• Replies 46.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

We should scour the times interview for more potential lyrics, I think "are you not entertained" is a lyric from Clara Bow :clack:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, Cleanromantic said:

We should scour the times interview for more potential lyrics, I think "are you not entertained" is a lyric from Clara Bow :clack:

or rep tv since she mentioned rep tv on the same interview 

2 minutes ago, Cleanromantic said:

Travis very adorably put me on blast on his podcast,

which I thought was metal as hell

DOWN BAD

:ryan3:

4 minutes ago, Cleanromantic said:
  Hide contents

OMG please spill about their four breakups. We know they were on and off because of songs on Midnights but do you have an actual timeline? Also, lol at them buying a house "together", as if Jobless could ever afford to match what she's willing to spend :ryan3:

I need to be emotionally destroyed by the album. Taylor please and Me and Jobless together  :suburban:

Hide contents

I also want more tea on his bad rep with his peers. Do we think it's because he keeps getting high profile roles although he can't act :ryan3:

Spoiler

Okay so the general understanding is that they had their first "breakup" or at least their first big relationship-threatening fight some time during the Rep Tour (the inspiration for Afterglow), but she basically bent over backwards to apologize and keep him with her (which he took advantage of several times after that point) and then it was Covid so obviously everything kinda stopped. There were also cheating rumors swirling around in 2019 but I don't think she believed them (and nor did the fans), but in hindsight they were probably true. Once the world started moving again and Taylor realized she kinda wanted to do the whole 'famous singer' thing again (aka the preparations for the Red TV release going back to like May 2021) apparently Jobless wasn't... into the idea, and they had several big fights over the course of the year. I'm not sure if any of them resulted in a breakup, but this is where the inspiration for Renegade probably comes from. Then of course they had a pretty nasty spat at the end of September, after which Taylor stayed in the US to prepare for the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame performance and was working on Speak Now TV while Joe was finishing filming of Conversations With Friends in Belfast before going to London for a month (where he cheated for sure), and then he went to Panama for Stars at Noon. Taylor, probably hearing things from Jack who heard from Margaret that Joe was bitching about the state of their relationship, went down to visit to patch things up, but it didn't seem to be great for them, because immediately after she came back she made Midnights (it's assumed that the vault excl. TGW and Dear Reader was probably made before this), and then Joe confesses to cheating in early December, when she writes YLM and then HD. Then they get together again in Tahiti and stay together at least through the VMAs in 2022 (they had dinner with Lena like two nights before, iirc), but then they had another issue right after that (there were tabloids writing about 'trouble in paradise', which in hindsight seems to have been Tree planting seeds for a more permanent breakup, but it didn't manifest, and Taylor ended up getting back together with him before going to New Orleans with him that December. However, it seems like there was another big fight there (remember she spent her birthday with Jack in the studio), and from that point through the beginning of April 2023 it was conscious uncoupling. 

Thus, the breakups/near breakups we know of were: Q3 2018, May 2021, Oct-Dec 2021, Sept 2022, and Dec 2022-April 2023. I'm probably missing some, if anyone is really active on this side of Tumblr, please let me know :deadbanana4:

There are a few unknowns that might've also been bad, such as whatever inspired hoax and tolerate it, which were drawn to some degree (but not exclusively) from her relationship with him 

Spoiler

He kept getting those roles because Taylor was working her industry contacts to get him roles to assuage his deep insecurities about not being a very good or accomplished actor. I think he's just kinda douche-y/reclusive on set, and there probably was some envy of him getting his roles through networking rather than talent and merit. 

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Mandalore said:

Travis very adorably put me on blast on his podcast,

which I thought was metal as hell

DOWN BAD

:ryan3:

She's not talking about Travis right before the song "So Long, London" and right after "My Boy Only Breaks His Favorite Toys".

Though, her tracklists are always very messy, so who knows. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Klein said:

She's not talking about Travis right before the song "So Long, London" and right after "My Boy Only Breaks His Favorite Toys".

Though, her tracklists are always very messy, so who knows. 

