• Replies 53.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

I personally think Eras should be just kept as a celebration of her first 10 albums. It's a bit messy and unfair to add an entire section for TTPD when she can just sing two songs each night in the surprise section. It would also imply a whole ass new set with new production, outfits, etc. But if we're deleting songs then these can all go:

"The Archer"

"We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together"

"The Last Great American Dynasty"

"Bad Blood"

"Lavender Haze"

"Mastermind"

I'd add 22, Vigilante, Bejeweled, and The Man but they have some "memorable" moments at least. 

• Like 1

Not sure why some of y'all are lining up Wildest Dreams for erasure from the track list, when the pop single that will be on the cutting room floor is WANEGBT :ryan3:

Taylor kept WD out of the film because she knew it was so popular that it would drive viewers to rent the movie... I can't say the same about her most forgotten #1 hit :ryan3:

Also, does anyone have the GIF of Julia Fox (I think) with the really significant bangs tilting her head and grinning at the camera? I spent 20 minutes digging through the Midnights thread and couldn't find it :gaycat6:

• Like 1

tiktok swifties are being so annoying, all day today they were convinced she was gonna announce rep tv at the show pulling out the most unhinged sh*t to "prove" it and of couse they flopped

can they just let taylor enjoy something? she just announced a whole new album, can they let themselves enjoy something? enjoy this new album rollout, rep tv is gonna come out eventually just chill omg  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, State of Grace. said:

I personally think Eras should be just kept as a celebration of her first 10 albums. It's a bit messy and unfair to add an entire section for TTPD when she can just sing two songs each night in the surprise section. It would also imply a whole ass new set with new production, outfits, etc. But if we're deleting songs then these can all go:

"The Archer"

"We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together"

"The Last Great American Dynasty"

"Bad Blood"

"Lavender Haze"

"Mastermind"

I'd add 22, Vigilante, Bejeweled, and The Man but they have some "memorable" moments at least. 

Yeah, aside from Vigilante (which is a top 3 moment on the setlist, lets be real) I wouldn't say any are standouts, but the 22 hat is a strong moment, as is the little Bejeweled dance solo, and the entire office set they built for The Man is too big to scrap. I think we can also add the fluffy cloud things for Lavender Haze to the list of meh songs that she put too much effort into to scrap :gaycat6:

• Like 2

Unfortunately I feel like the songs that were initially removed in The Eras Tour concert film are probably the ones that will go IF TTPD will have a dedicated set

So RIP to Long Live, The Archer, Wildest Dreams, and cardigan

• Thumbs Down 2

Just now, wastedpotential said:

Yeah, aside from Vigilante (which is a top 3 moment on the setlist, lets be real) I wouldn't say any are standouts, but the 22 hat is a strong moment, as is the little Bejeweled dance solo, and the entire office set they built for The Man is too big to scrap. I think we can also add the fluffy cloud things for Lavender Haze to the list of meh songs that she put too much effort into to scrap :gaycat6:

This is probably an unpopular opinion but everything about the Lavender Haze performance is just....cheap imo. Maybe I'm also biased because I'm not a big fan of the song but the entire performance is just forgettable to me. The moment she switches to Midnight Rain is chefs kiss >>>>>

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

"Bad Blood"

yes please remove this stain from the show

Just now, Timeless said:

Unfortunately I feel like the songs that were initially removed in The Eras Tour concert film are probably the ones that will go IF TTPD will have a dedicated set

So RIP to Long Live, The Archer, Wildest Dreams, and cardigan

Long Live might go because it was added after the fact (though I hope not, it's a beloved moment), and The Archer might go because no one would miss it (:coffee:), but I'm almost positive WD and Cardigan were kept out of the theater release (and then the rental for cardigan) because she needed a new song that would drive people to go back and watch again, and WD and Cardigan are two of her classics at this point. 

• Like 1

How is that "unfair" to add a new section? 

I mean, we have to accept that attending The Eras Tour at all is a ******* privilege at this point, both in terms of luck and financially. You're getting a 3 and a half hour show, that MILLIONS wanted to attend too but couldn't. 

Some fans didn't have Long Live, some fans didn't have Nothing New, some didn't have no body no crime and other didn't have tis the damn season, some had invisible string, some had the 1, some had terrible surprise songs while others had masterpieces... The show already changed so many times and yet everyone is happy and lucky to have attended at all. 

• Like 6

What if she starts waiting to do tours after a few album cycles to do them all at once

• Like 1

This is probably an unpopular opinion but everything about the Lavender Haze performance is just....cheap imo. Maybe I'm also biased because I'm not a big fan of the song but the entire performance is just forgettable to me. The moment she switches to Midnight Rain is chefs kiss >>>>>

Oh I agree that it's not even in the top half of performances, but Miss Swift is nothing if not a budget maximizer and there's no way she's gonna ditch the song with dedicated set pieces and a dedicated outfit when there are other songs without it that can go first :ryan3:

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

I enjoy the Lavender Haze performance and I don't want her to cut that because I need to see that man flexing his body next to Taylor and collapse during my show. 

The Midnights song with the weakest performance is actually Anti-Hero. There's literally nothing interesting about it and that t-shirt is beyond disgusting. 

