Just now, AL. said:

What I think the album sounds like from what I'm gathering here

- Snow on the Beach

- You're Losing Me

- Dear Reader

- WCS 

- Long Story Short 

:wanda:

Remove WCS and ur good. Not the biggest fan of the album YET, (i think it'll grow on me) but I think those songs match.

I appreciate the direction of this because I think she is often put in-between a rock and a hard place where when she goes full-pop she's kind of tapped as being corny and immature/childish but the fans who want pop-Taylor often don't revere her projects like folklore and evermore. This is a nice middle ground and so was Midnights, but my criticisms of that album are very reflected in this one too, it can often feel a bit uninspired in it's delivery.

As someone said earlier, not to disrespect him or his talents but it is time to start spreading wings from Jack probably. It's good to have common collaborators and I respect industry friendships, but it's also ALWAYS helpful to have new people in the room with you, or at least other people in the room with you. This, Midnights, the 1989 vault tracks at this point are a little too intertwined, and it is a little exasperating, regardless of enjoying plenty of these songs.

Not her worst by any means, also not her best by any means. On first listen anyway it falls very middle of the pile of her work in the same way Midnights did.

Edited by Jack!
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

there's so much profanity in this album go ***** go!!!!

1 minute ago, Ms. Togekiss said:

So what I'm seeing is the usual suspects/OTHs rushing to listen to the leak and say it's bad, but the swifties are enjoying it. That's all I need to know. They can keep seething and suffering :suburban:

Again I just don't get TS and this album cements that. Only albums I liked were 1989 and Rep

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

i'm just really interested in seeing what the single will be because fortnight is not IT :skull: why do i kinda want "i can do it with a broken heart" it's a glitchy campy bop

• Like 3

Spoiler

The Charlie Puth lyrics :deadbanana2:

it really is jarring

Fortnights was a poor choice for opener imo. This album needed more of an American Requiem type of song to get us into it.

1 minute ago, Ms. Togekiss said:

So what I'm seeing is the usual suspects/OTHs rushing to listen to the leak and say it's bad, but the swifties are enjoying it. That's all I need to know. They can keep seething and suffering :suburban:

Yeah, very positive reviews on the subreddit (the one with normal fans), much better than Midnights. Let's see tomorrow how it goes.

• Like 1

I'm so depressed I act like it's my birthday… everyday

spacer.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

there's so much profanity in this album go ***** go!!!!

and there are so many drug references. pills, heroin etc. :skull:

people that say the album sucks are clearly delusional and obvious haters because I cant get enough, I really cant handle how autobiographical this album is

1 minute ago, RideOrDie said:

i'm just really interested in seeing what the single will be because fortnight is not IT :skull: why do i kinda want "i can do it with a broken heart" it's a glitchy campy bop

lol. This is my least favorite track on the album. Turns out I hate fun and gay camp. I'm practically homofobic. :cm:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Fortnight is a cute lead single choice and it should become a hit but the real smash hit is My Boy etc. I honestly wouldn't doubt her having the music video ready cause it just sounds like a smash, hopefully it's the 2nd single

Where are the Meredith is dead truthers btw!? WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SAY FOR YOURSELVES!? 

Just now, RideOrDie said:

and there are so many drug references. pills, heroin etc. :skull:

yes do coke on my eardrums queen

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Ms. Togekiss said:

The way the m*** had to ruin the thread too, they can't even hide their dislike for her during album release 

Jack needs to stand trial, he made this a MIDnights 2.0. I liked maybe 2 tracks

Broken Heart is gonna be a TIWWCHNT & Bejeweled and age like milk, trust:suburban:

i'm honestly baffled that she's still working with Jack because he's bringin down her artistry from what could've been an 8 to 5/10

like the lyricism is a huge step up from MID nights but the songs that screams Antonoff on autopilot ... he said 'kanye west lost the sauce' but have you looked yourself in the mirror?

JZjrYOd.png  

Y'all are some impatient sluts, but at least your takes are getting me more hyped for when I can finally listen :WAP:

Spoiler

spacer.png

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, AL. said:

What I think the album sounds like from what I'm gathering here

- Snow on the Beach

- You're Losing Me

- Dear Reader

- WCS 

- Long Story Short 

:wanda:

Pretty close honestly

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.