That's obviously a joke, surely we don't expect her to name drop him like that :dies: I don't think TS11 will cover the post-Travis era of her life at all. Ugh save me TS12, save me. I need some happy love songs and s*x bops :WAP:

Edited by Mandalore
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Okay so the general understanding is that they had their first "breakup" or at least their first big relationship-threatening fight some time during the Rep Tour (the inspiration for Afterglow), but she basically bent over backwards to apologize and keep him with her (which he took advantage of several times after that point) and then it was Covid so obviously everything kinda stopped. There were also cheating rumors swirling around in 2019 but I don't think she believed them (and nor did the fans), but in hindsight they were probably true. Once the world started moving again and Taylor realized she kinda wanted to do the whole 'famous singer' thing again (aka the preparations for the Red TV release going back to like May 2021) apparently Jobless wasn't... into the idea, and they had several big fights over the course of the year. I'm not sure if any of them resulted in a breakup, but this is where the inspiration for Renegade probably comes from. Then of course they had a pretty nasty spat at the end of September, after which Taylor stayed in the US to prepare for the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame performance and was working on Speak Now TV while Joe was finishing filming of Conversations With Friends in Belfast before going to London for a month (where he cheated for sure), and then he went to Panama for Stars at Noon. Taylor, probably hearing things from Jack who heard from Margaret that Joe was bitching about the state of their relationship, went down to visit to patch things up, but it didn't seem to be great for them, because immediately after she came back she made Midnights (it's assumed that the vault excl. TGW and Dear Reader was probably made before this), and then Joe confesses to cheating in early December, when she writes YLM and then HD. Then they get together again in Tahiti and stay together at least through the VMAs in 2022 (they had dinner with Lena like two nights before, iirc), but then they had another issue right after that (there were tabloids writing about 'trouble in paradise', which in hindsight seems to have been Tree planting seeds for a more permanent breakup, but it didn't manifest, and Taylor ended up getting back together with him before going to New Orleans with him that December. However, it seems like there was another big fight there (remember she spent her birthday with Jack in the studio), and from that point through the beginning of April 2023 it was conscious uncoupling. 

Thus, the breakups/near breakups we know of were: Q3 2018, May 2021, Oct-Dec 2021, Sept 2022, and Dec 2022-April 2023. I'm probably missing some, if anyone is really active on this side of Tumblr, please let me know :deadbanana4:

There are a few unknowns that might've also been bad, such as whatever inspired hoax and tolerate it, which were drawn to some degree (but not exclusively) from her relationship with him 

Reveal hidden contents

He kept getting those roles because Taylor was working her industry contacts to get him roles to assuage his deep insecurities about not being a very good or accomplished actor. I think he's just kinda douche-y/reclusive on set, and there probably was some envy of him getting his roles through networking rather than talent and merit. 

Hang on :sherlock: WHAT? :shutup:

Hide contents

Hide contents

sorry but this is giving fanfiction. not saying it's wrong but it's just hard to believe when it's based on tumblr threads 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, dyktatuob said:

idk but he was right about ariana's album tracklist 

Interesting

We should keep an eye on them then

spacer.png

1 minute ago, dyktatuob said:

sorry but this is giving fanfiction. not saying it's wrong but it's just hard to believe when it's based on tumblr threads 

See I wouldn't believe it either if I didn't know the people who've put the timeline together and how freakishly attuned they've been to Taylor and her personal life for a very long time :gaycat6:

These are the same purveyors of the "Drew Dunlap is secretly the muse of 1/5th of Taylor's discography" and "Taylor and Jake were hooking up for years after the public breakup" theories long before those were pretty much confirmed by her lyrical output since :deadbanana4:

• Haha 1

"alt-pop" is one of the vaguest genres out there to predict

you could say Lover had alt-pop influences and you wouldn't be wrong

Out of topic but it’s gonna be kinda funny seeing Travis hear all these TTPD songs about her losing “the love of her life” while his ass is in the crowd.

And the album is gonna be released at the exact time People Magazine stated that he will be traveling with her, during the european leg.

:suburban:

Edited by scottstreet

See I wouldn't believe it either if I didn't know the people who've put the timeline together and how freakishly attuned they've been to Taylor and her personal life for a very long time :gaycat6:

These are the same purveyors of the "Drew Dunlap is secretly the muse of 1/5th of Taylor's discography" and "Taylor and Jake were hooking up for years after the public breakup" theories long before those were pretty much confirmed by her lyrical output since :deadbanana4:

Spoiler

Midnight Rain?

Just now, Mandalore said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Midnight Rain?

Spoiler

And Tis The Damn Season/Dorothea, among others :gaycat4:

16 minutes ago, scottstreet said:

Out of topic but it’s gonna be kinda funny seeing Travis hear all these TTPD songs about her losing “the love of her life” while his ass is in the crowd.

