• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

2 minutes ago, Shoful said:

Literally 60% of the album sounds like Suburban Legends

There's just no way you actually believe this :bibliahh: Like come on

• Thanks 1

Another catfishing album cover :ryan3:

Anyway Smallest Man is about Matty sorry.

Jehovah's Witness suit c'mon now.

3_Matty-Healy.jpg

• Haha 6

2 minutes ago, K$Ellie said:

she NEEDS to work with different producers, i was already disappointed seeing aaron and jack all over the writing credits once again

I love her work with both of them and I have very high opinions of this, of Midnights, of evemore.... folklore too but not as much as those. TS12 would be best if it had another producer in the room touching these tracks. I definitely get the people who have the criticism that Jake and Aaron produce the same thing over and over again, because a lot of their productions you can easily extract from one song on one album and place it on another song on another album they touched with little to no issue.

rideordie liking the album is not a good sign but im still excited

• Haha 4

i'm on track 2 (title track) and wtf are these lyrics girl :deadbanana2:

• Haha 2

My boy should be the lead

I understand the antonoff drags but anyone saying this is worse than midnights is delusional :rip:

• Like 5

1 minute ago, justin. said:

It really is Lana coded, which is probably why I love it too. :WAP:

I love Lana, and I'm not getting it :(

Convinced people saying this is Midnights 2.0 have a severely limited musical repertoire :doc: It doesn't sound like much in her discography either way, but has more in common with the latter half of reputation 

• Like 2

Just now, Magickarp said:

Another catfishing album cover :ryan3:

Anyway Smallest Man is about Matty sorry.

Jehovah's Witness suit c'mon now.

3_Matty-Healy.jpg

The way this man inspired one of the best tracks on this album and one that I anticipate rising to my top TS tracks... :bam:

Some of you admitting you're only skimming some tracks but nevertheless providing a full blown review of the album :ahh:

Never change ATRL.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Saintlor said:

This kind of feels like her Radical Optimism era

Stans deluding themselves into thinking it will catch on and that the haters will love this when the acclaim rolls in

...and it never happens

They're also claiming that it sounds very different from Future Nostalgia :ryan3:

• Haha 4

Just now, Sabrina Carpenter said:

i'm on track 2 (title track) and wtf are these lyrics girl :deadbanana2:

it gets better after the title track 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

This is the songwriter of a generation? :deadbanana2:

Damn it is that bad? :rip:

Cameltoe Chariot

omg that charlie puth line just dethroned ME! as the worst thing she's ever written

giphy-copy-6.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, RideOrDie said:

this is the album i've always wanted from taylor y'all idk maybe because it's so florence/lana coded 

this is for the alt/indie girls, it's her first album that's an INSTANT for me

giphy.gif

The title track is STUNNING! :jonny4:

5 minutes ago, futuresuperstar2023 said:

So from what I'm reading this is better than Midnights but at the same time sounds like a better version of Midnights. I really hoped that she would stray away from  Midnights and go a lil deeper in sound.

midnights is way glossier than this. there's much less cutesy pop hooks here.

there are more experimental moments on this album than on midnights for sure.

the similaries come with the driving beats and synths uses, which is just jack antonoff lol 

• Like 1

…Charlie Puth?

• Haha 4

Some critics will definitely call her childish for some choices made here 

Just now, justin. said:

It really is Lana coded, which is probably why I love it too. :WAP:

i'm on my third listen through and it's just if taylor was doing her take on dance fever/tunnel... like once you get past the initial batch of midnights synth-y stuff there's so much experimentation, live instrumentation/band vibes, stream of consciousness, indie alt girl on a small label feels.

• Like 5

Y'all hear a minor chord and a synth tucked in the back of the mix and call it Midnights :deadbanana2:

• Like 6

Just now, Daddy said:

The title track is STUNNING! :jonny4:

HHAAHAHAHAHAH

• Haha 3

every single Taylor album release since Folkore has just been swifties really enjoying it and then people who hope for her downfall pretending that it's somehow the worst thing she's ever put out hoping that it will make us turn on her

not happening BTW, TTPD is breaking that spotify record :jonny5:

• Like 7

Here is my thoughts after a first listen, I am sure it will change with time- I do not support leaks and I PAID and preordered the album.

Spoiler

Overall I think the album is very synth heavy and reminiscent of 1989 mixed with RED. I enjoyed it and I think upon release it'll get better with time- The second half of the album is so upbeat and danceable the first half is 

1. Fortnight: No Post only Taylor. Raw real heartbreaking synths and beautiful. 8/10

2. TTPD: (****! vibes) Sweet: Who uses typewriters anyway? Who's gonna love you like me? No ******* body. Who's gonna want you? Who's gonna haunt you? False engagements... Closest she came was him taking her middle finger ring and putting it on. Her heart exploded he never did it for real. He threatened suicide if she ever left. 9/10

3.My Boy Only Breaks His Favorite Toys: SYNTH WAVE HEAVEN. OHOH OHHH. CHILLS. "He runs because he loves me"- sad, tragic masked in in a beautiful cascade of synths to drown out the pain. 8.5/10

4. Down Bad: Vocal control, sweeter than ever. Cosmic Love. Down Bad crying at the gym... So **** you if I can't have us. 10/10 (Ratty-coded)

5. Song Long, London: OPERA VOCALS - RANGE. Unlike anything heard before- A masterpiece. Devastatingly haunting. Production, vocals, a masterpiece. 9/10

6. But Daddy I Love Him: Reminiscent of Country Taylor. Heavy Chorus, Heavy Production. (Ratty coded) 6.5/10

7. Fresh Out the Slammer: Beautiful Interlude 8/10 (Ratty coded)

8. Florida!!!: 8/10 

9. Guilty as Sin?: Matty Healy 9/10 1975 department

10. Who's Afraid of Little Old Me?: 10/10 WHO'S AFRAID OF LITTLE OLD ME? BANGER!

11. I Can Fix Him (No Really I Can): 8.5/10 Sex with M*tty Healy.

12. loml: legendary, momentary, fake, unnecessary. Not quite married but at the cemetery. 9/10

13. I Can Do It with a Broken Heart: 10/10

14. The Smallest Man Who Ever Lived: M*tty Healy 7/10

15. The Alchemy 7/10

16. Clara Bow 7/10

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.