Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT'

Almodusa

16 minutes ago, Klein said:

I want the first 200M Spotify debut. Less than that is an underperformance. :giraffe:

:redface:

• Replies 53.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

12 minutes ago, DevilsRollTheDice said:

The discography boost speaks for itself. The beginning of her greatest of all time run started last March when the Eras Tour gave her a year-long Super Bowl-like boost. Can’t remember exact numbers, but Bad Bunny reclaimed the most streamed daily artist for a bit until the tour boost started. I think she was somewhere ~30/40 million daily streams range and immediately jumped to 60 million+. Same reason she’s announced the TVs on stage. The public is checked in! 

:ryan3:

Bad Bunny and her were kinda trading the first place for most streamed artist. Taylor had it during the week and Bad Bunny during the weekends mostly. And they were in the 45-50M range mostly. 

But anyway I agree that The Eras Tour is the best promo plateform imaginable. When she does some **** there, it becomes hyper viral in the Swiftie community. But the fandom is so large that it diffuse through all social media and if the noise is big enough it reaches traditional media, so in the end the GP is also updated on what's happening. 

Edited by Klein
  • Like 3

She will add this to the show. She will be crazy not to do It and the whole point of the Eras tours wouldnt make sense. When would she tour for this album if not?

She might have already started to prepare the era segment during this break (Nov-Feb) and she has March-May to rehearse with the dancers.

She just needs to cut like 4/5 songs between lover,  evermore, folklore and midnights. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, RuflesCando said:

Her budget is not that big tho. The movie is written, cast and production crew probably are already set. A shoot is not going to be that long and it was reported yesterday that she's going to go directly into production when the tour wraps up. Honestly by jan 2025 i believe she might be going into post production. And Tiff most likely has a selected gala for her. I don't think there's a point into waiting until 2026. And there aren't any festivals in the summer. Sundance is winter, Cannes happens in May, Venice, Telluride and TIFF are all in Winter 

you just made that up :dies:

39 minutes ago, RuflesCando said:

Her budget is not that big tho. The movie is written, cast and production crew probably are already set. A shoot is not going to be that long and it was reported yesterday that she's going to go directly into production when the tour wraps up. Honestly by jan 2025 i believe she might be going into post production. And Tiff most likely has a selected gala for her. I don't think there's a point into waiting until 2026. And there aren't any festivals in the summer. Sundance is winter, Cannes happens in May, Venice, Telluride and TIFF are all in Winter 

There’s NO way post production will start in January when the tour is ending in December. It’s just not realistic. But I do think it may be ready for Cannes ‘25 because I didn’t know it was already written.

Venice and TIFF are in August - September. So even if she does those in 2025, I don’t see the movie getting a broad worldwide release until late 2025 - early 2026. I think she’s going for that prestige festival darling route and try to get some critical acclaim and publication hype before the movie officially premieres. 

There are a lot of songs I could do without on the setlist, but many of them have elaborated production and she's not going to cut them sadly.

"Miss Americana & the Heartbreak Prince"

"Cruel Summer"

"The Man"

"You Need to Calm Down"

"Lover"

"The Archer"

"Fearless"

"You Belong With Me"

"Love Story"

"'Tis the Damn Season"

"Willow"

"Marjorie"

"Champagne Problems"

"Tolerate It"

"Ready For It?"

"Delicate"

"Don't Blame Me"

"Look What You Made Me Do"

"Enchanted"

"Long Live"

"22"

"We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together"

"I Knew You Were Trouble"

"All Too Well (10-Minute Version)"

"The 1"

"Betty"

"The Last Great American Dynasty"

"August"

"Illicit Affairs"

"My Tears Ricochet"

"Cardigan"

"Style"

"Blank Space"

"Shake it Off"

"Wildest Dreams"

"Bad Blood"

Surprise song 1

Surprise song 2 

"Lavender Haze"

"Anti-Hero"

"Midnight Rain"

"Vigilante S—"

"Bejeweled"

"Mastermind"

"Karma"

At this point she could add 4 songs from the new album and YOYOK which is the real closing song :gaycat5:

• Thumbs Down 2

7 minutes ago, ariananext said:

There are a lot of songs I could do without on the setlist, but many of them have elaborated production and she's not going to cut them sadly.

