Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT'

Almodusa

Ok that's weird. It's now official info on Chart Data. How come we did only 75-is million in more than half a day? So what? 150m for today? 
cant handle those numbers. 

• Replies 50.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

So far I prefer Midnights, but its still a pretty good album. I do think some of the bonus tracks werent needed though

4 minutes ago, Cloröx said:

300M+ is coming

KymxeMi.gif

Especially since she just added 15 more tracks, she is for sure doing 300M. Insane :jonny: 

Just now, omrimayo said:

Ok that's weird. It's now official info on Chart Data. How come we did only 75-is million in more than half a day? So what? 150m for today? 
cant handle those numbers. 

Omg take a chill pill :deadbanana4: it doesn't mean that it did exactly 75M in 12 hours, it did at least that in under 11 hours :deadbanana4:and I'm sure the bulk of the streams come during the day anyways so those first couple of hours will be slower

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Ms. Togekiss said:

spacer.png

So she cleared Midnights 185M record in just 12H?

:WAP:

Yeah I'm feeling confident about 300M now

No replay value, no streams 

:ryan3:

3 minutes ago, Ms. Togekiss said:

This. For all we know she could be past 100M and they still decided to use 12 hours because it's a more standard unit of time than 7.5 hours or something

Plus streaming will probably naturally peak around midday and the afternoon, because people aren't really awake at 2AM in her biggest market (the US) and also have to work due to it being a weekday. Honestly I think she might have the record on lock because of that tweet.

Just now, bjorn said:

So she cleared Midnights 185M record in just 12H?

:WAP:

No, just 76M, 

and people tell me to chill here, I really find these numbers weak, when you compare to AM and what we thought… 

why did billboard even bother doing that exclusive when eyes are on midnight record

9 minutes ago, Nein said:

matty-healys-most-recent-tweet-on-his-burner-account-v0-w581g750smpb1.jpeg?width=828&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=c68c1a9ba4eed6ba56b679b36fb6fcd8783e3280

okay but I still don't know who that is :rip: did she and Matty date or something? 

edit: nvm just say that she's from Boygenius 

Edited by TaylorNation

4 minutes ago, Ms. Togekiss said:

This. For all we know she could be past 100M and they still decided to use 12 hours because it's a more standard unit of time than 7.5 hours or something

I mean that's an unofficial account... they may have only just gotten confirmation of something that I got in a WhatsApp message like six hours ago :deadbanana4:

3 minutes ago, Kool_Aid_King said:

Especially since she just added 15 more tracks, she is for sure doing 300M. Insane :jonny: 

There is only so much time in a day tho, if you play the full album front to back you can only play it 12 times a day and obviously with sleeping etc even less time to do so :rip:
I honestly think more tracks dont even help the streams that much, because if we only got like 13 tracks fans would simply stream those tracks more often while the streams will now be more split
remember Midnights standard version broke the record with 13 tracks only, the 3AM tracks didnt help much at all

Edited by TaylenaStan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, omrimayo said:

No, just 76M, 

and people tell me to chill here, I really find these numbers weak, when you compare to AM and what we thought… 

But we don't know how much more than 76 M she did. :rip:

13 minutes ago, Ms. Togekiss said:

spacer.png

hm.. wonder how loose "less than 12 hours is"

These two must be feeling so dumb right now :ryan3:

1 minute ago, omrimayo said:

No, just 76M, 

ohh then its flopping :skull::ryan3:

How delusional am i if i say broken heart is fighting for my fav pop song of hers :mandown:

IMG_8194.gif?ex=662f8ac3&is=661d15c3&hm=

Down Bad is going to be a future single. Very radio friendly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lemon said:

But we don't know how much more than 76 M she did. :rip:

could also just be "less than 12 hours" is used for convenience. 

2 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

I mean that's an unofficial account... they may have only just gotten confirmation of something that I got in a WhatsApp message like six hours ago :deadbanana4:

spill the tea hun. The account is tweeting something based on a billboard article that says Spotify gave them exclusive data.

Edited by Jpkun

4 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

Plus streaming will probably naturally peak around midday and the afternoon, because people aren't really awake at 2AM in her biggest market (the US) and also have to work due to it being a weekday. Honestly I think she might have the record on lock because of that tweet.

3 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

Exactly. The fact that Spotify hasn't tweeted about it makes me believe they're waiting for it to break the all time record because they know it's coming

3 minutes ago, omrimayo said:

No, just 76M, 

so many people explaining what that record means yet you keep acting obtuse 

:suburban:

Edited by Ms. Togekiss

Record: 76 M

Broken record is anything past that ( 77 or 177 ), that's why people should just chill. :rip:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.