She's such a goddess

iJG3EB4.gif

• Like 6

Robin is for people with elevated taste and a particular internal depth it's trew it's trew 

• Like 2

loml is boring and I stand on that

spacer.png

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, SpeakNowTv said:

Robin is for people with elevated taste and a particular internal depth it's trew it's trew 

I LOVE the contrast with "seven". Instead of romanticizing childhood, she sees it as a temporary illusion this time. The innocence, the freedom it's only there because you're being protected and you'll grow and learn the truth. :weeps:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TaggedGalaxy said:

spacer.png

Oh that's not-

spacer.png

14 hours ago, Vespertine said:

This actually a very good take and also speaks to the way this album/both albums will need to be studied for many years to come. The red herring bit is extremely important, since no one got the Toe album they expected, there is fiction or fictionalization in multiple songs, etc.

The fact that the entire album title was a red herring is shaking me to my core. I need an expose on Phoebe Bridgers next (who I don't listen to, but I understand has a song called Dylan Thomas and another about the Chelsea Hotel), whose ex-boyfriend was also in Joe's Tortured Man group chat. It feels like an inside joke where they're mocking their exes, but then She also managed to make it about Matty. 

I also need to revisit the 1975's entire discography now. I'm glad She did all of this related to someone who makes good music.

Taylor's mind never ceases to amaze me. She's a genius and also a great storyteller...I'm always so confused when people take her music at face-value when she makes it extremely clear that "one of these things is not like the others", this entire album has been a huge red herring. I never knew or understood how many clues she actually throws at us, until I saw Sarah's latest posts (from Taylor Swift Style) where Taylor was seen months ago wearing pieces of clothing and accessories that their names are SONG TITLES from TTPD. Like...My mind is blown. I'm 100% positive that this song is not about Kim. I need a major deep dive on this album ASAP. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mandalore said:

I LOVE the contrast with "seven". Instead of romanticizing childhood, she sees it as a temporary illusion this time. The innocence, the freedom it's only there because you're being protected and you'll grow and learn the truth. :weeps:

yess, seven is more about childhood from a child's prospective while Robin is from an adult prospective 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, JorgeM said:

TSMWEL with just a piano can be a huge serve

100% but I also need to experience the full explosion of the bridge live just so I can die right after

14 hours ago, Taylor fanboy said:

I think she could've made her point without calling lgbt swifties as "no life".

I'm sorry, I completely missed that part. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SpeakNowTv said:

Way to go, Tiger 

Love it….another passive aggressive line

5 minutes ago, TaggedGalaxy said:

spacer.png

i actually think loml would have been a better track 5 than SLL

spacer.png

That Song about the tour Is One of the worst. 

Don't be success stans now

:ryan3:

8 minutes ago, TaggedGalaxy said:

spacer.png

you could've just said "I don't know what taste is", it would've been the same

iJG3EB4.gif

Florida!!! is the best female duet since The Boy Is Mine

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

The way Florida deconstructed and redefined what it means to convey and obtain the concupiscent anomalistic clearance showing us that idiosyncratic is ebulliently inevitable while simultaneously substantiating the superiority of women

iJG3EB4.gif

• Like 10

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.