"Cruel Summer"

"The Man"

"You Need to Calm Down"

"Lover"

"The Archer"

"Fearless"

"You Belong With Me"

"Love Story"

"'Tis the Damn Season"

"Willow"

"Marjorie"

"Champagne Problems"

"Tolerate It"

"Ready For It?"

"Delicate"

"Don't Blame Me"

"Enchanted"

"Long Live"

"22"

"The 1"

"Betty"

"August"

"Illicit Affairs"

"My Tears Ricochet"

"Cardigan"

"Style"

"Blank Space"

"Shake it Off"

"Wildest Dreams"

"Bad Blood"

Surprise song 1

Surprise song 2 

"Lavender Haze"

"Anti-Hero"

"Midnight Rain"

"Vigilante S—"

"Bejeweled"

"Mastermind"

"Karma"

At this point she could add 4 songs from the new album and YOYOK which is the real closing song :gaycat5:

I think she will quit the archer, TTDS, something from folklore (not sure which one) and mastermind 

I can't wait for the oth dragging on Clara Bow. I can't believe they don't see how unhinged they are for spending a week attacking her for announcing an album and looking at someone the wrong way. It's going to be about society's double standards for successful women. Like a woman can be cancelled for clapping too hard or not clapping at an awards ceremony, and people actually think they're in the right for bringing out the pitchforks for that:redface:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, taemin said:

There’s NO way post production will start in January when the tour is ending in December. It’s just not realistic. But I do think it may be ready for Cannes ‘25 because I didn’t know it was already written.

Venice and TIFF are in August - September. So even if she does those in 2025, I don’t see the movie getting a broad worldwide release until late 2025 - early 2026. I think she’s going for that prestige festival darling route and try to get some critical acclaim and publication hype before the movie officially premieres. 

She's NOT getting into Cannes lol there's absolutely no way. Maybe Tiff and Telluride, if searchlight thinks there's Oscar hopes. I was a little off thinking the tour would end by Oct. Then I'll guess quick pre production until Jan. 2025, filming wrapping up by march at the LATEST (3 months to shoot a low-middle budged romantic drama is more than enough if everything goes well) then the movie is finished by july. Tiff Gala in September, opening WIDE (there's no way a TS movie is going to be plataformed by Searchlight) in October together with an awards push. Being very optimistic about it

that is going to get her some golden globes nomes and perhaps a Critics Choice noms here and there

30 minute without a new reply on this topic??? Oh that 174k debut is CONFIRMED. GIF by VH1

Edited by scottstreet

5 minutes ago, scottstreet said:

30 minute without a new reply on this topic??? Oh that 174k debut is CONFIRMED. GIF by VH1

We need the alternative covers. I could swear they were coming Thursday when the deluxe edition timeframe ended 

Edited by RuflesCando
  • Like 1

i think she would insane not to add a set for TTPD but that would also imply pretty big changes like the now infamous poster for the tour would change and the concert would either be longer or some songs would be cut, but i can see her not adding a set at all like debut, i mean she had enough hits on debut for a set (PTB, SSN, our song) and Speak Now only got 2 songs so she could have made it work for debut but decided not to

I agree. She might not add a whole set of TTPD but will perform songs during acoustic  set

18 minutes ago, scottstreet said:

It took Midnights 10 days to reach 105 pages vs less than 6 days for TTPD. 

Though we do have the tracklist already. We're going to lose steam with the MMWM. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, SpeakNowTv said:

i think she would insane not to add a set for TTPD but that would also imply pretty big changes like the now infamous poster for the tour would change and the concert would either be longer or some songs would be cut, but i can see her not adding a set at all like debut, i mean she had enough hits on debut for a set (PTB, SSN, our song) and Speak Now only got 2 songs so she could have made it work for debut but decided not to

I think the main reason why she didn't include Debut is 1) GP doesn't know it and 2) it doesn't have its own visual identity that would allow for an elaborated set. 