And the album is gonna be released at the exact time People Magazine stated that he will be traveling with her, during the european leg.

i think the album could be more about the aftermath of the breakup and how she moved on or at least that's what im hoping for 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, scottstreet said:

The track names are giving "regret, wasted time, thank god it's over, I was too down bad to see it for what it was, I'm FREE!"

If I had to guess, I'd say disappointment/healing rather than pining. 

Edited by Mandalore

3 minutes ago, dyktatuob said:

i think the album could be more about the aftermath of the breakup and how she moved on or at least that's what im hoping for 

That’s for TS12 aka the real love album we were promised in the original Red booklet. :suburban:

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

And they say (trigger warning for some of you) G**l*rs write fanfic :ahh: 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Vespertine said:

And they say (trigger warning for some of you) G**l*rs write fanfic :ahh: 

Now I know that Gaylors are known to live in their own heads and rarely interface with the outside world, but nothing I put forward should be particularly groundbreaking to anyone who bothers to pay attention to her lyrics or her/Joe's press coverage. 

• 2018 fight - see Afterglow, DBATC, cardigan bridge, TIMT, hoax
  • first 2021 fight - see Renegade and Bejeweled
  • second 2021 fight and then reconciliation - see her surprise song choices last night, or see TGW, YLM, and Hits Different :deadbanana2: (or see her physical state at the All Too Well premiere, followed by their trip together to Tahiti)
  • We don't have any music about their problems in 2022/2023 because she turned Midnights in to Republic at the end of 2021, but surely you've seen those restaurant pictures from them in New Orleans coupled with her spending her birthday in the random city where he was filming, but without his presence... They're inferences, sure, but they're not coming from nowhere and the people they come from are far enough up her ass they can use her nostrils like a periscope :deadbanana2: We'll just have to see what she says on the topic with the release of TTPD, but I have a feeling that it will be very insightful

I know y'all are disappointed that she didn't unfurl a giant lesbian flag from her box at the Super Bowl to come out on live TV, but we are not operating in the same stratospheres of delusionality :deadbanana2:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 12
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, wastedpotential said:

Now I know that Gaylors are known to live in their own heads and rarely interface with the outside world, but nothing I put forward should be particularly groundbreaking to anyone who bothers to pay attention to her lyrics or her/Joe's press coverage. 

• 2018 fight - see Afterglow, DBATC, cardigan bridge, TIMT, hoax
  • first 2021 fight - see Renegade and Bejeweled
  • second 2021 fight and then reconciliation - see her surprise song choices last night, or see TGW, YLM, and Hits Different :deadbanana2: (or see her physical state at the All Too Well premiere, followed by their trip together to Tahiti)
  • We don't have any music about their problems in 2022/2023 because she turned Midnights in to Republic at the end of 2021, but surely you've seen those restaurant pictures from them in New Orleans coupled with her spending her birthday in the random city where he was filming, but without his presence... They're inferences, sure, but they're not coming from nowhere and the people they come from are far enough up her ass they can use her nostrils like a periscope :deadbanana2: We'll just have to see what she says on the topic with the release of TTPD, but I have a feeling that it will be very insightful

I know y'all are disappointed that she didn't unfurl a giant lesbian flag from her box at the Super Bowl to come out on live TV, but we are not operating in the same stratospheres of delusionality :deadbanana2:

No reasoning with G-Anon. Just reply with videos and pics of her with Travis. He's their worst nightmare.

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Mandalore said:

No reasoning with G-Anon. Just reply with videos and pics of her with Travis. He's their worst nightmare.

When I say I've watched videos from various angles of this moment a thousand different times at this point like ugh I've really taken the Tayvis pill :ryan3:

Spoiler

yes I'm slightly worried that she'll get intellectually bored at some point

Spoiler

but I know the babies will be beautiful and healthy and talented, and that's more than we could say about any potential offspring with anyone else that's ever been in the picture :ryan3:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, vale9001 said:

Hope dessner and antonoff are for a couple of tracks each and then there are new producers and collaborators. Dessner is not a "real producer", Evermore and folkmore are basically his already written tracks and Taylor wrote the words. So he can only makes his own music (the material he produced for ed Sheeran is terribile), a different thing from being a real producer.

Some tracks on 1989 were already produced before Taylor wrote the words. That doesn't make someone any less of a producer so what's the tea? 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.