Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT'

Almodusa

6 minutes ago, Klein said:

Now, can we talk about the fact that I Can Do It With A Broken Heart might very well be either the new opener or closer of The Eras Tour? 

ughhhhh, that would be such a great closerrrrr :jonnycat:

• Replies 50.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

I can see I Can Do It With A Panned Album, the title track and So, Long London being added to the new setlist... My Boy Only Breaks His Favourite too... but personally I want Guilty As Sin?, The Alchemy and loml

9 minutes ago, Klein said:

Now, can we talk about the fact that I Can Do It With A Broken Heart might very well be either the new opener or closer of The Eras Tour? 

cut Karma and straight to TTPD !!!  I can see it:jonny5:

Still trying to act like MID 2.0 & it's basic Jack synths isn't commercial i see.

iJG3EB4.gif

She's getting attacked because these rats have been lying waiting, & collecting reasons to pounce on her for years, & TTPD was the perfect time to strike. Unfortunately for her, the one thing that unites Republicans & Democrats, is they both hate her. One for being white & an eco terrorist. The other for supporting Biden, & 10 other conspiracy theories they've put into their head after realising she's not a Trumper. 

iJG3EB4.gif

• Haha 3

300k in UK are like 1M in US right ? It would be amazing for her 

2 minutes ago, brazil said:

Sis, you do know that considering the lyrics and melodies in most of this album, this should be viewed as something embarassing not something to be proud of, right? 

Taylor's stans and her inner circle really got her thinking that ""You smoked then ate seven bars of chocolate/ We declared Charlie Puth should be a bigger artist/ I scratch your head, you fall asleep/ Like a tattooed golden retriever," is some Sylvia Plath level poetry

Even the "good lyrics" in the album give second rate Lana.

The only embarrassing thing here is you purposely obsessing over one single lyrics that is not even that bad in the first place out of a 31 songs album to try and make a point for 4 days now. 

But the fact you are camping in here is funny, I'll say that. 

spacer.png

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

18 minutes ago, KarmaCat said:

This is her backlash era it's crazy, esp given the fact of how good TTPD is - it's just not a commercial album hence the bandwagoners are mad.

but yeah the hate train is here and I hate ittt

it was the same during midnights honestly

2 minutes ago, brazil said:

Sis, you do know that considering the lyrics and melodies in most of this album, this should be viewed as something embarassing not something to be proud of, right? 

Taylor's stans and her inner circle really got her thinking that ""You smoked then ate seven bars of chocolate/ We declared Charlie Puth should be a bigger artist/ I scratch your head, you fall asleep/ Like a tattooed golden retriever," is some Sylvia Plath level poetry

The Song Is taking jokes on the two people acting like "modern poets" when they are Just "modern idiots"

It's literally self shading. The sense of a Song It's on the whole song, not a line. 

If you don't get the whole sense of a Song when the writer said "i'm not Patti Smith" this is pop music, it's not that Deep (the new yorker wrote this line Is Genius) is on you.  Not One treats that as Sylvia plath, neither the author :ahh:

6 minutes ago, brazil said:

now what is a katy/britney stan doing in here yapping about lyrics?

iJG3EB4.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

To that Shawn Mendez stan who had a lot to say...

GODtonoff: 6.6

DREADner: 6.0

iJG3EB4.gif

1 minute ago, mael said:

I can see I Can Do It With A Panned Album, the title track and So, Long London being added to the new setlist... My Boy Only Breaks His Favourite too... but personally I want Guilty As Sin?, The Alchemy and loml

Imagine singing along to GAS? in the stadium. The way I will be FUMING if the other date gets it as a surprise song instead of mine. 

But I do think there's a possibility she will add it to the setlist.

My prediction

TTPD the song

Fortnight

Down Bad

Guilty as Sin

+ one ballad song 

Just now, mael said:

To that Shawn Mendez stan who had a lot to say...

GODtonoff: 6.6

DREADner: 6.0

iJG3EB4.gif

As long as u don't drag Shawn I can tolerate it 

iJG3EB4.gif

I laughed in your face and said,

"You're not Dylan Thomas.

I'm not Patti Smith

This ain't the Chelsea Hotel.

We're modern idiots."

:katie2:

20 minutes ago, mael said:

The way we always have to condense Her album into 12/13 track albums....

iJG3EB4.gif

10 track album/EP girlie stans can't relate I fear

spacer.png

5 minutes ago, RenHonjo said:

Why are you guys sleeping on 'how did it end?'

nooo We are LOVING It. Kinda the best one from the entire album

• Thanks 1

Its always funny when people act like the album is bad lyrically they ALWAYS pick the same 2-3 lines out of 31 super wordy songs.. like the lyrics legit look like books at this point with how much she said on this album :bibliahh: And its always that Charlie Puth or racism line... i dont like these lyrics either (even though i know they arent meant to be taken seriously) but lets not act like every song is suddenly bad lyrically
iJG3EB4.gif

I'm sorry, but Down Bad is such a mood killer... the So It Goes of PTSD. A snoozefest.

iJG3EB4.gif

• Like 1

Taylor is the most self aware song writer. I'm sorry but if you can't see the irony, metaphors and sarcasm on some of the lyrics, that's on you. It's like taking the Blank Space music video seriously :rip:

• Like 12

11 minutes ago, mael said:

Fortnight is definitely there as well

1 minute ago, mael said:

I'm sorry, but Down Bad is such a mood killer... the So It Goes of PTSD. A snoozefest.

iJG3EB4.gif

Don't bring So It God in here :giraffe:

1 minute ago, Maroon legacy said:

Fortnight is definitely there as well

I feel like She doesn't want to add songs that have features on them for this tour... but who knows

17 minutes ago, Klein said:

I've been thinking a lot about it over the weekend and given the transitions and how everything is set up, I'm pretty sure the Lover and Midnights sets will stay where they are and still open/close the show. I just don't see Tortured Poets in either of those slots but of course I might be wrong 

Oh, here we go again

The voices in his head

:katie2:

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.