Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT'

Almodusa

Honestly, as far as genre, I know it's not going to happen but I'm still kind of pulling for more country this time around. I can acknowledge that country Swifties have kind of been getting fed ever since the Evermore release, since that had the most country-leaning tracks she'd done since Red, then we got two country rerecordings, and then we even got SNTV between two pop albums lately. But the vibes of the photoshoot and even the titles and the merch design kind of feel like they'd fit with an album that occupies a space that's, like, a mixture of country, Evermore sounds, and maybe some piano-based pop. Dare I say it would be kinda cool to hear some Tori Amos influences or something? It's honestly kind of fun to speculate about this album now because it could be anything. I know she's been rather clear about how much she loves making pop music, but she also doesn't strike me as an artist that will let herself get bored.

• Like 6

• Replies 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

1 minute ago, Dear Reader said:

Well, even though we have a couple of party poopers creeping around this thread, I want to thank everyone that backed me up on this. I'll be moving our daily ranking to base, so keep that in mind if you want to keep participating! 

Again, thank you guys, it's very fun to be a part of this with you :heart:

I think I'll cross-post in here in protest of the lewsers who clearly hate fun 

OT I'm getting strong inclinations that The Tortured Poets Department (set to be released on April 19th) will leak on the Wednesday or Thursday before the release. I hope I am wrong, but that is my current gut feeling. :khalyan2:

1 minute ago, Cruel Summer said:

Honestly, as far as genre, I know it's not going to happen but I'm still kind of pulling for more country this time around. I can acknowledge that country Swifties have kind of been getting fed ever since the Evermore release, since that had the most country-leaning tracks she'd done since Red, then we got two country rerecordings, and then we even got SNTV between two pop albums lately. But the vibes of the photoshoot and even the titles and the merch design kind of feel like they'd fit with an album that occupies a space that's, like, a mixture of country, Evermore sounds, and maybe some piano-based pop. Dare I say it would be kinda cool to hear some Tori Amos influences or something? It's honestly kind of fun to speculate about this album now because it could be anything. I know she's been rather clear about how much she loves making pop music, but she also doesn't strike me as an artist that will let herself get bored.

Your lips to Lord's ears :jonny5:

The thought of Tori Amos vibes on this album is too excellent, I fear it will give me heart problems. Honestly, it's too much to even think about. If I don't spam this page on release date (or leak date), just know I have passed away and gone on to the other side because of the offensive sounds on this album 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

Your lips to Lord's ears :jonny5:

The thought of Tori Amos vibes on this album is too excellent, I fear it will give me heart problems. Honestly, it's too much to even think about. If I don't spam this page on release date (or leak date), just know I have passed away and gone on to the other side because of the offensive sounds on this album 

nnnn I'm like 100% setting myself up with that one honestly :gaycat6: But hey, she covered A Sorta Fairytale once, so she at least knows who Tori is! She's one third of my "perfect Taylor album" mood board, next to Fleetwood Mac (but mostly the Stevie songs and some stray Lindsey material) and Sufjan.

When it ends up being just Midnights 2 or something I'll be devastated for at least ten seconds before getting over it and stanning anyway.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Diesel is Desire said:

It's true.

evermore

hoax
Clean

Long Live
Daylight
Begin Again

Our Song

Change

New Year's Day

Mastermind

Fixed the ranking for you sweetie

SVudR.gif

1 minute ago, The Music Industry said:

Fixed the ranking for you sweetie

SVudR.gif

Begin Again non appreciator. nasty

SVudR.gif

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

nnnn I'm like 100% setting myself up with that one honestly :gaycat6: But hey, she covered A Sorta Fairytale once, so she at least knows who Tori is! She's one third of my "perfect Taylor album" mood board, next to Fleetwood Mac (but mostly the Stevie songs and some stray Lindsey material) and Sufjan.

When it ends up being just Midnights 2 or something I'll be devastated for at least ten seconds before getting over it and stanning anyway.

