Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT'

Almodusa

10 minutes ago, Klein said:

I mean, imagine being so tasteless that you want "Fearless" gone anyway. :gaycat6:

It's for the GP :coffee2: If she has the nerve to cut Sparks Fly on Era1, then Fearless should be OUT by Era2 :allears: show me the same spite miss Swift :allears:

I'm just showing it's easy to cut the setlist down to the objective biggest GP hits, but it seems fans will complain regardless :allears:

• Replies 53.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

Do we think she’s announcing something tomorrow? Like maybe a superbowl ad or something? (I’m desperate) 

Also I’m gonna need her to do something like Midnights Mayhem with this album because i need this thread to surpass Midnights :pancake:

Just now, Magickarp said:

It's for the GP :coffee2: If she has the balls to cut Sparks Fly on Era1, then Fearless should be OUT by Era2 :allears:

I'm just showing it's easy to cut the setlist down to the objective biggest GP hits, but it seems fans will complain regardless :allears:

I would argue that it's more important to keep some of the fan favorites like Fearless over GP songs like We Are Never.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NoOneDiesFromLove said:

Do we think she’s announcing something tomorrow? Like maybe a superbowl ad or something? (I’m desperate) 

Also I’m gonna need her to do something like Midnights Mayhem with this album because i need this thread to surpass Midnights :pancake:

honestly i hope not :ducky:- she's already gotten so much backlash for announcing at the grammys

Does anyone have the GIF of Taylor laughing as she watches the icebergs melt?

1 minute ago, Klein said:

I would argue that it's more important to keep some of the fan favorites like Fearless over GP songs like We Are Never.

Fair :thing: WANEGOD is unironically one of my fave songs tho :dies: 

Making the poppiest song ever & to spam it on the radio to annoy her indie ex?! The shade of WANEGOD was breaking the 4th wall :jonny5:

4 minutes ago, SLUTTVFTV said:

honestly i hope not :ducky:- she's already gotten so much backlash for announcing at the grammys

I've reached the point where I don't care. People have been exhausting this week, so let's re-enforced their misery. I didn't want a lead and now I'm hoping for a commercial at the Superbowl teasing a new single. I want a picture of Travis' trophy next to the AOTY for Midnights. Just be messy and make them whine even more. :ryan3:

Edited by Klein
  • Haha 5

6 minutes ago, Klein said:

WaiT. Actually would the woman that cut multiple fan faves from the Era's Movie to resell in other editions, care? :ryan3:

The fans will buy the tickets anyway :ryan3:especially if it means the cut songs meant the whole TTPD is being performed.

2 minutes ago, Klein said:

I've reached the point where I don't care. People have been exhausting this week, so let's re-enforced their misery. I didn't want a lead and now I'm hoping for a commercial at the Superbowl teasing a new single. I want a picture of Travis' trophy next to the AOTY for Midnights. Just be messy and make them whine even more:ryan3:

Oh exactly :ryan3:

She's touring for the rest of the year... she should absolutely add this album on the tour. I'm thinking she'll do 3-4 songs and cut probably 1 song from 3 eras. 

She must be in her private jet by now right? 

:ryan3:

Hopefully she puts out a variant right before/after the Super Bowl to maximize on the hype and make OTHs suffer even more

:ryan3:

Edited by The Music Industry

These takes on what songs should be scrapped are not it :biblio: I think some of you should be scrapped from the fandom :ryan3:.

• Haha 6

It kills me that people don't appreciate how genius Karma is. Praising Blank Space's lyrics but saying Karma's are bad is beyond me and just show a lack of understanding of what the song is. 

If you just want to trash the lyrics of a Midnights song, Paris is right there with arguably the worst line in her entire career "Sit quiet by my side in the shade. And not the kind that's thrown, I mean, the kind under where a tree has grown". That was bad. That was really bad. :suburban:

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 2

Just now, Klein said:

It kills me that people don't appreciate how genius Karma is. Praising Blank Space's lyrics but saying Karma's are bad is beyond me and just show a lack of understanding of what the song is. 

