Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT'

Almodusa

I wonder how much we have to thank OTH for the stability of the album. Surely with all this yapping, they must have influenced some locals to give the album a listen to make their own opinions.

It's sometime funny how they don't realize how they play such an important part in her domination and continued success. It's feeding her, it's feeding the fans, it's making her popularity increase. Like...

iJG3EB4.gif

Edited by Klein
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

• Replies 53.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

Failed to out stream Drake with 250% the # of songs, on a platform that had 35% its current user base.

Failed to out debut Adele with 400% more variants, 300% more songs, & 25 wasn't even on streaming.

Failed to get a single #1 before release.

Failed to get invited to a single TV interview.

Failed to get acclaimed by Pitchfork or TheNeedleDrop.

KM4rVXk.gif

2 minutes ago, Dear Reader said:

at least they're now making their quick little memes that hit 20k likes and they can have their kiis 

iJG3EB4.gif

Poor Carly always catching strays 'cause the gays always insert her into those Taylor stat charts

iJG3EB4.gif

So High School needs to be on the upcoming GTA 6 video game on their radio station.

iJG3EB4.gif

• Haha 1

My friend just broke up with her bf and I recommend her to listen to ICDIWABH to get over the heartbreak. Gotta do that promo for Ms. Tay :heart:

• Like 1

Miss Swift will never have the talent. Maybe SHE is the one that drags Hack down.

4 minutes ago, Spark said:

She made Speak Now a self-written album in response to critics, not the Grammys or fans. 

If anything, she cares about the criticism of fans the least unless it results in poor commercial performance (Loser singles). Let's look at exhibit A: But Daddy I Love Him. :chick1:

What response to critics? Fearless has been a well reviewed album. Especially the singles like love story, fifteen and YBWM. If you are talking about the "She doesn't write her songs" what official critic wrote that?.

The whole discourse was upon common people and some people in the industry, not critics. 

Edited by vale9001

Just now, taylorrrr said:

My friend just broke up with her bf and I recommend her to listen to ICDIWABH to get over the heartbreak. Gotta do that promo for Ms. Tay :heart:

Deaf after heartbreak

iJG3EB4.gif

Reminder that the critics think

MID > TTPD > Anthology

that should say enough about them

iJG3EB4.gif

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

I will never understand why people LOVE to hate taylor so much

1 minute ago, Magickarp said:

Miss Swift will never have the talent. Maybe SHE is the one that drags Hack down.

I AGREE that Ms Carly has mastered this sound, but Masturbate to You? is far more superior when it comes to horny songs...

iJG3EB4.gif

1 minute ago, vale9001 said:

What response to critics? Fearless has been a well reviewed album. Especially the singles like love story, fifteen and YBWM. If you are talking about the "She doesn't write her songs" what official critic wrote that?.

The whole discourse was upon common people and people in the industry, not critics. 

Not a criticism towards its quality, but some people in the industry (country scene) were downplaying her actual involvement in the songwriting. Like "there is was no way this young girl was coming up with these hooks and melodies alone, her collaborators must've been doing the heavy-lifting."

So she solo-wrote SN.

I Look in People's Window needs to be moved to evermore.  

Fall/winter vibes.

Just now, Magickarp said:

MID > TTPD > Anthology

iJG3EB4.gif

Do we need any more proof of their irrelevancy? 

iJG3EB4.gif

• Thanks 1

I was literally thinking about him this weekend :bibliahh:

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, SleepingTigers said:

Drake also dropped on Spotify :clap3:

He dropped a lot, around a million. Our only threat is Hoziee which stable as a rock and getting great spins on radio. 

2 minutes ago, Magickarp said:

TTPD > Anthology

iJG3EB4.gif

Let me savor this moment.

iJG3EB4.gif

5 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

The whole discourse was upon common people and people in the industry, not critics. 

The critics weren't outright saying that she didn't write her songs, but a lot of them were being snarky and giving accolades to the co-writers over Taylor. It's well documented. The most egregious OTSH of the time was Bob Lefsetz. 

Taylor does take critics reviews seriously. I mean she directly said she spends release day looking for critical reviews and reading them during 1989 era. We can even see her rn sharing the positive ones on socials. 

iJG3EB4.gif

Edited by Spark

8 minutes ago, Klein said:

I wonder how much we have to thank OTH for the stability of the album. Surely with all this yapping, they must have influenced some locals to give the album a listen to make their own opinions.

It's sometime funny how they don't realize how they play such an important part in her domination and continued success. It's feeding her, it's feeding the fans, it's making her popularity increase. Like...

iJG3EB4.gif

OTH and her second fanbases not having brain cells, what else is new

spacer.png

We need her second fanbase to drag a lyric from a different song out of context again so everyone will stream it

spacer.png

6 minutes ago, Magickarp said:

MID > TTPD > Anthology

iJG3EB4.gif

Genuinely what tf is wrong with them :hoetenks:

"Why is this billionaire talking about being sad?" being the simmering take behind most of these "reviews"

You don't get to tell me about SAD

Her precocious mind

spacer.png

4 minutes ago, Rence said:

We need her second fanbase to drag a lyric from a different song out of context again so everyone will stream it

spacer.png

The one about 1830s line?

iJG3EB4.gif

• Haha 1

What's a possible TTPD setlist for the tour? 

My dream one would be 

Fortnight

Guilty as Sin

So Long London

TSMWEL

Clara Bow

ICDWABH 

But it's a lot of wishful thinking, I know :') 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.