Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT'

Almodusa

Just now, Mdawg said:

Can someone please explain "Tell me something awful like you are a poet trapped inside the body of a finance guy"?

It's a pretensious thing to say I guess 

• Like 1

• Replies 50.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

I don't know what to do with myself?

I LOVE part 1 unlike most of you... I mean LOVE!!! And part 2 is... better. I don't know what is this album and what to do with myself I swear.

Just now, Mr. Duff said:

Really? I feel like Side A is more muted despite the midtempo beats. Side B is more "in your face" despite not being uptempo. Especially the melodies, she sings in her mid range more in Side B which showcases her beautiful warm tone. Side A is great don't get me wrong and she has WAOLOM, ICDIWABH and GAS where she sings really well and intensely, but for the most part she's speak-singing or kinda like Midnights-style singing. Side B has more vocal moments which I don't consider as "all piano ballads".

I like first part a lot because on my first listen I was hearing sounds that reminded me of my favorite songs from her. Songs like Dress, Mastermind, Labyrinth, Clean, Now That We Don't Talk, ****, Maroon, Call It What You Want, Say Don't Go, False God, So It Goes..., Is It Over Now, Dear Reader, Suburban Legends.

I like the second part because it reminds me of evermore, which was my top album from her. 

1 minute ago, Gladiator said:

There is nothing alternative about ARTPOP.

Well sis that's why I said "tried"… :gaycat6:

The concept was two volume album… the first volume (the album we have) is the more commercial side and Volume 2 (which is locked in a vault and is never going to see the light of day) is the supposed experimental/alternative album.

And that's exactly what Taylor has done here. Lol

Can't wait to have this photoshoot in HQ... she served on the visuals 

1 minute ago, omrimayo said:

I don't know what to do with myself?

I LOVE part 1 unlike most of you... I mean LOVE!!! And part 2 is... better. I don't know what is this album and what to do with myself I swear.

I also LOVE part one. They're sister albums to me and equally great.

Do you guys think she's actually talking about Kim K? I feel like its more likely about some tabloid woman who always wrote bad headlines about her. She also sings that no one except her and Aimee will ever know the song is about her and that's not really the case with Kim K

Please
I've been on my knees
Change the prophecy
Don't want money
Just someone who wants my company
Let it once be me
Who do I have to speak to
About if they can redo the prophecy?

:jonny5:

• Like 5

And I was out here thinking part 1 was top 3 in her discography :gaycat6:

Little did I know how much part 2 would elevate it :gaycat7:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Peroxide said:

Well sis that's why I said "tried"… :gaycat6:

The concept was two volume album… the first volume (the album we have) is the more commercial side and Volume 2 (which is locked in a vault and is never going to see the light of day) is the supposed experimental/alternative album.

And that's exactly what Taylor has done here. Lol

I'm so sorry I saw alternative and ARTPOP and I had a knee jerk reaction to immediately smack that down.

I have very negative opinions about that album.  I waste no opportunity to defend myself. :rogue:

Edited by Gladiator
  • Haha 1

Im keeping part 2 and some songs on part 1 .... but part 2 clears part 1 easily...

Just now, pinkbowvintage said:

I also LOVE part one. They're sister albums to me and equally great.

Yes but it's just one album, DOUBLE or whatever and I don't know how to rank it even and I'm overwhelmed. 

The Prophecy - oh my Goddddddddd such a beautiful song, another highlight!

Easily her sexiest album photoshoot. She looks beautiful.

• ATRL Moderator
3 minutes ago, Dear Reader said:

It's her best ballad for sure. And it doesn't even have a chorus. Ugh her power it amazes me sometimes :jonny5:

The way it captures how she’s healed from the pain she’s experienced through her art in such a deceptively simple way, ughhh

2 minutes ago, Mdawg said:

Can someone please explain "Tell me something awful like you are a poet trapped inside the body of a finance guy"?

basically she's saying tell me something horrible as bad as being an artist who never got to be an artist and instead works a 9 to 5 boring type of job that kills your spirit type of thing. Finance is also known to be a cutthroat and soulless field in particular whereas Poets are the antithesis of that basically. She's just saying tell me the worst possible thing which to her would be an artist not being able to create and is instead conforming and working a boring / regular ass job. It's kind of pretentious but humorous in a way lol. It's purposely done that way. Thast's the literal meaning of that basically

• Like 1

Ohhh I think the pre chorus in Broken Heart is reminding me of Supercut :WAP:

Just now, bluebirdsforever said:

The way it captures how she's healed from the pain she's experienced through her art in such a deceptively simple way, ughhh

And the years passed
Like scenes of a show
The Professor said to write what you know
Lookin' backwards
Might be the only way to move forward

This perfectly encapsulates what she was trying to achieve with Midnights. My mind went instantly to Would've, Could've, Should've :jonny5:

Regardless of my reservations (looking at you part 1) on the album, wanna wish Swifties Happy TTPD Release Day. Nothing beats the adrenaline of unfurling your fav's latest artistic impression on the world :clap3:

• Like 4

Florida!!! and Who's Afraid of Little Old Me? should be the singles

Wait are the Anthology tracks the OG fabled Woodvale  ? :jonny5:

4 minutes ago, favorite crime said:

Do you guys think she's actually talking about Kim K? I feel like its more likely about some tabloid woman who always wrote bad headlines about her. She also sings that no one except her and Aimee will ever know the song is about her and that's not really the case with Kim K

Its Kim its in the title, she invented a backstory so it wouldnt be flagrant and avoid a defamation lawsuit. No Body No Crime haha right ?

@NOW @Michael196

The third sister is called The Anthology!

Don't believe her lies! TTPD 2PM my ass!!!

folklogymore!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.