Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT'

Almodusa

Why be mad (about Pitchfork)

when you can be GLAAD that The Bolter is a instant classic?

• Replies 50.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

Y'all need to find love in the chaos like Mother

Spoiler

I'm afraid the next TV which we all know what will have "lukewarm" reviews too.

Rihanna, Miley cyrus, Springsteen, David Bowie, madonna etc ....have  4 or 5 from pitchfork. Even Beyoncé has a panned album (a 5.6 album)

If a 6.6 It's her "drag era" from them trust me you're lucky. 

Edited by vale9001
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Taylor fanboy said:

Y'all need to find love in the chaos like Mother

Reveal hidden contents

I'm afraid the next TV which we all know what will have "lukewarm" reviews too.

I'm not the biggest fan of Reputation, but if there's one release that can restore peace, I know it's Rep TV. :clap3:

The way Holy as Hymn gets better with every listen. It might sneak into my overall top 10 Taylor songs.

RVfQVf9.gif

The Dessner songs are GROWING for me! :jonny5:

My The Albatross and The Manuscript editions are shipping now :jonnycat:

lets me have a meltdown about those critics

like you don`t have to like her music or give her rave review

but as someone so called music expert they should acknowledge how`s impressive it is, she came up with those lyrics and melody mostly on her own with the help of only 1,2 collaborator. And the way she writes that many songs, all with unique metaphor concept like alien abduction in down bad, the toys song, daddy i love him, florida is about escape to florida to start a new life after commit a crime..... like which other artist can come up with that many concept and execute it that well and clever....

QLOiX3NlygBaZyDlgl.webp

• Thanks 2

Good morning, S(w)i(f)sters! I'm not looking forward to it being a Monday, but I am looking forward to listening to this 2 hour opus on repeat to make work bearable. :smitten:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Are we really getting nothing else for the rest of the week

:clack:

Wait the Anthology section of the Pitchfork review was like three lazy lines, the unseriousness of it all :lmao: lemme give I Hate It Here an extra stream for them because I straight up don't believe they bothered to listen

• Like 2

Just now, Rence said:

*the rest of the era

I think it's pretty clear a this point. I mean what's there to do when she's touring again soon? Interviews? Talk shows? Set the internet ablaze and onto the next chapter of her life, this queen. :WAP:

3 minutes ago, Rence said:

A new 18 tracks album 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Mandalore said:

*the rest of the era

I think it's pretty clear a this point. I mean what's there to do when she's touring again soon? Interviews? Talk shows? Set the internet ablaze and onto the next chapter of her life, this queen. :WAP:

I lowkey wanted 2-3 more music videos. Some of the songs deserve to have visuals and be pushed to radio but this feels like asking for too much ig 

I don't think we as a community have had enough of a meltdown about The Smallest Man Who Ever Lived. That ******* bridge.... The way the melody changes and builds and turns scathing................. Oh god inject it into my veins

• Like 1

my mom, who isn't even close to being into any pop culture at all, called me yesterday and was like "this TV station was playing songs from the new Taylor album every hour and I LOVED it" and then she listened to the album. she didn't know about the anthology and I was so happy to be able to tell her that there's even more songs! she even has favorites already, her standout being But Daddy I Love Him (taste.)

the reach she has :katie2:

• Like 11

The Prophecy finally hit for me after I listened to it with the lyrics.

The ENTIRE album really grows on you the more you listen to it.

3 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

Wait the Anthology section of the Pitchfork review was like three lazy lines, the unseriousness of it all :lmao: lemme give I Hate It Here an extra stream for them because I straight up don't believe they bothered to listen

Basically what I said in the review thread :lmao:

How are you gonna give them separate scores and then literally say nothing about the second half other than a couple of lines that could have been picked up from twitter threads. 

Maybe it's her fault for dropping 31 songs in one go. To form a genuine opinion you need to listen to an album a good 3/4 times and that's a regular album where you could start picking up melodies and meaning easy due to shorter lengths. With a 2 hour project you definitely need at least a few days to let it fully settle. But I guess they are not paid well enough to spend 10+ hours on one album, hence the superficial reviews. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, NEX said:

Basically what I said in the review thread :lmao:

How are you gonna give them separate scores and then literally say nothing about the second half other than a couple of lines that could have been picked up from twitter threads. 

Maybe it's her fault for dropping 31 songs in one go. To form a genuine opinion you need to listen to an album a good 3/4 times and that's a regular album where you could start picking up melodies and meaning easy due to shorter lengths. With a 2 hour project you definitely need at least a few days to let it fully settle. But I guess they are not paid well enough to spend 10+ hours on one album, hence the superficial reviews. 

It's not her fault to release 31 songs. It's not the First double album in history. Your job is to listen to all the work. Then you can say if you like It or not.

It's a detail but also... if an artist presents his project as a double album you review It as a whole album, It's not on you to decide otherwise, it's lowkey (and not that lowkey) unprofessional. 

Edited by vale9001
  • Like 5

If the bandwagon stans during the Midnights era have unstanned her now then maybe we'll get better chances of snatching tickets to her next tour

:WAP:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rence said:

If the bandwagon stans during the Midnights era have unstanned her now then maybe we'll get better chances of snatching tickets to her next tour

:WAP:

I don't see why they should unstan her (sadly) :laugh:

Did she rise to 350M streams and break Spotify?

:suburban:

Edited by itsjem

She needs to release a song called "So Here Me Out" to put an end to the social media theorist once and for all.

3 minutes ago, itsjem said:

Did she rise to 350M streams and broke Spotify?

:suburban:

Lettuce pray

2 hours ago, Dear Reader said:

I don't like that you're implying that the next album we'll get is a new version of Loser 

spacer.png

if that's what it takes to cause a mass exodus of Eras Tour bandwagoners and tiktok Disney adults then yes

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.