• Replies 53.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

If people are so good at faking snippets, maybe they should make full “songs” just to keep us entertained.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MidnightsAtPeace said:

I need Taylor's The Chain, I know she has it in herself to make something as good :jonny5:

Have you heard the demo?  The extra verses scream TTPD

• Like 1

On 2/7/2024 at 5:54 AM, dumbsparce said:

Is she in her cancelled era again? What do swifties think? I remember someone predicting that immediately after the end of the Midnights era there would be a repeat of 2016 which was preceeded by her biggest era ever and was succeeded by an AOTY loss. Is it full circle again?

Nothing new. The bigger the star, the louder the hater gets.

Fans stay with her during the 2016 nightmare so this hate train is nothing compare to that.

Like ignore Celine, drag Lana on stage, annouce album at Grammy... Like what, none the reasons are valid.

Its just the loud hater want to find something to hate, such a sad life. I get it you dont like Taylor, that completely fine but lets other people enjoy what they enjoy.

1 hour ago, skwonderfactory said:

If people are so good at faking snippets, maybe they should make full “songs” just to keep us entertained.

Some of the girlies in here even prefer them to Her own music... so I'm sure they would love this.......

hYGRURL.gif

• Haha 2

• ATRL Moderator
12 hours ago, State of Grace. said:

And while we're at it, when I say that I want this album to be soft/alt-rock, I know damn well that it's still gonna have her pop sensibilities all over it since it all comes down to her songwriting/melodies. I'm also aware that she's a major artist at the end of the day and she'll never go full on experimental left field, but folklore/evermore was as great as it gets imo. I guess hope maybe when she's in her 50s/60s and the commercial success pressure/expectations are completely gone, she'll start churning out much more left field records. For now, I'll pray for folkmore lyricism with soft-rock production.

The vibe I'm getting from the track list is something akin to Red where there's big obvious 'radio singles' sprinkled in among intimate singer-songwriter material, so my guess is that she's trying to thread the needle between the folklore vibe that a lot of fans want from her and the demands of being the biggest pop star on earth - which is where I think the 3am release was born from as well.

Of course, I could be completely off (and expect to be). :redface:

• Like 1

I had a dream she wrote a song with Sufjan Stevens (because of Aaron) and Father John Misty (Because of Lana) in TTPD.

I woke up and stayed still for 10 minutes grieving at the fact that in reality talent lost (we're staying with Jack) 

:deadvision:

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

6 hours ago, anastaciabby said:

I know this isn’t base but how was IION considered a tank by some here? It’s still at #16, I’ve never seen a vault of hers do this well 

it's gonna be higher than Yes, And? next week

• Haha 2

I REFUSE this album to be pop giving the title and cover. Something like folklore/evermore, rock ala Fleetwood Mac or else, I am afraid she is OVER :sorry:

Edited by Squall

This upcoming album will lean toward alternative rock and soft pop.

• ATRL Moderator

I'm expecting something like this godly masterpiece for So Long, London :redface: 

• Like 3

Y'all still believe in the AI snippets that are "leaking"?

spacer.png

• Haha 5

I'm hoping the album is chaotic in terms of energy, sound, lyrics, kinda like Red. I want gut-wrenching songs, I wanna be hopeful, I wanna see sarcasm, I wanna see scathing, I wanna see plain joy. 

The tracklist seems to indicate that it could be possible, and I think that's what it's going to give because after all, that's what being heartbroken does. 

I also hope it helps us understand more her previous works (Lover to Midnights) by connecting the dots and giving us some of the info that would make some songs become clearer. Was Midnights' theme a cover up? Was folklore and evermore not that fictional after all? 

I really have big hopes for this one, it's scary. 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, bluebirdsforever said:

The vibe I'm getting from the track list is something akin to Red where there's big obvious 'radio singles' sprinkled in among intimate singer-songwriter material, so my guess is that she's trying to thread the needle between the folklore vibe that a lot of fans want from her and the demands of being the biggest pop star on earth - which is where I think the 3am release was born from as well.

Of course, I could be completely off (and expect to be). :redface:

That would still be better than synthpop so I wouldn't mind it. Even if the songs aren't very folklorian, I would love more The Great Wars and YOYOKs :redface:

• Like 1

I guess when the album name was first revealed and we knew nothing else about it I can understand how you'd see this album as a continuation of folklore/evermore but seeing the cover, the tracklist, the art direction?! You're setting yourself up for disappointment at this point. 

It's still a big blur to me sonically, I can't really tell anything. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

So many assumptions here. Can Taylor say something already?

CV5BlX0WwAAYH8l.jpg

I feel like Hoax lyrics really echoes the little message on the back cover (I love you, it's ruining my life). She even said in the lpss (iirc) that the song was partly about something along the lines of "can you still love someone even in very extended periods when they are constantly down?".

And linking Hoax to TTPD has opened the door to me being broken again. :clown:

Edited by Klein
  • Like 1

The streets told me this is a Timbaland inspired ‘Loose’ album

spacer.png

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Klein said:

I'm hoping the album is chaotic in terms of energy, sound, lyrics, kinda like Red. I want gut-wrenching songs, I wanna be hopeful, I wanna see sarcasm, I wanna see scathing, I wanna see plain joy. 

The tracklist seems to indicate that it could be possible, and I think that's what it's going to give because after all, that's what being heartbroken does. 

I also hope it helps us understand more her previous works (Lover to Midnights) by connecting the dots and giving us some of the info that would make some songs become clearer. Was Midnights' theme a cover up? Was folklore and evermore not that fictional after all? 

I really have big hopes for this one, it's scary. 

I know that that one producer list is fake, but I really hope Florence worked on more than just 1 song. We NEED her sound influence on this album so bad :wanda:

The streets told me Fortnight is a reworked version of Need

spacer.png

1 hour ago, bluebirdsforever said:

I'm expecting something like this godly masterpiece for So Long, London :redface: 

I want it to be her Eden 

• Like 1

I want So Long, London to sound like Begin Again sonically

• Like 1

If she serves us with a Ceremonials sound :WAP:

9 hours ago, bluebirdsforever said:

so my guess is that she's trying to thread the needle between the folklore vibe that a lot of fans want from her and the demands of being the biggest pop star on earth 

I'm actually getting this exact same vibe :jonny5:

What the hell happened that so many so called swifties here have literally turned against her all of the sudden? That Tayong guy, Safe and Sound or State of Grace, can't remember which one. The f? 

Edited by Badgalbriel
  • Confused 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.