Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT'

Almodusa

2 minutes ago, 305 said:

I'm not sure what it is!!! I feel like maybe the themes are too common or have already been done by her? I can't put my finger on it but something isn't clicking 

The standard doesn't have that many strong melodies IMO and the production is minimal and blends together on a lot of them. I'd suggest listening in small pieces to learn each song more. Then just pick and choose your faves. 31 songs is so many, there's bound to be some you don't connect with. Plus, a lot of the lyrics are almost too personal to where you don't connect as much while listening imo. I'm just gonna playlist my faves and go from there. And it's a lowtempo album like Evermore, I don't think it will be a constant streamer like 1989 or so.

• Like 2

• Replies 50.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

Just now, georgechxng said:

she prob has a shot at breaking adele's record then, i suppose?

idk the math. but she prob will do +600K SEA units? and then she would "just" need to sell +900k pure thru the rest of the week. i don't even know how doable that is but it seems possible, this is a hard release to track tho LOL 

Yes she does, usually her first day sales comprise 50% of her total first week sales. Hopefully, she'll recreate the miracle again.

It's time for the honest truth

Even a very beloved short album like Melodrama has naysayers on at least one track. Imagine a wordier double-album.

As listeners (stan if we want to put ourselves in a pedestal), we're not forced to like every song.

Pick your faves, add it to your playlists. End of the day.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, GAGAISTHEBESTYA said:

Yes she does, usually her first day sales comprise 50% of her total first week sales. Hopefully, she'll recreate the miracle again.

Impossible in this day. I'm sorry but Adele is keeping that pure sales record for eternity.

Just now, Taylor fanboy said:

Impossible in this day. I'm sorry but Adele is keeping that pure sales record for eternity.

SPS-wise, she has a shot! 

6 minutes ago, georgechxng said:

she prob has a shot at breaking adele's record then, i suppose?

idk the math. but she prob will do +600K SEA units? and then she would "just" need to sell +900k pure thru the rest of the week. i don't even know how doable that is but it seems possible, this is a hard release to track tho LOL 

i think if she is that close then she should discount itunes versions to encourage a final push. idk about the 1.8M preorders though.. 

I Can Fix Him is going to be a no for me I think. I appreciate what she was trying to go for, but it's not landing.

10 minutes ago, 305 said:

Wait. Is this all true? I really didn't know anything about Matty until last year. This might change the way I listen to the songs

Yes, it's true. Taylor and Matty first met in 2014, I believe. They were mutual fans of each other and Taylor attended his shows. They were rumored to have hooked up at least once around that time before Taylor started dating Calvin.

I do think this is a long-running crush/infatuation she had, not just some random fling for a couple months. This relationship definitely hurt her in a way others didn't and I get why. He was someone I believe she always wanted ("the 1") but the stars finally aligned for them in 2023 only for them to go crashing down, partly under the court of public scrutiny.

Edited by pinkbowvintage
  • Like 1

Coney Island took me 2 years to enter my evermore top 5 even though I loved it on my first listen. I'm very excited how the songs will end up for me!!

• Like 1

What if he's written "mine" on my upper thigh only in my mind?
One slip and fallin' back into the hedge maze
Oh, what a way to die
My bed sheets are ablaze
I've screamed his name
Buildin' up like waves crashin' over my grave
Without ever touchin' his skin
How can I be guilty as sin?

spacer.png

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Kitboga said:

i think if she is that close then she should discount itunes versions to encourage a final push. idk about the 1.8M preorders though.. 

i think chartmasters is implying a +4m debut. they're def teasing swifties w their last few tweets. one of them was just "hello" lol

am i tripping or do i hear shania twain's influence in guilty as sin?  

1047e57090a20dc7c502211d1df38ef4.jpg

• Like 1

so far +2.3m pure sales is on LOCK, the rest of the week is just mounting up for this number.

1 minute ago, ParisTexas said:

What if he's written "mine" on my upper thigh only in my mind?
One slip and fallin' back into the hedge maze
Oh, what a way to die
My bed sheets are ablaze
I've screamed his name
Buildin' up like waves crashin' over my grave
Without ever touchin' his skin
How can I be guilty as sin?

spacer.png

#NotMyGretchenGIF @West Coast for this sex bop

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, kiche said:

am i tripping or do i hear shania twain's influence in guilty as sin?  

Hmmm I'm getting Michelle Branch more.

Just now, Taylor fanboy said:

Hmmm I'm getting Michelle Branch more.

Oh it's VERY Michelle Branch. It's giving Something to Sleep To, in particular.

2 minutes ago, GAGAISTHEBESTYA said:

so far +2.3m pure sales is on LOCK, the rest of the week is just mounting up for this number.

i think she will do it. she has a surprise for record store day and is prob the physical version of the anthology. 

People are being so hard on Taylor over Matty when I guarantee most of us have been embarrassingly dickmatized by at least one f-boy or f-girl like this before :gaycat2:

the hot and cold relationships are often the most exciting muses:gayalipacat5:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, georgechxng said:

i think she will do it. she has a surprise for record store day and is prob the physical version of the anthology. 

if it's really the anthology physical version... oh IT'S THE END for everyone :rip:

• Like 1

I went to that LA 1975 show where Taylor and Selena were backstage in 2014. I literally saw Taylor's ig post being there after the show and freaked out :rip: crazy shed end up writing songs about Matty 10 years later

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, georgechxng said:

i think chartmasters is implying a +4m debut. they're def teasing swifties w their last few tweets. one of them was just "hello" lol

nahh there aint no shot.. at most they tallied the numbers and see it is achivable. and afaik chartmaster doesnt really have any insider info like HDD does, right? theyre more a european ran org. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.