Edited by Klein
  • Like 2

Enough space for some unperformed Eras1 songs (Hopefully all from ST :fan:) + the whole TTPD :alexz2:

1. Cruel Summer
  2. You Belong With Me
  3. Love Story
  4. Champagne Problems
  5. ...Ready For It?
  6. Delicate
  7. Don't Blame Me
  8. Look What You Made Me Do
  9. Enchanted
  10. 22
  11. WANEGBT
  12. IKYWT
  13. ATW5
  14. August
  15. Cardigan
  16. Style
  17. Blank Space
  18. Shake It Off
  19. Wildest Dreams
  20. Anti-Hero
  21. Midnight Rain 
  22. Karma

4 minutes ago, Klein said:

How is that "unfair" to add a new section? 

I mean, we have to accept that attending The Eras Tour at all is a ******* privilege at this point, both in terms of luck and financially. You're getting a 3 and a half hour show, that MILLIONS wanted to attend too but couldn't. 

Some fans didn't have Long Live, some fans didn't have Nothing New, some didn't have no body no crime and other didn't have tis the damn season, some had invisible string, some had the 1, some had terrible surprise songs while others had masterpieces... The show already changed so many times and yet everyone is happy and lucky to have attended at all. 

You know how unhinged her fans are at this point dd :rip: I can literally imagine the mental breakdowns some American swiffers would be having on TikTok if she changes the show and adds an entire section for Europe :skull: 

1 minute ago, Klein said:

I enjoy the Lavender Haze performance and I don't want her to cut that because I need to see that men flexing his body next to Taylor and collapse during my show. 

The Midnights song with the weakest performance is actually Anti-Hero. There's literally nothing interesting about it and that t-shirt is beyond disgusting. 

Oh yeah absolutely. Anti-hero's performance is a literal borefest. Performing her biggest smash hit in a decade in that outfit and boring set was....a choice :rip: 

Edited by State of Grace.
  • Like 1

Just now, State of Grace. said:

You know how unhinged her fans are at this point dd :rip: I can literally imagine the mental breakdowns some American swiffers would be having on TikTok if she changes the show and adds an entire section for Europe :skull: 

Unfortunately you're right. But at some point, US fans have been treated like gods for her entire career and there are still multiple US shows this year so they better shut up and be happy for others to be treated good for once. :ryan3:

• Like 3

BTW guys don't forget that Taylor will inevitably be adding Castles Crumbling to the Speak Now set list when Paramore is touring with her in the Europe shows. So there is an extra song we need to keep in mind.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Klein said:

I enjoy the Lavender Haze performance and I don't want her to cut that because I need to see that man flexing his body next to Taylor and collapse during my show. 

Oh how I wish Anti-Hero had a moment of a performance. If it wasn't one of her biggest hits ever I'd totally want it gone :gaycat6:

• Like 1

Over, Folk, Ever, Mid, should get cut the most cuz clearly their sections were the longest cuz she'd never toured them before. 

An Eras 2, would allow her to treat them like the other concentrated eras. 

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Redstreak said:

What if she starts waiting to do tours after a few album cycles to do them all at once

Yeah, I am also thinking about this. Maybe new album with have proper settings and set-list alongside future albums. 

7 minutes ago, Magickarp said:

Enough space for some unperformed Eras1 songs (Hopefully all from ST :fan:) + the whole TTPD :alexz2:

1. Cruel Summer
  2. You Belong With Me
  3. Love Story
  4. Champagne Problems
  5. ...Ready For It?
  6. Delicate
  7. Don't Blame Me
  8. Look What You Made Me Do
  9. Enchanted
  10. 22
  11. WANEGBT
  12. IKYWT
  13. ATW5
  14. August
  15. Cardigan
  16. Style
  17. Blank Space
  18. Shake It Off
  19. Wildest Dreams
  20. Anti-Hero
  21. Midnight Rain 
  22. Karma

Some of these cuts... scrapping almost the entirety of Lover, evermore, and folklore but leaving behind most of Red, and reputation being the only era to come out unscathed, let alone losing the Chairography of Vigilante **** 

Lets please be serious :deadbanana4:

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

Some of these cuts... scrapping almost the entirety of Lover, evermore, and folklore but leaving behind most of Red, and reputation being the only era to come out unscathed, let alone losing the Chairography of Vigilante **** 

I mean, imagine being so tasteless that you want "Fearless" gone anyway. :gaycat6:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, wastedpotential said:

I love Folk & Ever far more than Puta, but those songs define that Era to the GP more than whatever's on Folk/Ever :michael: & the GP doesn't know Lover happened thankfully :pukey: If i could cut Cruel Torture i would :pukey: If i was doing a personal list then Deli & DBM will be the only ones from Puta, & PTB, OS, TOMG will open the show  :'( 

Just now, Klein said:

I mean, imagine being so tasteless that you want "Fearless" gone anyway. :gaycat6:

Honestly an affront to good taste and nostalgia :suburban:

I will lose it if she cuts the iconic spin. I fell to the floor when I saw her do it on opening night, because the last time I saw her do it was my Fearless Tour show back in 2009

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Dephira said:

We would lover her again, Maroon legacy

spacer.png

(but it will be dream pop)

Nah I'm joking, mother can make 10 synth albums and they all gonna sound different. Our pop queen.

Spoiler

But I still want TTPD to be inspired by Florence, we need those drums:WAP:

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.