If you just want to trash the lyrics of a Midnights song, Paris is right there with arguably the worst line in her entire career "Sit quiet by my side in the shade. And not the kind that's thrown, I mean, the kind under where a tree has grown". That was bad. That was really bad. :suburban:

Comparing BS and Karma ... insanity :toofunny2:

You're right about Paris tho - that line is beyond godawful. And repeating a "shade" lyric after the absymal YNTCD? Like wut

• Thumbs Down 1

Just now, ahauntingnearu said:

Comparing BS and Karma ... insanity :toofunny2:

Well, these two songs are written from the exact same place. Blank Space from the criticism that all she does is date famous men to write about them, and Karma from the criticism that she has a victim mentality that is always plotting against her enemies. In both songs, she impersonates exactly the person she's portrayed to be. 

Like obviously Blank Space is eons better in terms of production and melody (and video). I would never rank Blank Space below Karma in any rate. But lyrically, they're born from the same concept, and achieve the exact same goal. 

5 minutes ago, ahauntingnearu said:

You're right about Paris tho - that line is beyond godawful. And repeating a "shade" lyric after the absymal YNTCD? Like wut

Tbf, "cause shade never made anybody less gay" looks like a genius line compared to the Paris' one. That's telling. :suburban:

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 minutes ago, Klein said:

Well, these two songs are written from the exact same place. Blank Space from the criticism that all she does is date famous men to write about them, and Karma from the criticism that she has a victim mentality that is always plotting against her enemies. In both songs, she impersonates exactly the person she's portrayed to be. 

Like obviously Blank Space is eons better in terms of production and melody (and video). I would never rank Blank Space below Karma in any rate. But lyrically, they're born from the same concept, and achieve the exact same goal. 

Lyrics / execution, baby.. not the concept or the intent. I agree with you on the latter

Edited by ahauntingnearu

13 minutes ago, Klein said:

And to think you are guaranteed to be seeing it live :suburban:

3 minutes ago, ahauntingnearu said:

Lyrics / execution, baby.. not the concept or the intent. I agree with you on the latter

We'll have to agree to disagree then because the line "Karma is my boyfriend" alone deserves SOTY when you know the importance the boyfriend has for Taylor. Having a lover has been painted close to being the ultimate price in life all throughout her discography. 

• Like 2

Okay but Paris gave us:

I wanna brainwash you into loving me forever

I wanna transport you to somewhere the culture's clever

Confess my truth in swooping, sloping, cursive letters

Let the only flashing lights be the tower at midnight

And that **** gives me a dopamine boost idc idc :ihype:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

And to think you are guaranteed to be seeing it live :suburban:

I'm praying she'll do it on night #2, #3 or #4. :suburban:

But if I get a new set for TTPD, Blondie can sing ME! and Paris as surprise songs and I would think it's the best combo in the universe. :ryan3:

1 minute ago, justin. said:

Okay but Paris gave us:

I wanna brainwash you into loving me forever

I wanna transport you to somewhere the culture's clever

Confess my truth in swooping, sloping, cursive letters

Let the only flashing lights be the tower at midnight

And that **** gives me a dopamine boost idc idc :ihype:

Oh don't get me wrong, there are a few moments on Paris that I'm absolutely loving. This + "I'm so in love that I might stop breathing". I love when Taylor is exaggerating to no limits and unhinged. 

Just now, Klein said:

I'm praying she'll do it on night #2, #3 or #4. :suburban:

Oh girl that's a lost cause...

The only reason she stopped playing WTNY on night 1 in New York was because she'd done it multiple tours in a row and I think someone complained about it in the Rep Room that night. Considering that the last time she played a show in Paris was in 2011 and she only sold 40% of the tickets, I don't think she's heard from anyone that they don't want to hear Paris in Paris :suburban:

Australia deserves State of Grace, Getaway car, TDOMG as surprise songs. 

4 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

Oh girl that's a lost cause...

The only reason she stopped playing WTNY on night 1 in New York was because she'd done it multiple tours in a row and I think someone complained about it in the Rep Room that night. Considering that the last time she played a show in Paris was in 2011 and she only sold 40% of the tickets, I don't think she's heard from anyone that they don't want to hear Paris in Paris :suburban:

Well, there's something camp about doing Paris in Paris so I honestly wouldn't complain too much, especially since I'd have 2 other dates to make up for it. And I know I prefer that over a LOT of songs she has yet to play on the tour (hello A Perfectly Good Fart, the Fearless vault, It's Nice To Have A Bathroom Break, Atrocity...) :suburban:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.