• Replies 50.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

Okay i like it more than MID on first listen but...
not gonna lie this is a bit hard to get through.. pls for the love of god we need new producers.. but besides that i also feel like she lost her ear for melodies?! like her melodies on Fearless, SN, Red >>>>>>> Mid, PTSD

Whos Afraid Of Little Old Me? is the obvious standout tho
giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, yonsé said:

this is an interesting album.

sonically its not crazy different from the vault tracks from 1989 or the bonus songs from midnights.

it feels less polished though, very raw. like she just wanted it out. im assuming that was the intention with the album, since it represents grief.

im going to need a few more listens to really grasp it though. florida is really great track though.

you're absolutely right! that's what i'm liking about it.

Spoiler

lossless is gonna hit different i bet tho, cuz this 128kpbs chicken is not cute :doc: but i couldn't wait 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RideOrDie said:

and there are so many drug references. pills, heroin etc. :skull:

Lemme cancel my preorder.

spacer.png

• Haha 2

Spoiler

Literally how are people thinking The Smallest Man Who Ever Lived is about Matty :gaycat6:

• Like 1

if i share all my thots abt the album, most people will drag me and accuse me of trying to stir sh*t up bc i've dragged her on the past but i was looking forward to this release after revising her discography recently bc i had a change of heart w her over the past 5sh months. so i'll share my most positive take from my first listening to wave a white flag which is that who's afraid of little old me is one of her best tracks ever, gorgeous song :coffee2:

Edited by georgechxng

1 minute ago, Ryan said:

Don't talk **** and hide your post. You, and those who think like you, are so delusional to believe anyone on this team has it out for y'all. The thread was "ruined" because people could not control themselves and kept asking for links. No one is going to sort through 50+ DMCA takedown notices. 

Taylor Nation would literally destroy ATRL if they think ATRL is responsible. 

I'm gonna need someone to bully her into removing the Charlie Puth line like she did Spelling is fun

Edited by NoOneDiesFromLove
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Shigo said:

Lemme cancel my preorder.

spacer.png

If you have the signed CD, I'll buy it off you :heart2: 

Just now, TaylenaStan said:

but besides that i also feel like she lost her ear for melodies?! like her melodies on Fearless, SN, Red >>>>>>> Mid, PTSD

This I do kinda agree with. I do find quiet a few melodies in the songs remind me of a few others, particularly songs released in the 1989 vault and You're Losing Me.

OH, AARON DESSNER YOU ALMOST NEVER DISAPPOINT

THE START TO SO LONG LONDON :jonny: 

Good boy... that's right.

Oh we have to stan. 

1 minute ago, georgechxng said:

if i share all my thots abt the album, most people will drag me and accuse me of trying to stir sh*t up bc i've dragged her on the past but i was looking forward to this release after revising her discography recently bc i had a change of heart w her over the past 5sh months. so i'll share my most positive take from my first listening to wave a white flag which is that who's afraid of little old me is one of her best tracks ever, gorgeous song :coffee2:

share you're truth but accept that we the swifties will sentence you to death for disliking this. :heart2:

The way some of these tracks sound like the 19Katy9 Vault tracks :bibliahh:
Hack...

Edited by TaylenaStan
  • Haha 1

This is exactly the sound I expected from this album....this depressed, angry, slightly muted, cynical, bitter, angsty psychedelic synth-pop/soft rock with incredible driving choruses and bridges and lots of camp and humor.

I'm so happy. 

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

yes. they're in the songs sweetie. :heart2:

I know, but English is not my first language, so I can't understand everything she's saying :(

But Daddy I Love Him the first one I love on first listen tbh

shouldve been track 5 over SLL

I can fix him 

no really I can

Spoiler

Well maybe I can't 

• Like 2

I spent 2 months trashing Toe, when HE was the real enemy

matty-healy-controversy.jpg?w=600&h=337&crop=1

The chorus of The Alchemy

:jonnycat::deadbanana::jonny2::clap3::clap3:

Spoiler

Two graves, one gun

:jonny2:

It's not bad but it's the same thing she's done before. :duck:

Like someone said, this would be a 60-70 on metacritic for any other artist, but it'll be a 95 just for having her name on it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, pinkbowvintage said:

This is exactly the sound I expected from this album....this depressed, angry, slightly muted, cynical, bitter, angsty psychedelic synth-pop/soft rock with incredible driving choruses and bridges and lots of camp and humor.

I'm so happy. 

Whew, if this is like this description, it will be fire. :heart2:

3 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

share you're truth but accept that we the swifties will sentence you to death for disliking this. :heart2:

tbh i don't dislike the album. my main two issues were 1. jack's production on the tracks he was the main collaborator 2. the whole second verse in the title track which is very messy :rip:

but i think this is an improvement from midnights (especially on the lyrics) and i wasn't expecting her to change her sound completely just yet after experiencing so much success w that album so i was already prepared for the chill pop sonority. didn't find to be her best but it's def not among her bottom 3 for me. it will prob sit in the middle.

Edited by georgechxng

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.