My delulu ass has TTPD sonically fitting right into the late-70s Fleetwood Mac material :ryan3:

Even if this is Midnights 2, I'm sure there will still be several gems. Midnights gave us Maroon and Anti-Hero and Labyrinth and The Great War and High Infidelity and Dear Reader, so even a Midnights dupe will still serve a large number of S-tier tracks :ryan3:

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

Just realized I lied a little in this post because the Perfect Taylor Album Mood Board (at which I pray for The Tortured Swifties Asylum to be blessed!) also includes Evermore and the scraps from it with Big Red Machine and The National, like can you ******* imagine The Alcott: The Album

SVudR.gif

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

Just realized I lied a little in this post because the Perfect Taylor Album Mood Board (at which I pray for The Tortured Swifties Asylum to be blessed!) also includes Evermore and the scraps from it with Big Red Machine and The National, like can you ******* imagine The Alcott: The Album

SVudR.gif

I fear the traffic in this thread would drop to near zero because this would kill everyone

Spoiler

except for the reputationators who only stan for one album and never even bother listening to TTPD in the first place

SVudR.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not the Mastermind hate in here when New Year's Day and Daylight are right there. 

NYD is just boring, and Daylight is the kind of Taylor song you initially gaslight yourself into liking trying to make it more than it is until you finally realize it is also…just boring. 

SVudR.gif

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

2 minutes ago, 1989 said:

and Daylight is the kind of Taylor song you initially gaslight yourself into liking trying to make it more than it is until you finally realize it is also…just boring. 

SVudR.gif

Maybe I really deserved to be warned cause Daylight is a 10/10 to me 

SVudR.gif

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Dear Reader said:

Maybe I really deserved to be warned cause Daylight is a 10/10 to me 

SVudR.gif

SVudR.gif

Spoiler

Kidding, sis. I hope whoever reported you has a miserable day. :heart:

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, 1989 said:

Not the Mastermind hate in here when New Year's Day and Daylight are right there. 

NYD is just boring, and Daylight is the kind of Taylor song you initially gaslight yourself into liking trying to make it more than it is until you finally realize it is also…just boring. 

SVudR.gif

They all 3 happen to be her worst closers, & they all 3 share 1 thing in common

SVudR.gif

• Haha 3

Praylight is her most streamed closing track for a reason

SVudR.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Hasn't She been hinting at a major shift in sound during Her concerts? I actually do not know anymore.......... Hoping for some Augustine influenced boops

OWZTRPD.gif

A major shift in sound?

TTPD coming to serve an Americana bluegrass Joy Williams / The Civil Wars slay confirmed, omg

SVudR.gif

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, mael said:

Hasn't She been hinting at a major shift in sound during Her concerts? I actually do not know anymore.......... Hoping for some Augustine influenced boops

OWZTRPD.gif

When it's more synthpop produced by OWZTRPD.gif

34 minutes ago, mael said:

OWZTRPD.gif

I only know of her thanking us for letting her explore different genres throughout her career on the Eras tour. I don't see that as a hint because why would she need to warn us she's switching genres after all this time when she's never done it before 

• Like 1

Fnac is selling the Target edition here in Europe but they're pricing it for almost 50€ :ryan3:

1 hour ago, By the Water said:

Praylight is her most streamed closing track for a reason

SVudR.gif

nnnnnn let me save this for the track 18 rankings 

SVudR.gif

Yogurt Boy is officially a muse for over half of her discography (TS6 reputation, TS7 Lover, TS8 folklore, TS9 evermore, TS10 Midnights, and TS11 TTPD), 6 albums as opposed to the 5 prior (TS1-TS5).

Ofc folk+more and Mid pull from various other inspos but he's the vertebrae 

SVudR.gif

I feel like the grammys next year will just be a taylor swift vs beyonce battle... album of the year, music video, best collab etc

all I care about is soty, then roty

• Like 1

Just think, three weeks from right now nothing will be working, including ATRL :gaycat7:

3 weeks :wanda:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.