Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT'

Almodusa

8 hours ago, Tusk said:

She heard Kacey's "The Architect" and had to write "The Prophecy" 

this

Can i speak the architect/ the prophecy?

My two talented faves

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

MC average:

TTPD: 84

The Anthology: 60

iJG3EB4.gif

4 minutes ago, bluebirdsforever said:

It also ignores the fact that even the negative reviews of Taylor almost always have an angle of "this is one of the most accomplished songwriters of her generation and this work is not up to her standard." The fantasy world where Taylor's music is actually horrible and no one truly respects it is simply one that we do not live in. 

but NOW we said it!!

also, LOVE your avi. these two ******* queens...

ezgif-3-8ee6e1dd26.thumb.gif.c70f8413e67

36 minutes ago, cat1867 said:

The album is very successful regardless of reviews which have been fine. We will all knew the reviews would be mixed before release due to how polarizing she is right now.

I love folklore, evermore, midnights and ttpd.

I just would love next album to have some more happy/upbeat songs.

lover was filled with anxiety but had those great anxious bops like cruel summer and lover (s).

Taylor not Jack and Aaron is the one determing the sonic direction.

Even with reviews it's still very good?

I mean great Pitchfork gave 6 but Sputnik for the first time in their life gave her 9 

and the others are not that far from her last couple albums, we're acting like she's on 59 on MC. I guess after the last 5 reviews that needed to be added it will be 81-82. Still 4/5.
Jesus. 

Truth, dare, spin bottles
You know how to ball, I know Aristotle

qg607SP.gif

She put crack in the melody

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TaylorNation said:

not Tortured Poets being the Reputation era of the 2020s

spacer.png

I mean... just look at the album cover...

iJG3EB4.gif

Critics criticising the album is a good thing. Taylor is more motivated by critics than she is commercial success.

Critics saying she didn't write her songs? Speak Now. 

Red being called a mess? 1989. 

The only time she missed was when she had a meltdown over Reputation not getting Grammys, and then proceeding to say Loser will be a better album. 

iJG3EB4.gif

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TaylorNation said:

spacer.png

Happen after every peak, 1989, Midnights… 

OMG

Guilty as Sin just clicked

NARCOTICS indeed

JAIL HER

• Like 2

• ATRL Moderator
7 minutes ago, ChapelHooker said:

but NOW we said it!!

also, LOVE your avi. these two ******* queens...

Exactly and I told her I said

• Like 1

The fact that even Reputation got more promo than this era… 

I miss her, interviews, god forbidden a performance, not for sales, just for us… 

The music is everything it's true, but…

12 minutes ago, TaylorNation said:

spacer.png

I don't like that you're implying that the next album we'll get is a new version of Loser 

spacer.png

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, chiliam said:

this

Can i speak the architect/ the prophecy?

My two talented faves

Two SOTYs so close to each other. We're blessed this year. 

-

Just saw Deeper Well got a 6.8. You really can't be taking that failed outlet seriously and letting it shape your opinion of this album. 

iJG3EB4.gif

Edited by Life Savers
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dear Reader said:

I don't like that you're implying that the next album we'll get is a new version of Loser 

spacer.png

If that's what it takes for her to shift genres in TS13 then maybe we do need Lover 2.0

spacer.png

Just now, Rence said:

If that's what it takes for her to shift genres in TS13 then maybe we do need Lover 2.0

spacer.png

Good luck booking that sound shift you speak of

spacer.png

4 minutes ago, bluebirdsforever said:

Exactly and I told her I said

two queens telling each other "exactlyyyyy!"

Chloe and The Gang is such a standout, I love it soooo much, it's just so beautiful and heartbreaking

i do have to repeat myself and say she sabotaged it with that name

• Like 1

Peter

Robin

Fortnight

The Albatross

So High School

But Daddy I Love Him

A very easy TOP 6

spacer.png

12 minutes ago, Dear Reader said:

spacer.png

I mean better T12 be Loser, than T13's Folklore.

The disgusting, limp wristed, lisp ridden, mrs Trunchbull looking, poor postured, likely homeless, coke addicted, allegedly "human", Hack stans need to see true floppage, before Aaron, Max, & Nathan save her career.

spacer.png

Post stayed at number 9 today, Florence down another 15 spots, Jesus. 

Edited by omrimayo

2 minutes ago, omrimayo said:

Post stayed at number 9 today, Florence down another 15 spots, Jesus. 

nice one from posty

Personally I just hope she doesn't react visibly to the more negative reviews or care too much if this doesn't get piles of Grammys, because I truly think the critical reception of this album has been unduly influenced by the kind of "fatigue" that only super-engaged music fans would feel toward her anyway. I think pivoting her approach or sound in a way that doesn't already feel natural to her just because of slightly more mixed reception to this album (but still good overall) would be incorrect. Plus Swifties, by and large, love the album and actually love The Anthology even more (in stark contrast to that one review). When your existing fans who know your work inside and out love the new work you're doing, where some might posit that there's a lack of growth, I would personally argue you're doing something right and that it's not incompatible with also growing and improving your craft, which I think this album does successfully.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Spark said:

Critics criticising the album is a good thing. Taylor is more motivated by critics than she is commercial success.

Critics saying she didn't write her songs? Speak Now. 

Red being called a mess? 1989. 

The only time she missed was when she had a meltdown over Reputation not getting Grammys, and then proceeding to say Loser will be a better album. 

iJG3EB4.gif

She Cares about her fan criticism, never about the critics. And about her peers opinion. So "the grammy scene" in the documentary.

In the long term her fans loved puta so this Is why you got another pop album.

Loser was panned by her fans like anything before, especially everything She sent on radios so She changed.

I don't know where you all get this thing Taylor cares about the music critics. Everyone likes to be critically acclaimed of happens but comes after all of that in her agenda. 

And as someone said this album is still well reviewed and it's liked by fans and this imo only will grow up with the months so i don't think something revolutionary is coming but "just another step".

Just now, Migs30283 said:

nice one from posty

Yeah, most artist falling 20% on Sunday so if he stayed the same maybe around 11.2M, which is 0.5 over AH. We'll see.

Just now, Cruel Summer said:

Personally I just hope she doesn't react visibly to the more negative reviews or care too much if this doesn't get piles of Grammys, because I truly think the critical reception of this album has been unduly influenced by the kind of "fatigue" that only super-engaged music fans would feel toward her anyway. I think pivoting her approach or sound in a way that doesn't already feel natural to her just because of slightly more mixed reception to this album (but still good overall) would be incorrect. Plus Swifties, by and large, love the album and actually love The Anthology even more (in stark contrast to that one review). When your existing fans who know your work inside and out love the new work you're doing, where some might posit that there's a lack of growth, I would personally argue you're doing something right and that it's not incompatible with also growing and improving your craft, which I think this album does successfully.

"I just need to make a better album" and then releasing Lover flashbacks

spacer.png

• Haha 6

2 minutes ago, omrimayo said:

Yeah, most artist falling 20% on Sunday so if he stayed the same maybe around 11.2M, which is 0.5 over AH. We'll see.

Just read that the gap between 8-10 is very big, so who knows 🤷🏻‍♂️

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.