Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT'

Almodusa

14 minutes ago, Solaria said:

I don't understand why Swifties don't have the balls to call her out on this. I get that it's all about the lyrics for you guys, but if everyone just keeps buying whatever she puts out regardless she's never gonna have an incentive to experiment again. I was genuinely so hyped for this album and was expecting a good mix of pop and rock.. this is just not that at all.

Maybe some of us genuinely enjoy this sound for her, though? Midnights had a few duds (although I love the album), but this blows it out of the water IMO. I get it it if you don't like it, but I'm also not sure why anyone was expecting a rock sound for this album, either. Absolutely nothing indicated that at all (especially this past week when the credits dropped). The same thing happened for Midnights' release, when everyone was so sure it was 70's rock inspired, when…nothing indicated that, either. 

Edited by 1989
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• Replies 50.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

You know what is more frustrating?

She is coming from her longest relationship ever and could gave us one of her best works

Delete the OP's contents that I worked several minutes on! :mad:

If y'all don't like these… :suburban:

adding this to her setlist will be kind of funny bc the eras aren't all that different sonically

:suburban:

are the 4 bonus tracks going to be 4 alternative endings to the album or just bonus tracks without further meaning? 

she's kind of running out of ideas on this record, I fear

Florida is great :WAP:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AL. said:

Do the features have a verse? 

Spoiler

Florence does, it's a proper duet. Post does not, he's essentially doing background vocals, with a few lines in the latter half of the song. 

• Like 1

Everyone on Reddit is loving the album, but atrl is having mixed feelings. Is it a good album?

Introduction poem by Stevie nicks??

1 minute ago, 1989 said:

Maybe some of us genuinely enjoy this sound for her, though? Midnights had a few duds (although I love the album), but this blows it out of the water IMO. I get it it if you don't like it, but I'm also not sure why anyone was expecting a rock sound for this album, either. Absolutely nothing indicated that at all (especially this past week when the credits dropped). The same thing happened for Midnights' release, when everyone was so sure it was 70's rock insisted, when…nothing indicated that, either. 

Yeah I'm already exhausted by the instant complaining. :noparty:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ANG3L said:

You know what is more frustrating?

She is coming from her longest relationship ever and could gave us one of her best works

Right. She didn't drag him hard enough 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AL. said:

Do the features have a verse? 

Yes both get verses!

1 minute ago, Strawberry Bubble said:

Everyone on Reddit is loving the album, but atrl is having mixed feelings. Is it a good album?

Spoiler

It's not great. Sounds a lot like Midnights and just kinda uninspired 

• Confused 1

I can't get over this album...It's everything I wanted it to be and more... The lyricism, the wittiness, the melodies, the production... I can't cope. It's perfect.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This one hits very close to home :laugh:

Is this real? :rip:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, ImpressMeMuch said:

yeah people again thought the site rules didnt apply to them and broke them - re banner and warning on this thread

oh great :rip: I can't say i'm entirely surprised

im kinda still VERY confused by what she means with "sleeps like a tattooed golden retriever" like girl

• Haha 2

Just now, illia said:

Is this real? :rip:

Spoiler

If it was true it most certainly wouldn't be on the title track. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

But Daddy I Love Him fsffd :bibliahh:

spacer.png

is there any upbeat songs?

im clapping this is better than shjtnights yESSSSS

however it does not have much replay value. the only ones ive had desires to go back to are so long london, fresh out the slammer, florida, and i can fix him. the rest all blur together under that jack turnitoff sound

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.