2 hours ago, ariananext said:

"Cruel Summer"

"The Man"

"You Need to Calm Down"

"Lover"

"The Archer"

"Fearless"

"You Belong With Me"

"Love Story"

"'Tis the Damn Season"

"Willow"

"Marjorie"

"Champagne Problems"

"Tolerate It"

"Ready For It?"

"Delicate"

"Don't Blame Me"

"Enchanted"

"Long Live"

"22"

"The 1"

"Betty"

"August"

"Illicit Affairs"

"My Tears Ricochet"

"Cardigan"

"Style"

"Blank Space"

"Shake it Off"

"Wildest Dreams"

"Bad Blood"

Surprise song 1

Surprise song 2 

"Lavender Haze"

"Anti-Hero"

"Midnight Rain"

"Vigilante S—"

"Bejeweled"

"Mastermind"

"Karma"

WRONG

"Cruel Summer"

"The Man"

"You Need to Calm Down"

"Lover"

"The Archer"

"Fearless"

"You Belong With Me"

"Love Story"

"'Tis the Damn Season"

"Willow"

"Marjorie"

"Champagne Problems"

"Tolerate It"

"Ready For It?"

"Delicate"

"Don't Blame Me"

"Enchanted"

"Long Live"

"22"

"The 1"

"Betty"

"August"

"Illicit Affairs"

"My Tears Ricochet"

"Cardigan"

"Style"

"Blank Space"

"Shake it Off"

"Wildest Dreams"

"Bad Blood"

Surprise song 1

Surprise song 2 

"Lavender Haze"

"Anti-Hero"

"Midnight Rain"

"Vigilante S—"

"Bejeweled"

"Mastermind"

"Karma"

• Confused 3

When Kanye shift Taylor's narrative once again and everyone rallies behind her again. :ryan3:

Tayvoodoo truly has no limits. :ryan3:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TaggedGalaxy said:

"Ready For It?"

"Delicate"

"Don't Blame Me"

"Karma"

Now I hope you're joking because the Rep set is amazing and shouldn't be touched AT ALL (nothing leaves, nothing enters), and Karma is the PERFECT closer. And that's coming from what you could call an ORH. :ryan3:

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Klein said:

Now I hope you're joking because the Rep set is amazing and shouldn't be touched AT ALL (nothing leaves, nothing enters), and Karma is the PERFECT closer. And that's coming from what you could call an ORH. :ryan3:

Let me pretend I didn't see this :ryan3:

• Like 1

Since the Era's tour is so successful what if she relaunches it, & does all the dates she did previously again,

but with a brand new setlist, focusing on TTPD + undone tracks + biggest hit per era.

Idk how you're supposed to come down from Eras Tour, to TTPD Tour. Might as well use the iconic name again :giraffe:

1 hour ago, Klein said:

I think the main reason why she didn't include Debut is 1) GP doesn't know it and 2) it doesn't have its own visual identity that would allow for an elaborated set. 

i think it could have been a nice chance for her to create a visual identity for the album and maybe boost the already well known song to the GP, you could say that she doesn't wanna highlight the stolen versions maybe but also when the tour started we only had 2 rerecordings and when the songs got boosted because of the tour it was mainly the stolen versions cause they were the only ones available, and if we gotta be honest, she's not gonna promote debut tv, it's gonna get the SP TV treatment so debut it's never gonna get its moment unfortunately lol  

3 hours ago, Timeless said:

Easily her best back cover BY FAR

spacer.png

it's giving future classic

Spoiler

too bad for the front cover tho

ezgif-5-ac40f35103.thumb.gif.3ae770c1b6c

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Magickarp said:

Since the Era's tour is so successful what if she relaunches it, & does all the dates she did previously again,

but with a brand new setlist, focusing on TTPD + undone tracks + biggest hit per era.

Idk how you're supposed to come down from Eras Tour, to TTPD Tour. Might as well use the iconic name again :giraffe:

Well, you gotta remember that she is human. This tour, at the very end, is gonna take such a toll on her mind and body that I'm persuaded she's not gonna be on the road again for at least 5 years. 

• Like 1

Karma is the perfect closure for the tour, if you get it you get it :penguin:

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.